Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Congrats tricky.. Hello tvh.. how many weeks are you now? Oh.. lilian class also show videos frirst.. i m scare ...

Worthy Lady
    Congrats tricky..

Hello tvh.. how many weeks are you now?

Oh.. lilian class also show videos frirst.. i m scare of labour videos. Should i skip lesson 3?

I m so tired and sleepy.. i dont get enough sleep at night.. i having backache and have to keep changing posture.. baby dont allow me sleep side way as well..

I am seriously considering taking unpaid leave for 6 months.. bht feel very bad for colleagues as we are rushing for project...

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Thelay, I'm 31 weeks now
    How many weeks are you now? 2nd tri already?

I felt very tires during first tri. It was like I can walk halfway, close my eyes and fall aslp there and then. My 2nd tri was the best. I had energy and mood was happier. Now 3rd tri, I'm feeling tired again though not as bad as first tri. And the baby kicking keeps me awake sometimes. you can ask your gynae to issue you 2 weeks mc first? Then you can have a good rest at home to regain your energy.
    Last edited by TVH; 14-08-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    littlej - actually dr tan also quite yaya.. maybe she has 2 good qualities - confident & experienced so a bit yaya... but being confident & experienced, really makes us trust her judgement entirely. I love her machines & big screen! no need to tilt my head or turn my head in odd angle to see screen as its right in front of my face when lying down... I guess I am stuck with her.. unless she springs surprise CNY hol... then I will be around 39 weeks.. hmm.. let's hope not... good luck with ben tham!! hope you & hubby both like him & trust him.

poohy - thanks I m Catholic but kinda lost my faith when I been thru so many failed procedures...at some point I told hubby why God hates me & want me to suffer so much... also my parents stopped going church when I was 17... so maybe my faith also not strong... then with difficult trying to concieve, my faith kinda vanished... I didnt have church wedding even.. hehe.. maybe its time I consider reconciliation with God....

Congrats Tricky! Take it easy now. i also got bfp after one round of acupuncture & tonics for mentrual pains. Its your relaxed state of mind that helped as well. Many blessings to you & beanie(s)!

Tvh and thelay - ya it is the 3rd lesson. Ok video was scary. But what came after was useful - when she explained the childbirth process and how baby will move to accommodate the birth canal etc. and oh she also talked about doing perineum massage after 36th week to make the muscle more flexible so as to prevent episectomy. And the breathing exercises too. Hahaha maybe can go in later to skip the video!!! =p

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

thank you ladies !
    I'm not experiencing many symptoms and feel good, just a little more tired than usual. is this normal ?

happy that your pregnancies are going well. Have you started buying some stuff for the munchkin ? I'm seeing Dr John Yam at GlenE later, anyone know him ?

Just remember what a gynae said at a seminar. Why do you wish to bash thru 6 walls when you can use the door?

Really affirmed my decision to stick to natural. Hopefully can tahan all the way. >_<

littlej: actually I have a couple of friends with who are with dr Benjamin tham... and they love him . you r talking about ben tham from WC Cheng & Associates right? think all the gynae from there r very good lol since wc cheng is the founder of Thomson Medical Center and assume he will only gather the best gynae in his clinic. :P I kinda regretted not going for the gynae from there. not that my gynae is not good but always a little more assurance to go with a branded gynae. heh

tricky, a big congrats to you!

Quote Originally Posted by rav3naers View Post
    Just remember what a gynae said at a seminar. Why do you wish to bash thru 6 walls when you can use the door?

Really affirmed my decision to stick to natural. Hopefully can tahan all the way. >_<
    haha I remember this sentence! heard it at the pregnancy made easy seminar!

Worthy Lady

TVH.. I am now in 27 weeks.

Littlej.. if go in later, very difficult to get place.. lilian class also quite crowded..

Quote Originally Posted by missA:816770

haha I remember this sentence! heard it at the pregnancy made easy seminar!
    you went too! did you join the photo contest?

yes I did! but did not win any prize.. maybe my tummy not big enough haha

Quote Originally Posted by missA:816773
    yes I did! but did not win any prize.. maybe my tummy not big enough haha
    Lol....not biggest tummy contest . I enjoyed that seminar
    Last edited by rav3naers; 14-08-2013 at 10:42 AM.

what's so scary about labour videos? (oops...)
    but you know what? when i watched it, i was sitting at far end of the room
    i feel i also want to squeeze something out as i watched it =.=

Congrats tricky!! Have a healthy journey ahead

Littlej, sorry I had to lol on that "pretty and sexy" from wbb. What's the link here???

Busy days ahead. Happy chatting everyone!

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by poohy View Post
    Keikokon- my cycle also haywire ever since i got married and trying to concieve. guess our body reacts ....=) i also experienced late period or even skipped mths. haha those long enough here will know i also always grumble or questions why no AF..whats happening etc. Guess its normal that some of us skipped months or late/long cycle. I'd even seen doctor for it. most will ask me to wait it out....somehow those i see advocate natural...thats to wait it out...

so dont tink so much bah..maybe this month is skipped month or else is late ovulation...jia you. if still worried, go see gynae bah.

Poohy - thanks for the assurance that it's normal our body reacts to us trying to conceive! I think like what you've suggested.. just wait it out! (:

Littlej: may I know where I can buy wbb's books? Sorry...maybe you have mentioned before.

Worthy Lady

Congrats tricky!!!!

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Tricky, it is normal. I didn't have symptoms in my.first tri also. Just felt more sleepy than usual. I did not have morning sickness nor other terrible symptoms that other mummies had. Everybody is diff and I'm glad my pregnancy has been a smooth sailing one so far. My neighbour told me when she was pregnant with her son, her first tri was horrible. She vomitted every little thing she ate and she vomitted blood at a point. Then 3rd tri, her morning sickness came back again. Her temper became real bad. So enjoy your pregnancy for now, dont't worry so much.

Rav, wbb books are free if you signed up for Thomson first born incentive. If not, you can call Thomson parentcraft and request to buy her books. It is $35 for 3 books. I called her asst to enquire and she will bring the books his sun when I attend my makeup class.

I actually dont't encourage watching childbirth videos cos it is really too scary. Instead of helping, I think it turns ppl off. I would rather just go with the flow and when the time comes, you will know instinctively how to react and what to do. Watching such videos to me, is just a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by TVH View Post
    I actually dont't encourage watching childbirth videos cos it is really too scary. Instead of helping, I think it turns ppl off. I would rather just go with the flow and when the time comes, you will know instinctively how to react and what to do. Watching such videos to me, is just a waste of time
    I agree... I m trying to act ignorant and know nothing until D-day because I think everyone's threshold is different. scaring ourselves too much will only cause more stress... haha

Lol....not biggest tummy contest . I enjoyed that seminar
    me too! 1st time my husband doesn't feel bored sitting thru a seminar. heh

Worthy Lady
    Congrads tricky! !!!

Thanks TVH. Too late to book her classes and too far from my place. Only managed to book a one day express class at NUH. So hope to get her books to buff up. I agree that shldnt watch too many birth videos. All of them featured the scary dramatic ones, smooth easy delivery too boring for TV. :/

hey mummies. I've scanned a copy of the baby checklist from baby kingdom. you can download the pdf file from this link : https://www.hightail.com/download/bW...cHZ6NE9LRmNUQw

File expires 26 Aug 2013 ok?
    happilymarried likes this.