Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Just woke up from a 1h nap and feeling very hungry again. i went to my gyne appointment today, he ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Just woke up from a 1h nap and feeling very hungry again.
    i went to my gyne appointment today, he said its too early to do a scan which I suspected but I asked for blood tests so he sucked 4 tubes of blood from me yikes.
    H also mentioned about the possibility for ectopic as its too early to see the sac to rule it out, and also askedifninhad a cat and discussed the possibility of toxoplasmosis. Did a bit if research and ladies, if you have a kitty, ask your hubby to clean the litter every day and better still if the cat can stay indoors. And no handling of raw meats !

Thanks TVH, good to hear your pregnancy is going well !

Angel84 - tonight's the night! I bd-Ed the evening I had a smiley and the next session was the day after.

Oooo - ok. I have to go buy bedroom slippers then. Normal slippers can or not?

i slept for 3/4 of my facial. So shiok.

Erm I dont know if I am the first graduate . What about superwoman and faith mummy?!? Maybe I am the only one still like to kpo and come back and talk to you all (since you all dont't mind)... dont know - the rest of the forums not as interesting and fun. We have a good balance of fun and serious-ness here. And everyone here has such a great pair of listening ears!! *hugs*

Tricky - oh yes, dont't go near your cats during the pregnancy!!! And no cat litter too!

Erm dogs are ok...

I dont't know about the handling of raw meat. I didnt cook during first trime. only started cooking second half of second trime. And now I stopped again.

Littlej .. Me have not't graduate wo. Faithmummy edd should be in sep too..

I think my profile pic misled you Littlej . I think no handling of raw meat is due to risk of salmonella? But just practise personal hygiene like washing hands with soap after handling raw meat and no handling of raw and cooked food concurrently should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by littlej:816955
    Angel84 - tonight's the night! I bd-Ed the evening I had a smiley and the next session was the day after.

Oooo - ok. I have to go buy bedroom slippers then. Normal slippers can or not?

i slept for 3/4 of my facial. So shiok.

Erm I dont know if I am the first graduate . What about superwoman and faith mummy?!? Maybe I am the only one still like to kpo and come back and talk to you all (since you all dont't mind)... dont know - the rest of the forums not as interesting and fun. We have a good balance of fun and serious-ness here. And everyone here has such a great pair of listening ears!! *hugs*
    Uniqlo sell those fluffy slipper that wrap your whole feet, it look so comfy but i did not buy cos i thought it will be too hot for me how in this kind of weather

tricky: eeek!! y must draw 4 tubes? *gulp*

Quincy and poohy.. I suspect 99% of the guys suffered from teratozoospermia my hub has it too.. But all is not lost yet. Many people tell me that's it's still possible to BFP since all we need is just 1 good soldier..

Keikokon.. My sinseh tells me the same thing too. Every arrival of our AF means that the hormones and reproductive system is in place. New cycle new hope!
    quincy1986 and keikokon like this.

Quincy, I have no idea, apparently he's doing all the blood works when all I wanted was hcg and progesterone..

raw meat can also give toxoplasmosis, make sure to wash hands if you have to handle. Preggy or not !

Sorry superwoman. Hope you not angry. I am such a bird brain.

That's why need to always wash hands thoroughly after dealing with raw food or actually just about anything. That said, are we being too cautious? I am sure our grandmothers and great grandmothers all handled raw food during first trime and that time go no such thing called hand sanitizer or hand wash right!!! =p

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    tricky - cat poo is toxic in pregnancy... get hubby to clean the litter from now on.. some even say stay away from cats but as long as proper hygiene is kept.. it will be ok.. oh gosh! 4 tubes of blood? what kind of blood work is he gonna do? take more beef & green leafy vegs okie? you need to eat more now in 1st 3 months.. I was like a eating machine.. heehee..

Hahahah I was thinking of going daiso to buy bedroom slippers. $2 only - wear in hospital then throw away !!!

tricky: can share what exactly are the tests he did? me curious.

Btw today marks a turning point in my life.

Why - first time I am washing baby clothes!

(Erm ok - not I wash, the washing machine is doing the job. But hey - efforts needed to put in the Washing machine and press buttons then take out to dry...)
    tricky likes this.

teratozoospermia is in my hubby's reports too.. but some may have it slightly worse, some may have it mild... so dont lose hope yet! all is needed is one strong army & one good egg!

keikokon - this the last month of the year that starts with A.. heehee =) I too know the feeling especially after my 60 days scare last yr.. I thought I had ovarian failure n my system shut down.. even told hubby go look for another wife... looking back.. I think I went overboard... haha..

quincy - thanks!

superwoman - your profile pic is very nice... I wonder if I can look nice in preggy shots or not.. I am still expanding sideways more than anything..
    thelay - your baby can hear now.. & she prob doesnt like to hear shouting.. peaceful baby..

littlej - have you done your shoot? haha.. today is slow transition into the real mummy life.. can I just check.. what are things you get done in facial? any massage? or cannot have massage? what about extractions? I am gonna book my first appt in 4 months..

Happilymarried, my hubby is cleaning the litterbox as we speak ) thanks for the nutritional advice !

Quincy, I suspect the doc is doing the whole works hormones hcg, prog, estrogen but also blood cell count, deficiencies etc but I'm really not certain.

Worthy Lady
    Oh. Handling of raw food...

I cooked almost everyday and during first trimester I cooked those food that I want to eat as well.. Hubby help me cook sometimes but I have very particular standard on way of cutting meat, veges, food appearance and etc..its OK as long as you watch your hand properly.

Happily married.. I feel my baby feel very restless.. She keep moving and moving.. Now I can see my belly like change shape. When she move, belly also move like wave..

I hope she not so active when she come out. If she is light sleeper like me, we will have problem..

Happily married - Doing my photoshoot end month. Supposed to be next week but with the last min slotted in gynae visit plus my increasing fatigue - decided shouldn't try to squeeze too many things into a week.

Oh facial - well. I am no expert. but what i have done so far... No laser machines. Hand massage. For me, I do my facial at father in law and i only do once every 2 months or 3 months so more "intensive" each time. I dont do normal facials cuz I use my own sk2 face mask weekly. Now - I go for this oxygen facial which includes normal wash and extraction, oxygen thingy and hand massage, mask, eye gua sha and ear candling. The oxygen thingy is super shiok and lulls me to zzz everytime. I love eye gua sha cuz it gets rid of my dark circles and always helps to -stress me. And hee hee I find ear candling shiok but can't do it often. Oh... And you must tell the therapist you are pregnant. For the bed. Have it inclined slightly at your head, or put another towel below - you shouldn't lie flat. And well if you need support for your back, you also can ask for towel to be placed below the arch of your back.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

for facials, you need to let the therapist know you are pregnant cos some machines they can't use...like those that use electromagnetic waves....extraction still do-able but ask them not to squeeze too hard...no massage too...for me, the worst part about doing facials these days is having to lie flat...it's always very uncomfortable and I can feel contractions whenever I lie so flat on my back....

haha littlej, your f i l becomes father in law again! this stupid auto correct is useless...

missy10 - my appetite confirmed dropped.. no more hunger pangs... I hope baby is ok..

littlej - thanks! I will be sure to tell them.. just wanna know how the treatment is different for us.. I'm really afraid of extraction pain so I shall ask them to do it carefully..

oh & sk2 masks can use? I stopped all my sheet masks.. I wonder which are the ones I can start to use now... my skin is getting more n more pimples... look so ugly now...

tvh - thanks! so is prof ng gonna be around for you during your edd? =)

ladies in 2ww (littlehammie & who else?) jiayou!! =)

Imperial Concubine
    Hey uniqlo bedroom slippers is comfy! I bought it to wear in office coz too cold. Haha.