Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Happilymarried - Glad to hear the visit went well! Did you check with doc on the sudden cramp/pain? And hey ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Happilymarried - Glad to hear the visit went well! Did you check with doc on the sudden cramp/pain? And hey - Bouncy Baby A is saying "hello hello look at me look at me! No peeping at the other one cuz I'll be absorbing all his nutrients and I'm now uniquely yours! Yoo hoo...!!!" Oh - have not't you signed a package yet?

Oh gosh - I just found out from another mummy that yaya chan recently raised his prices. In Mar - Delivery charges were $2K (normal) /$3K (normal with forceps) /$4K (c-sect) but what was informed to me was $4K/$5K/$6K.

Oh btw happily married & shez - Shez - Did yaya chan prescribe subatex (or something like that) to your hubby? Comes in a white and green box. Happilymarried - Only Doc chew prescribes tentex =P

Quincy - to save $$ - No mani, no pedi, no facials, eat hawker food instead of cafe / restaurant, no Starbucks or Coffee bean but regular kopi / teh from coffee shop (Wangz, YaKun, Toastbox still ok ), no eggs & kaya bread but breakfast from home. Actually it's a healthier diet anyway. If you feel like having a salad, home-make instead of getting from those salad shops. No window shopping (easy to buy things when you're window shopping), no Daiso (Easy to spend $$ when everything is $2 and you end up buying stuff you never need!), borrow books from library and stay home.

Superwoman - Wow. Thank goodness you did the test. When is your husband doing it?

Littlehamster - I think day or night doesn't make a difference bah... For me, I bd in the evening / night / late afternoon (when I can skive off work). Mornings are impossible. Although I think I heard some say sperms are more power in the morning. But geez - My old man is more active in the day than in the morning (he's like a zombie in the morning) so I reckon his sperms may be zombified in the AM too. Hahaha.

Hahaha Thelay - I was wondering about the question too - Why must be naked when giving birth! I dont't want everyone to be looking at my body!!! My friend then told me ang mos prefer to 'be free' - So they are naked. But in Singapore - no naked, just hospital gown. Hmm - I wonder for those who do water birth in SG - Are they naked or do they wear bikini?!?!?

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    quincy - hehe.. my nail therapist was asked to leave her job at the shop.. the boss of the shop was horrid (shop in town nearest mrt was Somerset).. so I decided to try house call with her.. the charges r cheaper than going to the shop & no package.. me very loyal.. heehee..

littlej - when did your package start? hmm there was no mention to me at the clinic.. maybe I will call n ask..

happilymarried - Usually packages start from week 16.

hahaha - i do my monthly pedicures at the nail salon.. I think with a dog - very difficult to have home visits. i will have a headache with my dog barking... :P

littlej - my therapist has a dog & a cat at home!! haha.. she is an animal lover.. she likes my bunny too! so I am lucky.. she is not allergic to or hates animals.. hehe

superwoman - oh gosh! I just read up about thalasaemia minor n major... it is indeed very scary.. I wonder if parents who are thal minor can test if the baby is carrying the gene or not? there is still a chance the baby will not carry this gene right?

people did tell me that morn spermies r the best.. I have tried bd only once in the morn... didnt like it.. my eggies are morning grouches like me.. especially if not enough sleep.... haha..

for the trying to concieve ladies, I guess it doesn't matter morn or night bd? as long as bd dates catches the O timing & the couple enjoys it!

Worthy Lady

Hey Littlej, doc prescribed surbex zinc and solaray dha plant source microalgae.

Ladies
    Do read up this.... this was not common during our mothers' era, they may not know too... but its known as 地中海贫血症

http://www.hpb.gov.sg/HOPPortal/dandc-article/742

Quote Originally Posted by Shez View Post
    Hey Littlej, doc prescribed surbex zinc and solaray dha plant source microalgae.
    it's almost like lingzhi like what my sinseh would give my hubby

Got my hub to do the test today at the polyclinic. Now all I can do is pray that he is clear. I guess if he's also a carrier, then we just have to do fetal testing or CVS to determine that our baby will not be a major. Honestly this disorder is something I remembered reading it during biology class in sec days but I have never thought it will happened to me as I have no symptoms at all.

Missy10 is right.. I think my parents will be really shocked and I believed they were not tested for Thalassaemia then. If this is the case, the number of carriers should be quite significant..

littlej: wow you sure have some good ideas. but currently i am practicing these habits now. still seem insufficient

happilymarried: maybe in future if i have the mood, i will ask you for your therapist. i dont do mornings too. men should get they are called the nighties
    Last edited by quincy1986; 17-08-2013 at 11:16 AM.

早安!

Superwoman, thanks for sharing on the blood check. I think I was blood tested on this too during my yearly medical check up early last year. So when will your hubby's test result be out? Dont worry for the unknown....keep fingers crossed.

Happilymarried, I've never tried home nail spa!! Partly I'm not living on my own so kinda weird the therapist comes and see the whole jing gang group But since I like nail art, maybe I can moonlight to do house calls!

How's everyone's plan for this weekend? Seems like mine is gonna be spent with the "departed". Today will be at the wake of my uncle; tomorrow is big gathering to baibai my ahgong-inlaw up there.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    I'm on my way to cordlife seminar. Hope can get some tips from wbb! Then tomorrow go see Dr wu. That's about it.

Worthy Lady
    I have done the blood test when I first went to Kandang Kerbau Hospital for my pregnancy many years back. .think it is a mandatory test like hiv, hep b and etc...but you would only need to do it once unlike hiv, hep b and etc ( each pregnancy they will test)
    My husband was asked to do the test when the test results show that I have low blood count..

superwomancqy: i wonder if i got this blood issue too. i get tired quite easily
    but i have company blood test every year. they no say prob means i am ok?
    Last edited by quincy1986; 17-08-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Quincy: your company blood test dont't cover so extensive right?

This round cordlife is with Raffles hospital. Looks ex from their maternity tour video

littlehamster: hmmm....just general health screening. previously the doc say my tiredness is due to my cholesterol quite high albeit healthy range

Quincy: Cos my company medical checkup also no have test This. They only test the common ones like chlorestrol hepatitis I think

Hey ladies.... Just to check, do you all think it's okie to do rebonding in 2nd tri? I'm starting to look like crazy char bo N wanna do something to my hair.. Advice Pls? :/

MissA - dont think chemical treatment is encouraged. My hair stylist refuses to do anything other than steam treatment and hair cut. anyway, just tie up Or go for a good hair cut / steam treatment?!?

My ex boss she tahan till near Edd then go do rebond. Her hair is super fizzy type. Maybe more neater can confinement easier less stress?

Wow. I had no updates from my doc about that gene so I assume I am ok?!?

Thanks superwoman for highlighting.

Dragontail - I think you are well qualified to do nail art!!! Hahaha maybe your mother in law may wanna do her nails and your father in law too! Therapist can spend one day at your place =p

No plans for the weekend. Boring... =p

Quincy - hmm, last idea - withdraw only $200 for thr week and leave all credit cards and atm cards at home. Only allowed to bring $200 and ezylink card.

Little hamster - oooo, let us know how the seminar goes! I am still thinking whether to bank or donate.

Wbb is really good. I planning to sign up for her class when I preggy. Lol hehehe I think too far

Quote Originally Posted by missA:817725
    Hey ladies.... Just to check, do you all think it's okie to do rebonding in 2nd tri? I'm starting to look like crazy char bo N wanna do something to my hair.. Advice Pls? :/
    My hairstylist told me not to do rebonding during preg & confinement. She said something about our preg hormones changes our hair quality so might end up damaging hair/rebond effect won't last. I also got super Q mo, I flat iron my hair daily to tame it. Tiring but bo pian. Really like xiao char bor too.

Quote Originally Posted by littlehamster:817734
    Wbb is really good. I planning to sign up for her class when I preggy. Lol hehehe I think too far
    Good to plan ahead you will be better prepared than many of us when bfp. Hee