Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by quincy1986:817715 superwomancqy: i wonder if i got this blood issue too. i get tired quite easily but ...

Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986:817715
    superwomancqy: i wonder if i got this blood issue too. i get tired quite easily
    but i have company blood test every year. they no say prob means i am ok?
    Lack of calcium, iron etc can contribute to lack of energy. Inconsistent meal times, caffeine withdrawal or just plain work stress too. dont think normal blood screening checked for so many health conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy10:817694
    Ladies
    Do read up this.... this was not common during our mothers' era, they may not know too... but its known as 地中海贫血症

http://www.hpb.gov.sg/HOPPortal/dandc-article/742
    My mum's friend had that. 20yrs ago the testing is not routine, only found out late pregnancy. From what she told me cannot have natural birth & cannot breastfeed because of that. Must Csect under GA.

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Hehe, good idea, littlej, though my inlaws are very thrifty people. They dont spend on pampering themselves (even if I offer to pay/buy them something and they always so no).

I go to my regular salon to cover grey. I do it once every 7-8weeks. When I had bfp, my hair stylist switched me to henna. I will still cover my grey during bfp; just do alternative treatment.

Wa rav - you actually bother to flat iron daily?!? I gave up after 2 weeks - I just tie when it is un-manageable or just let it be!! I also got qiu mo and it is the not so nice qiu mo - if I were to cut my hair short - it'd explode - super pong!!!

I wonder if lil' muffin will have qiu mo or straight hair... I hope the latter!

Quote Originally Posted by littlej:817741
    Wa rav - you actually bother to flat iron daily?!? I gave up after 2 weeks - I just tie when it is un-manageable or just let it be!! I also got qiu mo and it is the not so nice qiu mo - if I were to cut my hair short - it'd explode - super pong!!!

I wonder if lil' muffin will have qiu mo or straight hair... I hope the latter!
    Same. Super pong if cut too short too. Now is bob cut so flat iron not as siong as long hair. I flatiron the night before, wake up hair will look natural but still will hav slight frizz . sigh... I hope kiddo will inherit straight hair like my hubby.

@littlej @rav: ya I also got pong MO. Lol my hair is very dry and pong now that looks like hay. My gynae say can do but dont't touch scalp. But where got possible that won't touch scalp sia. Haha maybe I go ask my stylist if he got any style that will make my pong MO less pong lol

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    My qu mo very weird .. only at the sides near fringe n fringe slight wavy. Luckily can just pull up n make bird nest

Quote Originally Posted by rav3naers View Post
    My hairstylist told me not to do rebonding during preg & confinement. She said something about our preg hormones changes our hair quality so might end up damaging hair/rebond effect won't last. I also got super Q mo, I flat iron my hair daily to tame it. Tiring but bo pian. Really like xiao char bor too.
    i agree on the hormones and hair relation

littlej: haha that is quite a good solution. i will try and see if i can survive lol.

i am so proud of myself. i did not coop myself at home the whole day now that my hubby has got work today.
    i took train ride back and forth the red line cuz i was so engrossed on my phone. lol

littlej: my hair is a mix of my father's curly hair and my mother's straight hair. so ends up i have natural frizzy hair @.@

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    dragontail - hehe.. my in laws r at my home with me when my nail therapist comes.. I also always ask my mother in law if she wanna do pedi but she says she no need.. very thrifty kind too...

rav - wah! you flat iron everyday?? I wanna go do rebond too.. right now using more leave in hair cream on the ends.. I can feel it becoming more "hay" like with each day.. how ... sighz...

littlej - steam hair treatment helps? I thought it doesnt help unruly hair much... hmmm... oh & that blood test is part of the oscar blood test... I cleared my thalasaemia blood test BUT.. my haemoglobin & red platelet counts were below the normal range.. doc just told me to eat more lean protein... & I did this red blood count twice.. both times came back off the normal range low..

missy10 - you went back Kandang Kerbau Hospital for 2nd blood test to check for thalasaemia right? hmmm mine was done together 1 shot... 4 tubes of blood...

littlehamster - as for company blood test, thought they dont do so detailed testing cuz its expensive?

Erm I guess can dont touch scalp if you rebond from 1/4 onwards?? But for me - it is usually the top part that irritates me - that frizzy new growth that pops out. So hahaha the best way to deal with it is to 忍,otherwise also waste money right? My hairstylist told me to let it grow... Weight can pull the pong-ness down and when give birth easier to tie up and feel less hot - shoulder length if tie up is like not here not there. So she gives me a trim to get rid of frizzy ends And i do steam treatment to make it less frizzy. weekly hair mask at home also works. My old man keeps laughing saying he never seen my hair so qiu before, very unique... Duh...

Quincy - I tried all those methods before cuz on austerity drive! I managed with the $200 per week! For 3 months! Really saved a lot =)
    quincy1986 likes this.

superwoman - dont worry so much.. I dont think luck will be so accurate that your hubby is a thal minor too.. thanks for sharing with us about the severity of this.. I never knew about this... went to do some reading up & realised it is so serious... gosh.. but always think about the chance that mummies with this gene do get to have healthy babies who miraculously do not get the same defective gene... =)
    Last edited by happilymarried; 17-08-2013 at 04:10 PM.

quincy - must cut down on shopping too! also... this aint your job alone.. your hubs also need to chip in & help save $ together too... but remember.. dont stinge on food.. eat more hawker fish soup or those fish fun (ask for more veg).. cost around $4-5 per meal.. & I used to carry a tiny water bottle out for lunch (in my mini lunch tote).. so colleagues will order canned drinks $1.20-$1.50 everyday, I drink plain water! when trying to concieve, drink more water & less sweet or carbonated drinks! =)
    quincy1986 likes this.

littlej - let us know whether lil muffin will have qiu mo or straight hair!! rav & missA too!! haha... I m so curious about my lil star too... hubby has got wavy hair while mine is straight except quite dry... now I am wondering if mummy & daddy got straight hair will the kid ever have qiu mo? you know... +ve & +ve can become -ve.. hahaha!

Do you know if thalasaemia is also checked if full bloodwork is done at 5 weeks ? I asked for extensive tests, so he mentioned cholesterol, hepatitis, HIV, blood count etc but didn't mention thalasaemia.

I spent a fortune on rebonding because hair grows so fast and my fringe and around forehead area is very wavy so I just let it grow out and cut it very short.

Worthy Lady

Ladies same!!! But mine is frizzy hair - like machiam Indian/African frizzy kind. So imagine that on a Chinese female.

Happilymarried: my hair also like hay. Must use conditioner & leave in cream too! If not like crazy wire. Being preggers made my hair drier i think.Didnt realise that so many of us Q mo. Hahaha...I always envy my friends hair since young.

Quote Originally Posted by Shez:817792
    Ladies same!!! But mine is frizzy hair - like machiam Indian/African frizzy kind. So imagine that on a Chinese female.
    Uniform curls & frizzy okay . Mine mix of straight, wavy & curly, super messy. Keep fingers crossed that baby hair is like hubby!!! Its a torture before there was rebonding. Shld post before & after flat iron pics. Hahaha.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

Rebonding is the greatest invention!

tricky - im not sure.. maybe you can call the nurse up & ask if they are testing for thalasaemia? I didnt know it was part of my blood test until I saw the results...

rav - aiyah.. should have taken before pregnancy hair & after... surely will laugh at it next time...

Worthy Lady

Lol Rav, mine is like super densed Maggie mee + lion's mane! Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:817773
    dragontail - hehe.. my in laws r at my home with me when my nail therapist comes.. I also always ask my mother in law if she wanna do pedi but she says she no need.. very thrifty kind too...

rav - wah! you flat iron everyday?? I wanna go do rebond too.. right now using more leave in hair cream on the ends.. I can feel it becoming more "hay" like with each day.. how ... sighz...

littlej - steam hair treatment helps? I thought it doesnt help unruly hair much... hmmm... oh & that blood test is part of the oscar blood test... I cleared my thalasaemia blood test BUT.. my haemoglobin & red platelet counts were below the normal range.. doc just told me to eat more lean protein... & I did this red blood count twice.. both times came back off the normal range low..

missy10 - you went back Kandang Kerbau Hospital for 2nd blood test to check for thalasaemia right? hmmm mine was done together 1 shot... 4 tubes of blood...

littlehamster - as for company blood test, thought they dont do so detailed testing cuz its expensive?
    No, mine was only $15 per pax, and its compulsory for Kandang Kerbau Hospital patient.... i did it only once....

Quote Originally Posted by Shez:817811
    Lol Rav, mine is like super densed Maggie mee + lion's mane! Hahahaha
    Lol...many lioness here.

Lol the way you all describe the hair...very funny. Haha.

My hair has no messy issue but I dread those white roots!!! Partly age, partly inheritance. I started to have more grey like 3 years ago.