Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by quincy1986:818010 My hubby now likes shower cream with goat milk because the fragrance is stronger. i tease ...

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986:818010
    My hubby now likes shower cream with goat milk because the fragrance is stronger.
    i tease him why do you want to smell so nice you r being fishy kekeke
    I also like the goat milk body bath so nice smell

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Hi Ladies

Can I check how you know if you ovulate every month?
    I suspect that this month I did not O. But mainly because the clearblue OPK did not catch it.
    Already CD 18 today. Supposed to be 2 WW already now but I couldnt detect O.

Ebichan: I use bbt to check for O..last month my opk didn't show +ve

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by littlehamster View Post
    Ebichan: I use bbt to check for O..last month my opk didn't show +ve
    I am also checking BBT but because of my age, I think I may be starting to not O every month.

Ebichan: did you take multivitamins and folic acid? They help in ovulation.

Ebichan .. I read before the best time to test the opk strips is around 2pm. But you may want to test twice a day from CD10 or CD12 onwards? I thought I missed my O last month and I almost gave up testing until I tried it on CD14 night and the test line was darker than control line.

Imperial Concubine

I am using clearblue OPK and I test every morning around CD 14 . It says must not pee 4 hours before so first morning pee i thought ok
    I am also having the Conceive Well and Folate.

Hey Dragontail - wahahha. I kena suan =p hee hee. Ok yes I do have a bit more hair... But pretty fine.. And now that tum tum is bigger the surface area bigger so doesn't look a lot of hair concentrated on one spot =p

Hey ebichan - erm I dont't think clearblue is an absolute indicator of whether O or not. Like I mentioned before, in dec - I was only testing once a day but always kosong. But gynae told me my eggs did ripened. In jan - I tested twice a day and got the smiley. To be even more specific - i had kosong on tues afternoon pee, smiley on tues evening pee, and kosong on wed morning pee. So if I only tested once a day on tues and wed morning - I would have missed out on the smiley. dont't forget the LH surge which causes the smiley is only valid for 6 to 12 hours or something (that's what I read anyway) - so that's why you may not catch the surge with once a day testing. FYI - I tested with fmu in dec. but in jan - I tested with 12noon and 6pm pee. Btw - you may have also tested too late on cd14 assuming you have a shorter cycle?!? Go to clearblue website, there is a tool you can input your last date of af and usual cycle length and they give you a start date to test.

Imperial Concubine

Hi Little J, thank you for the tips.

Wow yes, you did mention. Quite scary in that the night before got smiley then next morning dont have already...

may I ask what is FMU?

First morning urine - hee hee.

Yeah - so mine was a real life example on why test twice a day more accurate =)

Lol spreaded fine lawn on your biggy tum tum, littlej!

Ebichan, dont worry...me 41 and my doc confirms I still ovulate. Has your bbt shown a temp hike aka ovulation? I also think opk twice a day is a better bet, despite what my doc advices.

I've been reading the instruction sheet few times so that my head can register the proper steps for my first gonal f jab tomorrow morning! My sis told me just pinch my tummy fats really hard so I won't feel much of the prick. Haa..kinda makes sense. Hmmm maybe this round my egg is brewing on the left because I have been feeling the twinging sensation there. Ok so I shall jab on my left

Imperial Concubine

FMU hehehehe

Imperial Concubine

Dragontail, Thank you. Last few scans the doctor says im still ovulating but im not sure if i do it every month.
    Yes I am now on the hike on my BBT. continually rising.

Good luck with the jab. Good to run through like a visualisation so you can review the steps at the same time.

Good morning.

Just did my jab (I was a little nervous that I forgot to release the pinching of my tummy fats before pressing the medicine in ). But I'm surprised there's no feeling at all as the needle is so very fine.

I guess I have to ask Happilymarried on this : does the dial has to always return to zero after the jab? Mine didnt. From 37.5, became 12.5 when done. But I did press the button all the way in.

Anyway I will call my doc later to ask too.

Good morning!

From last week's skiving, this week I'll be as busy as a worker bee =(

Dragontail - ouch! You are one brave lady! Btw no fats to pinch right....

Btw Do you think there is the logic of right hander = right eggy more active? Just wondering.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    good morn ladies!!

dragontail - see no pain right? =) as for the dial... I cant recall if gonal f pen works the same as puregon pen.. I used gonal f once only and I thought it should return to 0... better to call the nurse to check okie? as for my puregon pen it did return to 0 each time.

alternate your left & right side in case you hit a blood vessel & becomes a bruise.. & dont do too close to the navel.. around 2-3fingers away from navel...

dragontail - my pen is the blue one.. can see 0 dial.. as for gonal f (white pen), maybe it might work without the 0 dial? check with the nurse ok? so sorry cuz i used it in feb or mar 2012 & only once... my memory is not quite good I realised.. the one sitting in my fridge now is puregon..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-19-08-46-36.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	110010  

Yes, littlej, the whole 3kg ofsitting on my tum.

Hmm… interesting thought on which side of ovaries work harder. I was born a lefty so maybe that’s why 90% of the time I feel my twinging pain on left ovary during ovulation?

Happilymarried, thanks! I read somewhere that it should return to zero too. Actually when I was sitting there just now looking at the pen, after the jab,I was thinking if I should jab myself again there and then. Ha! But I am sure I pressed the whole thing in. Better under administered than over . Oh the pen I have is slightly different from your gonal F. The dial part is different. I show you the pic tonight.

Imperial Concubine

Dragontail
    Wow!!! Did the jab hurt?

Ebichan, trust me it’s not painful! I felt nothing. But hack the moment I saw the exposed needle (after removing its cap) I was seriously in a daze for 5 seconds. Like god seriously I’m going to do this. Haa quite nervous. But I’m sure I’ll be ok for subsequent ones.

I have spoken to the recep of the clinic. Cant trust her. I mean the advice she gave wasn’t satisfactory (afterall she aint qualified to answer my questions). I then told her “I think I should speak with Dr Chew”. She replied “oh no need” and she kept on telling me what to do. My main main question will be “if I really didn’t administer the full dosage today, how will it affect my dosage tomorrow? Must I adjust my dosage tomorrow?”. She kept quiet for a while and told me “ok when Dr Chew is in he’ll call you back” ( I called at 9am). I prefer to speak with him directly. So waiting for his call.

morning all

this morning was just having a chat with hubby.
    i forgot how we got to the topic of having boys. this time round seems like my hubby wanted a boy more.
    i wonder why because my hubby can melt at sweet little girls
    he told me because he accumulate too much bad karma from hurting girls
    so if he have a girl the girl might suffer =.=
    a bit funny my hubby lol

Quincy: Maybe he dont want his little girl to be pampered princess?

Quote Originally Posted by littlehamster View Post
    Quincy: Maybe he dont want his little girl to be pampered princess?
    haha...i guess. maybe.

Just spoken with my doc and he asked me to hold the pen longer in my tummy after the jab (20s instead of 10s). Hmm...now I think back...maybe it was because I didnt release the fats pinching before inserting the medicine. Must remember to do the correct way tomorrow. He told me dont adjust the dosage regardless. Keep to my prescribed daily dosage.

dragontail - hehe.. if you do it more frequent like me.. soon... no need to pinch.. just poke.. faster.. haha.. grab a pic of your pen later tonight ya? you did great today for first time!! dont worry about dosage.. cuz you have eggie every cycle.. wrong dosage mainly affect those who have 0 egg & need the right dosage for the egg to come out..