Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; ebichan - looks like you covered base well this cycle!! all the best now for your 2ww!...

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    ebichan - looks like you covered base well this cycle!! all the best now for your 2ww!

Worthy Lady
    Littlej.. I saw that in sun newspaper as well.. I was like.. Oh. .. So gross... But poor baby is surviving on that..

My gonal f finally returns to zero after the jab. Yay. Practice makes perfect.

Oh then I am the icky one. For beauty, I dont mind to do anything so long no one or animal is hurt or killed in the process! I gotta read up how to encapsulate it (who does it and how much). Afterall it's my own...I dont feel funky

Hahah Dragontail - four trimesters does it. Anyway I wonder if it is another funky new age thingy.

Good morning everyone! I have another full day of meetings! Feeling lazy and didnt wanna drive and so decided to make an advanced taxi booking. Guess what - no cabs!!! How can there be no cabs - $8 advanced booking fee ! Anyway going to try make a current booking.

*grr*

Dragontail - Wa you sure pick up fast! Eggs eggs - 加油!

littlej - the thing about cabs in sg... is that they are never avail when you need one! hehe.. I never have luck with cabs...

the placenta thingy... sounds icky.. I'm gonna look it up for the benefits it provides... not sure if its true... I also would do anything just as long as it benefits my health n if my skin too, that will be great bonus!!

dragontail - hehe... practice indeed makes perfect!! eggies eggies do grow well & be healthy! also.. when the time comes.. do pick a healthy boyfriend aka spermie! heehee.. =)

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

i just read the experience of another t-tc buddy. she also had jabs like puregon etc. just for iui. sudden i feel so emo about this T.T
    i am afraid i jab until i got no mood to work. will the jabs do anything to me if i were to have some?

Talking about placenta…. My colleague’s sis just popped and she told me the sis’ placenta didn’t pass out like it should. So the gynae INSERT HIS WHOLE HAND INSIDE to search for it and pull it out. *faint*

I feel the capsule form is acceptable. dont’t think I want anyone to cook my placenta and add that into my confinement food! Anyway I wonder how to cook it?? Cut into stripes and stir fry with kalian?

So it’s true Singapore’s cabs tend to disappear when we need them?! I mean seriously there are so many cabs on the road, I see many neighbors who are cabbies, friends’ hubbies also cabbies, etc. Just where are they when we need them?

Happilymarried, now I look forward to the scan tomorrow to see what’s going on in my ovaries. I’ve been feeling more twinges in my left ovary since the jab. In fact, I started to have loads of EWCM last night (but could be my Tamoxifen. I am on Tamoxifen since CD3 to CD9. Gonal F starts from CD10. Today I am CD11). I wonder if this Gonal F is gonna make me O earlier this cycle.

Oooo - you should google on the process of encapsulation. It involves drying of the placenta.

Hahaha I can't get pass the ick factor. I saw a friend's dog give birth before and how she ate the placenta - normal for dogs. Hahaha so the minute I thought of eating my own placenta in whatever form - makes me think of the dog!

I read somewhere that some medical halls dry the placenta, made it in powder form and encapsulate. Too icky for me ! My dog gave birth to puppies and ate all the placentas too, she had the glowy mummy look after haha.

Dragontail, what's this gonal pen for ?

on an unrelated note I'm in a bit of a dilemma, which hospital are you ladies going for delivery ?

tricky:
    whichever hospital that you think can meet your expenses?
    and their service standards?
    i read somewhere that certain hospitals "overcharge".
    and what form of payment method you prefer? cash upfront?

also is the hospital location good whereby your hubby / taxi can drop you off safely from the car when you r due?

Worthy Lady

Wow dragontail, loads of EWCM on cd11? That's really early! Must be all the supps!

tricky - you have a dog & a cat at home? im stuck with mount e (im the only one here I think)... prepared for the charges.. no choice... you can still search around for good gynaes.. most prefer patients to give birth where their clinic is located...

Thanks Quincy, I read reviews saying some hospitals have hidden costs. Difficult to compare.
    I really like raffles hospital because I had my laparoscopy for my endo there last year and I found the service, nurses and doctor excellent. And the room was super comfy (normal single bedder) my husband thinks its expensive and my family wishes me to choose mount alvernia because they are catholic and all my cousins were born there (me too) but if the price is not that much different I'd rather go with RH

dragontail - it all depends on your egg size.. im excited to know too!! hehe.. & yes.. gonal f or puregon does aid in production of ewcm...

Happilymarried, my dogs are with my mum in France, but I have my kitty here with me ( hubby cleans the litter)

My doctor Dr Yam delivers at GlenE and Mount Alvernia but dont't know about RH. Too early anyway, I'm still learning about all the things to sign on to (antenatal package etc)

tricky - im not sure if mount a would be cheaper or similar price to rh... I love rh too.. had my hsg done there.. love the service & the whole building just looks so new & convenient.... but I have read many good reviews on mount a too... hubby & I were both born at mount a.. we would have considered mount a but now we do not have a choice anymore...

Thanks Happilymarried, I think I'll ask for a detailed breakdown at each hospital and decide then.

Tricky, I guess there are a lot of things to consider in choosing a hospital. Hopefully you’ll find one that fits you. For me, too early to think for one… though I’m more keen on Kandang Kerbau Hospital. I was born in Alexandra Hospital though! (because we stayed near there in the 1970s).

Gonal F is a self-inject medicine to produce “quality egg/s”. I did ask my doctor if it produces “quantity eggs” too. He said “no no no. We are not doing IVF”. Hee.. I anyhow asked.

Shez, ya, last night in toilet I was like wahhhh EWCMEWCMEWCM. CD11 is surely early for me. I usually O on CD17-18.

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried View Post
    tricky - im not sure if mount a would be cheaper or similar price to rh... I love rh too.. had my hsg done there.. love the service & the whole building just looks so new & convenient.... but I have read many good reviews on mount a too... hubby & I were both born at mount a.. we would have considered mount a but now we do not have a choice anymore...
    happilymarried: y dont't you have a choice? you are continuing with ann tan?

and my batch is 1 of the govt hospital. batch...macam mass production?
    was it toa payoh hospital then?
    during my time very rare to see fellow classmates to have the birth card from private hospital.
    the poor kid actually feel quite left out then. now is the opposite.

quincy - yup.. will continue with dr ann.. better to let her see thru all the way...

dragontail - its the same serum for ivf.. only dosage is much more.. e.g. daily 100-200iu.. that is where the cost comes in.. cuz depending on the dosage needed for your body to react to produce the eggs... more serum means more cost..

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

littlej: dr wu got the angry plus irritated look. she kept open her mini window and tell the assistant outside what to do..

dr wu gave me dates to bd, cd13, cd6, cd18 (which is yesterday), and yesterday i got positive opk, so means i havent O, or gonna O today.. question is do i need to bd another time, lets say cd20 (wednesday), even if she did not say?

i actually prefer Kandang Kerbau Hospital due to convenience..

littlehamster: referring to my sinseh and current gynae's instructions, they will say yes. continue to bd after positive opk.

i think dr wu's assistant must be having L-L face

littlehammie - no harm to bd once more.. since your hubby already got 1 day break in between! I think littlej also bd 4 or even 5 times that time she conceived lil muffin?