Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Hello!!! What a nice morning to sleep in... Yawn. I agree that ART rules in Singapore are ridiculous and not ...

Hello!!!

What a nice morning to sleep in... Yawn.

I agree that ART rules in Singapore are ridiculous and not up to date with societal needs and changes. Do you know that singles do not qualify for ART in Singapore - both the technology and the subsidy. A single lady who is capable to bring up a child, does not qualify for iui and ivf or even access to a sperm bank - simply because she is not married. Sure, I agree on the research that a child thrives best in an environment with both mama and papa but Who's to say a child doesnt do well with a single parent who genuinely wants a child but is penalized because she is not married. And I sometimes think a child may thrive better under a single parent than under 2 parents who are constantly arguing or dysfunctional. Also - with women getting married later, the 40 years old age limit is terribly old fashioned.

I have friends who are in loving relationships and staying together for but they either do not believe in the constitution of marriage or can't get married due to parents' disapproval (religion / race reasons). They want a child, tried naturally but cannot - they can't go for iui or ivf even if they are willing to pay full price without subsidy. I also have friends who got married at 41 or later. I also have friends who were very focused on career (and contributing to the growth in Singapore) but that comes at a price usually relationships - and the clock is ticking. And these friends do want a child. So they have no choice but to either hop over to our neighboring city across the causeway (where they can undergo ART and costs are cheaper but it is tiring to make the trip frequently) or they take a year off and fly to Australia or Thailand to do the necessary. Thankfully - all went well and yes everyone is happy and I see their children growing happily and healthily and the kids do not see themselves differently from their peers.

And dont't forget single mothers also dont't get full maternity leave (as compared to married mothers) and zero qualification for baby bonus too.

I really think for the govt to improve birth rates, they shouldn't be penalizing against singles or set ridiculous age limits. I am sure there could be some psychological tests / counselling to ensure these non-married applicants are ready before allowing them to proceed with the treatments. At least, given these folks an opportunity instead of shutting them out completely.

My rant for the day =)

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried View Post
    quincy - yes!! i didnt know that back then also.. egg whites very high in protein.. especially raw! it prevents OHSS too.... I take them half cooked/boiled type... then dig out the yolks to throw... it was either eat cheap egg whites or buy expensive protein powder from gynae clinic... I chose to tahan the eggs... haha..
    icic...then i go try eat egg white. i also very bloated up before my af =.=
    so it's not fattening i can just eat like that?

Imperial Concubine

Littleham: do you want ask again? Pre o n after o an tai is definately different . She cannot be giving you an tai med on pre o right. I know the main component in pre o is sude got dang gui. After o sure no dang gui. N of cox many many others that I dont rmbr haha.

Littlehamster the med is definitely working well for you. Clearing bowels regularly means you are clearing the toxins away from your body. You will also be slimmer

Good luck to all those in tww!

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    quincy - dont take 6-8 like me! maybe 1-2 & over 2-3 days will do... hehe... wont put on weight.. only be careful of the runny yolk (not too much).. I usually make at home not so runny.. then scoup n throw it away...

littlehamster & poohy... hmm even at eys paragon.. pre o & post o herbs were different... totally different taste....

Little hamster - glad you found dr wu effective! All thanks to Dragontail for the recommendation! I find her med excellent too cuz I can poo with no issues daily! Oh anyway, I think her post o and pre o meds are different. I find her post o meds more "辣" than pre o. At least for me anyway. If you are seeing her weekly she should be able to 挑 accordingly ya? I saw her weekly then. Hmm - I didn't think my boobs became fuller though. If traditional chinese medicine can make boobs fuller too - hahaha I will continue with dr wu after I pop!

Happilymarried - are you still staring at your bikini bottoms? Hahaha. I couldn't fit into my skinny jeans 11th week onwards if that is any consolation.

Well - no package is also good. Cuz it means you can change doc if you want =p my detailed scan was also around $350 not included in the package. Actually I dont't understand why docs make you sign package - they are not beauticians / therapists what. Why wanna lock you down.

Gnissim - I have seen many pregnant women smoking during trying to concieve and after bfp - all the way till popping then still smoking. I have friends like that. I have also seen folks and i have friends who stopped after bfp then after breast feeding picked up again and smoked all the way until bfp again. I think it is not ideal to smoke during trying to concieve, whilst being pregnant and after being a mother. I mean - for the child to breathe in second hand smoke is bad isn't it? And even whilst parents dont smoke in front of the child and take mints, there is the smell lingering on the clothes and on the fingers and the teeth stains and dark lips - if the child buries him or herself in your clothes whilst giving you a hug and breathe in the remnant ciggie smell on the clothes - isnt it not very good too? but these are just my thoughts . no offense to anyone ya! i was a smoker since 20 years old. i made the decision to quit at 33 years old so that i have a year to relieve my body of nicotine and i wanted to be sure that during this one year, i can really have a no ciggie lifestyle with no temptation to even pick up - before even commencing trying to concieve. Hahaha - now I wish my old man will quit - But well, it is his life and I have already said it a couple of times so the rest is up to him.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

i think maybe my body weaker so she continue the med? i'll ask her again on sunday. my powder now has some dark brown specks with the rest finely ground light brown... i see peep on the paper she wrote only about 5-6 items inside

I'm now also in my 2ww. To be exact, i left 1 more week to go.. But im feeling alittle down bcos it seems like AF may come.. I dont have any preggy symptoms at all. Sigh.. i really want to get preggy badly..

Imperial Concubine
    Angel...I feel you...im ending 2ww and feeling crampy. I aso hope can get preg fast...haizzz

Happilymarried, didnt know egg white does that. An ex boyfriend of my friend used to gulp like a dozen of egg whites everyday because he is doing body training. He gives the yolk to a bakery shop. Drink the whites but dont exercise wont get flabby meh? I think max at one go for me is 2 whites. Any thing more I think I will puke. Kudo to you! Btw I also dont eat yolks. I always try to pick those cut mooncakes that dont have yolk sitting in it. Or I scrap the yolk away. Hee.

Angel, poohy, after how my hubby replied me last night, I suddenly feel more "urgency" in this trying to concieve. Oh well, some things just have to wait for the right time. Good lucky!!
    Last edited by Dragontail; 22-08-2013 at 03:16 PM.

dragontail - from how I experienced.. protein (from egg whites) will not help you build muscles unless you go pump in the gym.. or do those muscle work out.. I didnt grow any muscle & in fact I think I lost weight... cuz after the egg whites.. I was so bloated still I couldn't eat that much.. forced myself to eat to help my eggs grow.. I think once down the trying to concieve road... weight gain does not matter (I am still trying to tell myself that everyday ) as long as we try to eat healthy during the injections... that's all we can do... so not to worry..

the puffy feeling from the jabs will lessen or disappear after you stop jabbing...

i think for this i am going to need to plan some budget for dresses too.
    i miss my S size. i used to be S size. where have you gone?

I feel fat instead of slim .. think after o the tummy will bigger plus the wind inside bloated

Quote Originally Posted by littlehamster View Post
    I feel fat instead of slim .. think after o the tummy will bigger plus the wind inside bloated
    oh so the bloating is due to wind? not water retention?

Imperial Concubine

dragontail! i want to share mooncake with you! hahahaha..i love mooncakes with yolk! No yolk i dont take..hahahaha...

i no water retention... i sleep with legs raise.. hehe.. but i do have flab of tummy fats

Quote Originally Posted by littlehamster View Post
    i no water retention... i sleep with legs raise.. hehe.. but i do have flab of tummy fats
    i have a lot of water retention T.T
    i look so pregnant everytime

Talking about bloating, I feel my breast these few days also fuller!

poohy, hahah yeah I found my mooncake buddy. Do you like chicken drumstick? Because I only eat breast meat. We can be chicken buddy too. lolol.

dragontail - I will compete with poohy to snatch your yolks from the mooncakes! hahahaha.

wahahah! I'm in between! I love moon cake yolks n chicken breast! actually I love egg yolks... but going down the road of 6-8 eggs a day thingy was really the ultimate challenge.... haha

littlehamster - if you frequently get bloated from wind in tummy, take less acidic food (spicy food like guo, tom yum, hot chilli etc).. & do not go hungry.. keep some packets of ginger eno with you.. they r a life saver...
    quincy1986 and littlehamster like this.

anticipating our mooncake purchase too.

i drink at least 3 talls cups of water at work everyday. is that enough for me?
    the tall is about the venti size at starbucks.

Sorry, i dont remember who has the taobao agent, can give me the link again

Thanks in advance

Imperial Concubine

Missy10: im using 65daigou. I rmbr there is another lady here using another agent. Lol.

Hi ladies !

today I went to my docs for my 1st abdominal scan and he saw the heart flicker (I couldn't) I also had my very first bad nausea episode...at the bus stop alone it was pretty bad I felt like I was on the verge of fainting (cold sweats and dizziness). I had to call the husband to come fetch me.
    the doc said that was quite common, he even has 1st tri pregnant patients who collapse after they leave the clinic.
    He also told me that because of nausea and bad sickness, some mothers to be ask to terminate the pregnancy because they can't tahan...I was in such shock when i heard that...

littlej, I also dont't understand why single mothers cannot have full access and similar privileges than married mothers ! I actually find this ridiculous and very remote. It's like when you want to buy a hub flat, you have to be married or else nada...or you have to wait after 35 and even then, there are some other restrictions.
    The majority of my overseas friends who have kids, got married only after the child was born, when its not my single friends who bring their child up alone. So discriminating and thought controlling...

Worthy Lady

Oooo so many people wanna snatch yolks. Me join too!!!!