Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; chicken breast is the portion of thick meat? I like drumstick! chicken thigh! hehehehehe...dont like chicken fillet......

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

chicken breast is the portion of thick meat? I like drumstick! chicken thigh! hehehehehe...dont like chicken fillet...

I was actually hunting for a 3 room flat under single scheme when I hit 35 (although I was part-tor-ing with my hubby, then boyfriend, I wasnt thinking of marrying. I just wanted to own a property of my own then). It felt so long that I finally hit 35... but I think god had a path carved for me. I saw few resale units and I finally found this lovely beautiful 100% moved-in 3 room hdb flat. There were a handful of interested buyers. I woke up that morning and called my agent "ok yes. I want that house. I will pay $40k COV". What was I thinking??!! I seriously was ready to pay that hard earned money. That was crazy (both the property market and my head). But then she told me too late. Someone else paid $42k cash earlier that morning. Then I thought maybe god didnt want me to be kuku and buy a expensive house at that time (property super boom then).

What I am trying to say is at this era, people are marrying later and later. To wait till 35 to be eligibile for a hdb flat under single scheme is a joke. I know the government mindset is to give priority to family nucleus. But times have changed. The ethos has certainly evolved with time. Being single can be a choice (or not. Doesnt matter here). It's a real situation and this group's concerns shouldnt be omitted conveniently.
    littlej and ebichan like this.

littlej, shez, poohy, hope you all will have the spirt of sharing my mooncake yolks. Ha!

Poohy, ya I love fillet and breast! I dont mind wings sometimes. I super dont like drums nor thigh. Heee they are all yours.
    poohy likes this.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky:819317
    Hi ladies !

today I went to my docs for my 1st abdominal scan and he saw the heart flicker (I couldn't) I also had my very first bad nausea episode...at the bus stop alone it was pretty bad I felt like I was on the verge of fainting (cold sweats and dizziness). I had to call the husband to come fetch me.
    the doc said that was quite common, he even has 1st tri pregnant patients who collapse after they leave the clinic.
    He also told me that because of nausea and bad sickness, some mothers to be ask to terminate the pregnancy because they can't tahan...I was in such shock when i heard that...

littlej, I also dont't understand why single mothers cannot have full access and similar privileges than married mothers ! I actually find this ridiculous and very remote. It's like when you want to buy a hub flat, you have to be married or else nada...or you have to wait after 35 and even then, there are some other restrictions.
    The majority of my overseas friends who have kids, got married only after the child was born, when its not my single friends who bring their child up alone. So discriminating and thought controlling...
    I fainted once during my first trimester. .luckily everything is okay..

I would usually keep a small plastic in my bag so that I could vomit in the plastic bag if a toilet is not in sight. My ms could be few times a day, stop for 1 day or 2 then the whole process will start again..I still has bouts of ms/queasyness now even though I am 31 wks...

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Huh watsons selling fortel opk 5 tests only $40!? I dont't remember is so ex one

omggosh just knocked off work and got home, having dinner now. so swarmed at work I cant take it! on leave tomorrow as boy's infantcare is closed.. finally a break but my mind cant stop working!

talking about mooncakes, my company's selling mooncakes anyone keen? im from purple sage (we do catering) so please let me know if ure interested !

single mums really dont have baby bonus? my friend's asking.. her relationship is so complicated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Purple Sage Mooncakes for FB.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	110162  

wantonmee: got sample?

my hubby actually remembers bd dates. my naughty boy is trying to impress me.
    kekekeke

quincy - wa, your hubby is good!

wantonmee - single mums are not entitled to baby bonus as well as the cash gift (Baby Bonus). single mums are also not entitled to 4 months maternity, only 2 months maternity leave. i hope your friend is ok.

hihi all, i'm new here...me and my hubby trying to conceive since 2012 june...
    till now no news yet! have tried consulting both western and now traditional chinese medicine too...any advice?

Worthy Lady
    Dragontail...can I snatch the chicken thigh from you too.. I only eat drumstick, thigh and wing. Same for duck.. The rest dont't like..

Today very funny on MRT.. One uncle run pass me to take the priority seat.. Then I take seat another side and one aunty ask me to give up seat for her Fri. I stand up for her as granny look old. They saw my bump and pai seh.. Lol..

Went to glene hospital tour. Rooms and ambience wise, I prefer Thomson. Glene give me hospital feeling. Not sure cos every time I went there is to visit who are hospitalised.

But ask Gynae and Gynae prefer glene as nearer for her. Thinking what to choose.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    ladies.. so sorry I hijack this thread a bit to ask.... has anyone ever sent their treasured bags for bag cleaning before? which place did you use? I'm considering doing my very first bag cleaning next month... I have stopped buying.. & think its time to give some of them a good wash..

happilymarried - i go to colorwash @ mandarin gallery. ColorWash - Outlet locations so far they have done a good job for my bags. no damage

hello yukki - welcome! which docs are you seeing?

i'm going to meet dr ben tham tomorrow! oh gosh - i feel a little silly - looking like a hippo and seeing a new doc.

thelay - did you read today's mind & body - there's an article on breast-feeding and which hospitals have been accredited with some breast-feeding certification. NUH is the very first one, and hospitals like Thomson Medical Center, Mt A, Kandang Kerbau Hospital are also gearing towards that. I dont't recall the article making mention of Glen E. Also did some research and came across this - WHO certified

I dont't know if this is important to you. But perhaps this might help in your hospital selection.

hihi littlej, i went to thomson women clinic at katong Dr Geraldine and for traditional chinese medicine i went to zou yumin at amk...
    we been trying for a year plus...no good news yet...

Welcome yukki. So may I ask what did your dr and sinseh say about the situation so far? Has your hubby ever been checked too?

Littlej, maybe Dr Tham is "handsome & sexy"? Hee. Hope he is the perfect fit for the 3 of you! Update after your visit.

Tomorrow have to check check my follies again. I am hoping this jabbing thing be over soon. Such a chore. Argh. Things we do for trying to concieve.

littlej - thanks! I was considering between colorwash or the bag n shoe aesthetic... hehe..

Oh wantonmee, I should have known about the mooncakes from you. Can try try yours. Every year we buy in hundreds of boxes.

When is your next scan?

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by angel84 View Post
    I'm now also in my 2ww. To be exact, i left 1 more week to go.. But im feeling alittle down bcos it seems like AF may come.. I dont have any preggy symptoms at all. Sigh.. i really want to get preggy badly..
    Hi Angel, Poohy

Im also at 2WW.
    Actually i read not poss to have preggy symptoms right? at 2 WW.

I've not gotten any PMS symptoms 1st week of 2 WW .
    Maybe because I restarted Conceive Well last month so my breasts were really tender.
    This month not yet.

6 more days countdown... fingers crossed

hi yukki, welcome! have you been thru any tests? are you consistently on traditional chinese medicine herbs & pre natal vits?

littlej & dragontail - update tomorrow okie? one on muffin & handsome doc & the other on eggies!! so exciting! dragontail you still getting lots of ewcm?

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by yukki View Post
    hihi all, i'm new here...me and my hubby trying to conceive since 2012 june...
    till now no news yet! have tried consulting both western and now traditional chinese medicine too...any advice?
    Yukki
    Welcome, welcome! I have not yet consulted any traditional chinese medicine or Fertility doctor as I was told to try some more months.

What sort of protocol have you done up to now, eg. BBT, Ovulation Predictor Kit etc?

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by nataliengbh View Post
    I fainted once during my first trimester. .luckily everything is okay..

I would usually keep a small plastic in my bag so that I could vomit in the plastic bag if a toilet is not in sight. My ms could be few times a day, stop for 1 day or 2 then the whole process will start again..I still has bouts of ms/queasyness now even though I am 31 wks...
    Nat, im sorry to hear the MS is so bad. Do you find that any trigger or anything helps? 31 weeks !!!! Amazing!!!!!!!

Imperial Concubine

yukki: so did both your doc ask you to do blood test, hsg test, scanning of follicle, and hubby SA? how long you have seen the doc ?

Happilymarried, I think today not so much ewcm. Just a little. But er...these few days feel very easily turn on. Ha! Sign of ovulation coming

Poohy, haha! You bueh-loon. Anyway too early to poas . Lucky good!

Ebichan I laugh when I read "protocol". When I was little, I thought a baby just pops when a man and a woman sleep together. That was my idea of protocol. Alas...now protocol gets so complicated.

We are trying to concieve-ing!

Hahahah protocol indeed!!! When I was very young, I thought baby comes from the stork. When I grew older, I thought easy to make baby - no protection = got baby. Geez. How naive.

Doc Tham is not the hamsome one . Hamsome is doc tseng but we decided on doc Tham. Hahahah. No eye candy I am afraid.

Dragontail - how many more visits are needed?

Quincy - no sample unless you see us at roadshows! We have alot scheduled on hand to visit companies

Littlej - ohh okie thanks for the info ill pass on to her. My friend held her wedding dinner a month ago and now quarrel w hubby til hubby moved out. Hais. Worse thing is, havent rom yet.

Dragontail - aights its alright. unless you need more orders! which industry are you in anw?