Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Oh gosh. Sounds like one of those movies about the future. Imagine a whole spaceship of lab-created babies. Maybe in ...

Oh gosh. Sounds like one of those movies about the future. Imagine a whole spaceship of lab-created babies. Maybe in the future, can create first then humans can decide when to implant the fused eggy... Or or... Humans can decide when to have the baby ie Can give birth, freeze the baby.. And when humans decide ok ready for the baby now.. Defreeze the baby...

I sure wouldn't wanna be around during those times. I dont't even support cloning as it is. Leave creation to man, not science.

Poohy - if you are old, I am ancient. You are below 30 or just early 30s right! =p

Imperial Concubine
    Haha littlej. Im just a little little bits away from 35....so not very young also.

One more "I am old" from anyone here I'm going to spam your PM.

给我一点鼓励好不好? Hehee.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Speaking of bbt, how come my temp no up!? hmmmmmm.. But I do feel warmer

Worthy Lady
    Hello ladies..

Thomson parentcrat trainer Lilian is resigning and its her last class yesterday. I feel like so sad. I asked her should I choose Thomson or glene. She said of course Thomson.. Lol..

My 3rd lesson on labour pain is like a waste of time. Cos she is not well and replacement trainer..
    Yesterday class is quite useful but feel like its quite rush. Never use cotton wool bud to clean baby. She shared so many accidents. Baby suddenly move and cotton wool stick stuck inside baby's ear,nose, and anus and damage baby's internal organs.

And dont't need to clean baby's tounge often. Sometimes can damage area on top.

Wow so many things to learn and I dont't know whether can manage or not.

Last night I have dream that I forget to give milk for baby and also bathe my baby with cold water and remember to use warm water.. I think I too stress can't cope.. Lol..

Worthy Lady
    Eichiban.. Congrats.. I can see the line clearly.

Dragintail.. Jia yio for tonight..

Poohy.. New month, new hope

And lots of baby dusts to you all..

This morning my baby move like tsunami inside.. I feel she very restless.. Will she be like that when outside...

Had prenatal massage and I miss I can do strong massage soon..

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    dragontail has spoken.. no more age talk.. after this post!

poohy - im young n maybe quite slim.. BUT not too fit 3 yrs ago.. we all have problems in different ways I guess... anyway once we all reach 30 mark.. we r all in the same boat right?

I guess not every younger generation will choose the easy way out in having babies.. some may.. not all I hope.. by the way.. fun fact.. after 35 for ivf, you get to tsf 3 embryos instead of just 2 for below 35.. fun fact only...enough talk on ivf... no one here should go for ivf.. I'm the first and the last okie?

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

You girls are all so kind and reassuring.
    I still have to wait few more days so hope no sign of AF
    I dont't want false positive
    this Mustaffa test was done using FMU
    But today's BBT dropped 0.5

so not sure why

i had no idea IVF got wait list one
    So on avg how long must people wait

lol the peanut charm is nice
    but you so cute hang inside a pouch you put in bag somemore

god I'm hungry or rather greedy for pizza now

This is my eggy rose quartz crystal I bought few mths ago. helps with fertility and harmony... wish can preggy soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130824_161913.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	110270  

Thanks thelay!

Littlehammie, did your fertility friend detect your ovulation? If it does then should be no worries.

I will pop by lucky plaza tomorrow. I got a jade bangle from one of the shops run by a Burmese lady years ago. Jade from Myanmar is one of the best. But I wonder if the shop is still around or if she has ching chong peanut charm!

Imperial Concubine
    Hehe ok shall stop saying age. Happilymarried. ...cannot be last one for ivf ..its one of my solution also. Hehe...and pretty excited about twins.

Went to harbourfront shop to find the peanut jade but the sales person dont seem to have recommendations for baby luck jade.so didnt buy any.

poohy - for twins you really need to build up your overall health.. esp egg health n sperm health.. then wont be in a situation like me.. I still miss my twin b very very much.. but.. I have faith in dr wu.. I am sure she can help you conceive since you managed to conceive your daughter!

I dont hope for anyone to go thru ivf if there's help like dr wu from traditional chinese medicine.. however if anyone really has exhausted all means n needs it, I m glad to help.

littlehamster & littlej - if you google jade peanut charm.. google shows our thread!! hahaha.. thanks for sharing your fertility charms! I have decided to look for a twin fertility charm in memory of my little twin b.. will hunt around for one nice one..

Worthy Lady
    Dragontail.. pls careful with the jade. Sometimes they are not good quality. Cos those tourist area they will mark up a lot.

peanut is for what?

Oh ya thelay should have asked you!

Anyway I'm at thomson plaza and saw these little peanut jades. The shop auntie told me she can customise to anything I want. So I ask her to make two peanuts (double lucky!) Into a handphone accessory. Not that I will hang to my handphone .

Dont think they are high quality ones for just $15 (she quoted $18 and I negotiated ).

there was a fellow lady about my age and seemingly no prob like me as well. well at least all the checks say so.
    she ended up in ivf and got her first bfp.
    i am thinking i might have to go through. but i still couldnt accept ivf yet. a little too much for me.
    1 thing i presumed is that it's rather tiring. another thing is need to take leave from work.
    my work is still important to me although i am in a sucky culture.
    Last edited by quincy1986; 24-08-2013 at 08:18 PM.

The double peanuts. I find them super cute !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130824_200953.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	110296  
    tricky and happilymarried like this.

Imperial Concubine

Dragontail
    omg I love it!!!!! Double the luck!!! Double the strength!

quincy, when you say your work is sucky culture sans for mine. At least your boss never say (jokingly) cannot get pregnant

is it true that older women have higher chance of twins
    but usually from assisted reproduction not natural?

Happilymarried
    sorry about twin b . I might have missed our earlier part of the story but is this a case of a disappearing twin?
    Amd I'm really sorry if I say wrongly or misunderstand

Er... actually now I look at the pics they remind me of my bff's 9 month old boy's kkj!

Dragontail: my senior keep asking me to get pregnant. and very loud infront of everyone. =.=
    my senior is a political person...everyone in my team told me that.
    one example that people tell me is that she hoards onto some jobs and dont teach people =.=
    i cant trust what she will do when i am on leave

ebichan, this is what I know from the internet (I only have one close friend who has triplets but she was in 20s when she popped; and she has family history of multiples. And my colleague's wife who just popped twin boys and she is also in 20s. Zero family history of multiples for both sides. And they conceived naturally. So I guess read these with a pinch of salt as I dont have real life friends who are as old as me having twins).

1. African americans have higher chance of twins, compared to asians.
    2. Older woman produces higher FSH (a kind of hormones), which means may make her release more than an egg at one cycle. Therefore while older women are less likely to get pregnant, they're more likely to have twins if they do.

I think I also read before twins are more common in bigger and taller women, compared to smaller ladies. I think this is not very true . Both those ladies I know of are shorter than me and petite (one of them is 39kg pre preggie weight).

dragontail - oh so lovely!! can you tell me the shop name & unit? I also wanna go there n browse.. hubby laughed at me when i told him i wanna get these jade peanut charms which represent fertility.. he laughed at me and said since when i have started to believe in these chinese pendants stuff... when i said i wanted to buy 2! then he shut up when i told him its to remember our first bfp with twins. MEN!! grrr! somehow once bfp he just happy happy forget everything i had gone thru to get here.... do boy babies KKJ look longish rather than round? hehe..

quincy - ignore everything else your colleagues or boss say... i also been thru... boss commented that i looked puffier and i put on weight (that was right before i started my treatments) & i was so disturbed... what a rude thing to say to a female right? Puffy and weight gain... super no EQ at all... so.. try to put only good and happy thoughts in your mind and in your heart! =)

ebichan - no worries, i am ok now, thanks to everyone here. twins usually come with fertility treatments, be it IUI or IVF. For iui if there are 2 correct sized eggies, then there is chance of getting twins! for older women, some cycles, they tend to ovulate with 2 eggs instead of 1... so also there is chance of twins. Mine came with my treatment but 1 embryo developed until week 9 then the heart beat disappeared.. but twins will have more worries, maybe some complications and also higher chance of pre term... so have to take extra care.. no travelling allowed also... plus doc visits are more frequent as well.. anyway, you must share your morning test tomorrow okie? I hope you have a healthy and happy beanie inside you right now!! =)

Dragontail: peanut looks nice.

I got my crystal egg from those crystal shop in Nex

There is one crystal shop at basement of Jurong point, Maybe can try to ask If got peanut ornt
    Last edited by littlehamster; 24-08-2013 at 09:20 PM.

happilymarried, I dont think that shop got a unit number because the layout of thomson plaza is such a way that the middle of first floor has many open concept stalls clustered together. Perhaps you look out for that stall which sells jade. There are two stalls though! I bought from the stall nearer to the main entrance. It's a china lady who runs the stall and she couldnt understand "peanut" so I told her in chinese (I only knew she is from china after she has spoken). Actually the charm she sells is made up of 50 peanuts at least! I said "wah so big so many??!!". Hahah how to put in my bag with 50 peanut jades. Then she said she can customise for me no worries. When I went back to collect it, she was very nice and told me she picked a pretty band and also picked two pretty peanuts for me. Though it's only $15 (I know in chinatown I probably can get them cheaper), she is passionate about her merchandise and that's something I like retailers to be