Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Littlej, there's always 2 sides of a coin. What we see is just a tiny snippet of someone's life. Having ...

Littlej, there's always 2 sides of a coin. What we see is just a tiny snippet of someone's life.

Having a 24/7 helper (eh? Compulsory now that employer has to give Sunday off is it?) really depends on the family's requirement. Having a helper also has its woes (I constantly hear some co workers complain about their helpers and how many dozen times these women have to be replaced). I was never brought up with such helper around. Neither my hubby's side. At this point, I dont see I will ever need one when a baby pops. But I'm saying that because I believe I will get handy help from my mother in law and aunt in law in future. Even my hubby already confidently says we can "dump" our child to my in laws when we want to have overseas trips. Doh. But truthfully, my inlaws will be more than happy to take care of their grandkid when they both retire.

But for a couple who dont have much other help, an intrusion of an extra pair of hands does make a difference, whatever it may be to the couple.

I guess there's no clear good or bad to employing a helper. It is human nature to make full use of our surrounding resources. However when it comes to parenthood, I believe we have to strike a balance that's best for the child.

So, what movie you watched?

Littlehamster, is it because those powder was pre o so your post o temps didnt rise higher? I anyhow guess What did dr wu say about your bbt? Are you seeing her in one or two weeks time?

Quincy, your opk does look quite dark. You mean you didnt get smiley from it today? How about test tomorrow with fmu? (CB and even my Dr says use fmu).

I started to do opk this morning at cd16. No smiley yet.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:820166
    Littlehamster, is it because those powder was pre o so your post o temps didnt rise higher? I anyhow guess What did dr wu say about your bbt? Are you seeing her in one or two weeks time?
    She says bbt is Ok n I have o-ed. See her Next week. Later I eat the post o med n see tomorrow temp will increase more ornt

Quincy: your control line is lighter than test line?

Hello!! Me watched "that girl in pinafore". It's a pretty nice show. Hahaha - 想当年... I laughed and I cried!!! dont't know whether it is the pregnancy hormones or because I could somewhat relate to the story of first loves..!!! Anyway - Something which my man will not appreciate. So pretty glad I caught the movie =)

Trying to find a toilet now. Seriously what is wrong with j8 - all the loos are packed and I so need to pee!!!

Dragontail - what have you bought? =)

Actually I was at shaw orchard and was checking out what to watch at noon. Then I think I just watched Conjuring last week and I really wanna shop so that's why I am couple hundred bucks poorer. Ha!

Bought the new shu uemura lash curler and some MAC makeup. Bought few clothes from uniglo for me and hubby. But my most happy buy is the muji acrylic storage drawers. I have been wanting them for at least 5-6years but always thought they are expensive. But now got 20% off so aiya just buy and be happy. Need to repack my makeup area

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

nataliengbh: my colleague takes 100 plus for her fever too. whichever that works

Dragontail: my opk shows error today. then kan chiong quickly go insert another. still error. wasted 2. zzz...

at food fair. some of the food taste like overnight food. y cold cold one?

littlehamster: yes i think my control line is darker than test line.

guess what? my hubby indulging in ice kachang infront of me. and give me that yaya papaya face. arrrrggghh
    Last edited by quincy1986; 25-08-2013 at 04:58 PM.

littlej: y you go movie alone? can date one of us. (*waves* me! me! me!)

Worthy Lady
    Dragontail.. Can I see the photo of muji acrylic storage drawers. Can put in nail polish?

Thelay, they look like that. For nail polishes, better to keep them upright so these are not suitable. I think muji has other size ones ideal for polishes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130825_171254.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	110337  

I think generally people have stigma about watching movie alone. Haa it's perfectly ok mah. I do that often when I want to watch my kind of movie. It's an enjoyment too.

Worthy Lady
    Thanks dragontail. I will go and see..

Littlej.. I m quite amazed by your stimina.. Still not very tired? These days I have like shooting pain down there. Not sure baby kicking.

Didn't see happysoul for a while.. Wonder hers boy or girl..

Dragontail - did you sign up for the muji card? Hahaha can accumulate points and get discount off next purchase.

I love the muji acrylic cases. I use them to store my costume jewelry. Earrings, rings, brooches etc. and the best part is, they dont't change color over time. I have had mine for like 5 years or more!!! So value for money =)

I love muji. They got nice comfy basic wear and their underwear is very comfy and they last and affordable!

Is the shu umera eyelash curler good? I am using the shiseido one - Wa I think many years also.

So proud of myself today. The only thing I spent on was some vouchers and gifts to thank my coworkers in office for all their hard work and help as we ended the year on a good note. Hahaha movie helps me to spend less! =)

For me - I am ok with eating alone, shopping alone, watching movie alone, go church alone, go gynae alone - aiya already attended parent craft classes alone already =p

Anyway biz trips also alone anyway. As long as I have my kindle / book and phone with me I am good!

Thelay - I feel my stamina is decreasing already. I used to be able to walk the whole day. Now half day I feel like going home.

What kind of pain?? Did you check with your gynae? For me, there are times I have this groin ache feeling but doc said it is the ligaments stretching.

Anyway doc said good to have walks so that birth is easier (if nothing wrong with med condition)... So hahaha shop = walk =p

oops... did I say being alone is not ok? why my care and concern kena shoot again? ( just kidding ya dont mind me wakaka)

in fact I did most of the shopping by myself.
    I seldom go shopping with the girls because I splurge and my girls will try to hold me down and nag me.
    my girls go for the lelong lelong things. I spend more because I mind a lot about quality.
    when I really do shopping with the girls is when I become their likka "bell boy"? the carry bag one
    during office hours I lunch alone sometimes despite enjoy being a team player at work ^^.
    I even kena nag by people in my office to be lunching alone.
    I was wondering why these people dont't nag my GM who always lunch alone?
    my GM is fatherly like ^^
    Last edited by quincy1986; 25-08-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    stuborn n naggy ^^ me the st maria online

Imperial Concubine

quincy HI 5
    I also like solo style. shopping because I cant stand malls so I cannot stroll with others to look see
    I dislike big group lunches and so I usually eat alone or with 1 or 2 other colleagues or people outside the company
    does not mean Im not a team player too LOL
    people think im poor thing maybe haha

Quote Originally Posted by ebichan View Post
    quincy HI 5
    I also like solo style. shopping because I cant stand malls so I cannot stroll with others to look see
    I dislike big group lunches and so I usually eat alone or with 1 or 2 other colleagues or people outside the company
    does not mean Im not a team player too LOL
    people think im poor thing maybe haha
    likez !

dear preggie mommies, you will be very pleased to know, pregnant women actually can attract a lot of attention from our friends
    they actually like to be near you when you are pregnant. that's one of the privileges.
    of course non-pregnant friends will come to ask you things like...how you get pregnant? are you going for C-section? the list goes on...

just sharing. enjoy the attention !

Wahahahah Quincy *hugs* *hugs* *hugs*

quincy, oh no got shoot again? Haaa. Aiyo here no shooting l.a.

I like shopping alone for a start because I dont have patience to wait for others. I find myself more productive when I shop on my own aka no-good-for-wallet. Yikes.

Thelay, like what littlej says, better let gynae know about the discomfort ya. When you say "down there", exactly where is the pain? I hope happysoul is all well.

littlej, muji got discount card? Oh I didnt know. Anyway I only spent $50 there today... unlikely eligible?

I have been using the Shu's lash curler for almost 10years! It was one of the very first gifts my hubby gave to me It's still perfectly good except the gold plating now has worn off. I never needed to replace the padding. That's how durable it is. This new one is different because it can giap portion of your lashes since the plate is smaller. Good for those corner lashes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130825_174837.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	110346

Actually I'm Ok to have lunch alone or big groups, Cos I can no need talk while eating (bad for digestion lol) I dont't like eating 2person ,except for hubby or sis, Cos If no topic to say will feel awkward hehehe

I would like to have the preggy attention soon!

Btw I feel my tummy so big like already preggy...
    ebichan likes this.

mew
    Female Attendant

I've been reading about you gals talking about Dr Wu... Who is she? Is she a fertility doc? Good?

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar

hello ladies!! sunday is coming to an end... i dont like that.. i wish weekends were longer...

ebichan - i hope you rested all day today? remember cannot run around or walk too fast like last time ok? must learn to take things easier now..

dragontail - fruitful shopping day for you! is the new shu eye lash curler much much better than the old version? I got the old version as a gift.. but i've kinda got short lashes.. so sometimes, hard to curl.. the old version will definitely work on my hubby, cuz he has 'to die for' lashes... darn.. those eye lashes should have been on me instead!

littlej - nope have not tried on my loosest 2-piece suit yet... i keep staring at them & they keep staring back at me!! hubby said 7th month dont go swimming.. he says wait another 2 weeks then go... hehe... i didnt know he was so superstitious, but anyway, i dont want to argue with him... also cuz i am kinda down with itchy & uncomfy throat these 1-2 days on off... trying to drink lots of water & lemon water.. & take more fruits... hopefully it doesnt blow up into a full throat infection..

after lunch, i wandered into fox kids today... OMG! tiny clothing are just so cute! couldnt resist getting some baby clothes.. in the end.. topped it up to get membership somemore still... hehe... popped by baby hyperstore at kaki bukit as well.. when we went in.. hubby said the dumbest thing... 'come here see what ?' duh!! we were at the 2nd level overwhelmed by all the strollers and car seats... so many of them... thought the quinny looks pretty nice.. but came back to check online, wah.. quinny's weight not light...

dear ladies!

I just googled about water retention. for ladies who got water retention prob, do you prefer salty food for your meals?
    like fries...soup and even chilli padi in soya sauce. these are all very salty and can create water retention.

1 way to reduce water retention is to drink lots of water ^^

strange but true ^^