Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Rav - congrats!!! Can show how abalone looks like?...

Rav - congrats!!! Can show how abalone looks like?

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

LittleJ, happy to hear!!
    Let us know what you think!!

Quote Originally Posted by littlej:820846
    Rav - congrats!!! Can show how abalone looks like?
    Eh...no you/s printout of abalone . Just saw no dingdong dangling inbetween legs. hurhur. Only got pic of baby chubby cheeks & in boxing stance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130827_142735.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	110481  
    littlehamster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by littlej:820845
    Hello!!!

Ok so based on everyone's kind advice - I am now at Thomson Medical Center waiting to do the hospital tour. If the feel is right, I am going to march into the clinic and sign up for Thomson Medical Center immediately. Then I will call yaya chan and tell them bye bye.

Ok yes I need to ensure I have everything all ready before I bid glen e and yaya chan good bye.

I can't believe I am doing a hospital tour...
    Good. Been to Thomson Medical Center to visit friends & relatives before. Very nice suites. Hope that you like the place & make your choice

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:820834
    Heard from Fri, when you have contraction. Take shower first and doll up itself.. Eat something then you have energy to push. And there is this massage for you to do to minimise episitomy.

http://www.google.com.sg/url?q=http://www.midwife.org/ACNM/files/ccLibraryFiles/Filename/000000000656/Perineal%2520Massage%2520in%2520Pregnancy.pdf&sa=you &ei=kjEcUpuvMML_rQfOoIGACA&ved=0CBQQFjAF&usg=AFQjC NFWO18fg1wWS26sKXDp5D2Q1r2qgA
    Wah...I am so going to try doing the perineal massage. Just read that nuh has an enhanced midwifery package too. Like a personal doula during pregnancy & labour. Hmmm...a steady hand to hold on to & depend on sounds good since dont know how 'useful' hubby will be at that time except to pay...hahaha

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ebichan View Post
    Good Morning girls
    today I feel feverish and throat pain
    Maybe a/c too cold last night
    will have half day go see doctor
    remember to take preggy safe medicine!

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    rav - congrats on the chop stamp confirm! hehe gynae should have given you a pic showing nothing down there.... hehe... but your little girl ball her hands into fists? like all ready to punch.. so cute!

littlej - wahaha finally you doing the hospital tour... share share how it is?

Worthy Lady

Hi,

I have a question to ask and would like to hear opinions.
    Me am 39 and hubby is 40.
    We have two daughters, 1 is 16 from 1st marriage and another is going 5.
    We have an tingling feeling to have another kid but on the other hand feel the odds are against us.
    First my age and I am not in the pink of health type.
    Second we do not have reliable parents or in laws who can help look after. The options for us would be domestic maid or infant care.

Please spare some moments to share your views for me to weigh and think over

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:820864
    rav - congrats on the chop stamp confirm! hehe gynae should have given you a pic showing nothing down there.... hehe... but your little girl ball her hands into fists? like all ready to punch.. so cute!

Keke...yar..been punching me non stop today. My tummy kept changing shapes. Doc also say that I got a very active gal. Tomboy like mummy

Imperial Concubine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	110482

Today i couldn't stand it anymore
    tested
    tomortow is expected day of AF

im so anxious
    And paranoid !!!

Really can trust this ??
    Tomorrow I will do blood test too

but today I'm not feeling well (sorethroat ) and sweating (no fever yet)
    littlehamster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebichan:820892
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	110482

Today i couldn't stand it anymore
    tested
    tomortow is expected day of AF

im so anxious
    And paranoid !!!

Really can trust this ??
    Tomorrow I will do blood test too

but today I'm not feeling well (sorethroat ) and sweating (no fever yet)
    Omigosh!!! Clearblue is very accurate tho I used cheapies. Go c gp and book your gynae appt as well. Gynae shld c you at around 6-7 weeks tho.

Congrats@!!!!!

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar

ebichan - LOL!! i see you couldnt wait... well, since we all have been trying for so darn long - who can wait?! haha.. congrats again!! though i didnt use CD, i know CB is usually super accurate!! Okie now you must breathe ok? first thing is to do blood test to check hcg count & progesterone level. If prog level is normal, you do not need additional pills to support womb, if prog lower, you need the pills for support. usually first scan at week 5 or 5+ is to confirm there is a sac (no ectopic), then another scan after week 6 (or maybe 7) to see the heartbeat flicker on screen! =) so excited for you!!

for your throat, drink a lot a lot of water... its good for you.. try not to take any GP's medication right now as its start of your pregnancy..

Ebichan congrats !! That's wonderful go see your gynae straight away to see if your hcg and prog levels are good. Only stick to paracetamol for painkillers.

Congrats ebichan! Must take good care of yourself and have a smooth pregnancy!

Imperial Concubine

Thanks guys for the early congratulations
    Will wait for blood test confirmation too

I rang my Gynae and the receptionist said we can take blood test tomorrow but scans of any sort will come later at week 5 like Happilymarried mentioned

I guess I cant do much now except continue taking folic acid, avoid dubious raw stuff (wash my salads well ) and wait.

Please let it be a real positive and successful one! Cross Fingers !

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried View Post

RAV, your girl looks very cute you know!!! hehehe and you are so funny, "abalone"

ebichan: congrats!! looks like you hit the jackpot. you went to japan during your fertile days?? maybe is the location and weather? hehe

rav: so far the scans, i can see urs the most clearly!! congrats on team pinky~

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by vivitan View Post
    Hi,

I have a question to ask and would like to hear opinions.
    Me am 39 and hubby is 40.
    We have two daughters, 1 is 16 from 1st marriage and another is going 5.
    We have an tingling feeling to have another kid but on the other hand feel the odds are against us.
    First my age and I am not in the pink of health type.
    Second we do not have reliable parents or in laws who can help look after. The options for us would be domestic maid or infant care.

Please spare some moments to share your views for me to weigh and think over

Thank you
    Hello Vivitan
    I'm not yet a mother and have no kids so I can't offer much from the perspective of a mother with kids.
    But I think that not having reliable parents or inlaws should not be a deterrent from expanding your family if you wish, if you can (both health-wise and financially)

I am only slightly younger than you (36 going 37) . And Im only trying for my first.
    My husband is Japanese and half of my family lives in Japan. I moved to Singapore from Japan (I have SG citizenship because born here ) only 3 years ago.
    So we have no family here pretty much and cannot rely on parents or in laws. But not having had a child, we want to try. We are not put off by the lack of family support.

I think that since you are considering, you probably have accessed your family situation and your possibility of getting pregnant and carrying a child to full term and deliver.

True that (although I dont know) your conditions may not be perfect, but perhaps they are good enough?
    What is your biggest concern?
    quincy1986 likes this.

Imperial Concubine

LittleHamster, LOL, no I BD on Days 9 11 14 16 this month. All in Singapore. haha
    somemore August 9 is very citizenship duty, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ebichan View Post
    LittleHamster, LOL, no I BD on Days 9 11 14 16 this month. All in Singapore. haha
    somemore August 9 is very citizenship duty, right?
    LOL ok! so we now know is made in singapore! hehe
    ebichan and happilymarried like this.

Worthy Lady

Hi,

To some points,you are right that not having reliable support is not a reason not to have kids.
    I am generally healthy, no major ailments, but it's most time with aches due to stress, work schedule etc - nothing to hassle to get pregnant.
    Financially not very rich but still ok...making end meets ;p

My greatest concern is my age...and also the tests involved for a woman when she hits 40.
    My first pregnancy was fine and delivery was smooth, within 6 hours, gave birth naturally.
    But the second one after 12 years (haha) was a nightmare...But it's also due to a lousy gynae.
    I was hospitalised since 32 weeks and stayed in till 34 weeks where I gave birth by cesarean.
    Gynae burst my water bag at 11am and we waited till 4pm, she jabbed me with epidural and I started vomiting and shivering badly.
    And by 8pm, she said water drying up and baby in distress and off I went to the theatre!

Imperial Concubine

Vivitan

Actually I thought that since you have had kids before, subsequent pregnancies at an older age would not be so worrying, since your body has done it, and you have tested it (with the DNA from your husband and you).

Also you identified the gynae was not good so dont let that second experience ruin any other possibilities for you

Usually I find that in Singapore, people are very taboo about older women having kids.
    Of course we know the spike in risks both for women and child but in Japan, and other parts of the world, more ladies are having kids in mid to late 30s
    Besides, as women in our 30s we tend to take better care of ourselves than in our 20s right

There are a lot of weird aunties in my office or people who rain on my parade by saying things like "ayah, so old already wait baby got problem !"
    But they are from a diff generation

Vivitan: welcome you to join us. We have someone Here who is older than you also trying to concieve with us. .Maybe I will let her share her story. Try to destress as much as possible as stress can reduce chances. Your hubby also wants another child like you?

Congrats ebichan!!! Is this the bestest birthday pressie or what!! Ok go do your blood test tomorrow and get the doc's advice. Go go go. Not a moment to waste. And no raw food and no runny eggs I would recommend no salad too - I only had salad from second trimester onwards. No bd, no running, no heavy lifting.

Rav - active one you have there! Hahaha I dont't recall muffin being so active. Now there is a schedule to muffin's activities. Every 3 hours there will be movement.

Hospital tour in my personal opinion - it is a waste of time. Cannot see any rooms - only see delivery room and a suite?!?

Anyway can I just say - doc Benjamin Tham is the nicest bestest doc! So I was in this dilemma after the tour, decided to pop by the clinic and get the doc's advice (who better to ask than the doc right!). And I was surprised that he agreed to see me for 3 min and in fact, he was laughing that I was so disturbed about this decision that I made my way to the hospital and to see him. Hahah.

He was very fair in his evaluation.

On Thomson Medical Center - there is medical safety. If anything happens, he can just walk whereas mt a is at least 20 min drive away. And if anything happens to him - his partners can cover at Thomson Medical Center. If mount a - only 3 docs from that clinic operate at mt a. He also said he is more familiar with the staff at Thomson Medical Center and can easily pull anyone for help if needed. Of course this is assuming baby comes out during office hours.

On mt a - service is better. When I told him my thought that mt a is "blessed" cuz it is a catholic hospital - he said "the temple is where the heart is, not the place". He is a Christian btw.

He also said there are so far no complications with my case so highly unlikely I will need neonatal treatment (neonatal facilities at Thomson Medical Center is not as big as hospitals like Kandang Kerbau Hospital and mt a).

So he said to make a fair judgement and he leaves it to me whilst he is ok to deliver at both. Medical safety or service?

And he assured me of his team of anestheticians and pds.

Oh and when I asked him should I go for premier single or single room. His response was go for 4 bedded - why waste the extra money when the money could be better used for the baby.

So ya I felt so much better after this short chat. And really, I was quite surprised he was willing to slot me in for the quick chat. Maybe he wasn't that busy too which was good.

And I chose Thomson Medical Center. Medical safety for me.

Shucks - going to be late for wbb class. Still munching my dinner. Talk to you gals later!

Congrats ebichan!!!