Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Happilymarried, you will be at Mt E too? NICE! Pls give us reviews and advice. re: water rentention, have you ...

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Happilymarried, you will be at Mt E too? NICE! Pls give us reviews and advice.
    re: water rentention, have you seen those stockings they sell to wear overnight for slimmer leg (actually meaning cope w water retention), do you think they could help you?

Anyway, I will report back tomorrow about my blood test. I hope its ok.

Ebichan - wow your case sounds complicated. You are a Singaporean right? So erm I thought you would need to declare your marriage status even though you got married in Japan? I have no idea. You might need to do more research. Anyway Quincy is right - only married couples are allowed 4 months maternity - unless your company has an alternative policy.

Happilymarried - yes!!! very impt to check when doc goes on leave. Unless you are the sort who dont mind an alternative / replacement when doc is away. Have you checked with your doc?

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:820999
    ebichan - when you deliver you need to bring along the marriage cert to hospital (1 of the things to be packed). Medisave generally no need activation. you will have it if you are citizen (think PR also will have issit? this one i am not so sure).

natalie - is there a min sum (total accounts) before you can start using medisave? i didnt know... let me research on that.. tomorrow cuz today super tired..

I have been drowning myself in water... still feeling my legs expanding sideways due to water retention... how come so fast i got hippo butt & legs..
    From what I read from the website, it doesn't seem to state that you must have a minimum amount in the medisave account before you can use it for medical purposes unless you are using it for investment or you reach age 55 (I think). However, if you are delivering the 5th child and above, there must be a combined medisave amt of 15k before you can use it..

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:821010
    Ebichan - wow your case sounds complicated. You are a Singaporean right? So erm I thought you would need to declare your marriage status even though you got married in Japan? I have no idea. You might need to do more research. Anyway Quincy is right - only married couples are allowed 4 months maternity - unless your company has an alternative policy.

Happilymarried - yes!!! very impt to check when doc goes on leave. Unless you are the sort who dont mind an alternative / replacement when doc is away. Have you checked with your doc?
    Hmmmz. .I must remember to ask when I see my gynae today (Wednesday).

bd this morning but hubby could not sustain.
    in the end he did it outside.
    afterwhich he told me we should do at night =.=
    ebichan likes this.

Imperial Concubine

Quincy: you got your smiley ytd night right?

Dragontail: hey I thought you r always the earliest? How r you already?!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Good morning!

Quincy: morning n night he Ok? Later no energy How. Hehe.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:821010

To qualify for 16 wks of maternity leave, the child must be a Singapore citizen, the child's parents are lawfully married and she has served the company at least 3 mths before the child's birth.

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by littlej View Post

Yeah it makes sense. There is not way the SG govt knows Im married or not if I dont inform them.
    I better inform them. But how, who, maybe ROM...?
    The company knows im married but I did not produce any certificate for them. They also never asked... hmmm

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by nataliengbh View Post
    To qualify for 16 wks of maternity leave, the child must be a Singapore citizen, the child's parents are lawfully married and she has served the company at least 3 mths before the child's birth.
    NICE!!! Thanks Nat!!!
    BTW confirm all children born in SG to at least one SG parent is def SG citizen right?
    Then at age 20 can choose.

Quote Originally Posted by ebichan View Post
    Yeah it makes sense. There is not way the SG govt knows Im married or not if I dont inform them.
    I better inform them. But how, who, maybe ROM...?
    The company knows im married but I did not produce any certificate for them. They also never asked... hmmm
    Registry of Marriages | Home check their website
    ebichan likes this.

Ebichan - I think as long as sg citizen from birth then there is no opportunity to choose.

Think you need to do more research and call up maybe ica to ask. We can only offer suggestions and website references but we ain't the govt (well I am not!) so I would strongly recommend you to do the proper checks with the govt authorities instead.
    ebichan likes this.

Dragontail, how r you doing?

i think that's it for our bd for today.
    bye bye to this month

my hubby got a very energy draining job. many times he come home he sleep earlier than me.
    then he suggested before to bd in the morning because guys have the best performance in the morning.
    end up tyre punctured ~.~

quincy: your hubby do manual labour?

littlehamster: my hubby is actually a supervisor. a lot of things to follow up and a lot of things need his attention.

Harrrrow!

Morning babes. Hee sorry was busy so didn’t update as yet. How’s everyone feeling on this mid week? dont’t worry… weekend will come in a flash J

Yesterday saw Dr Chew. Egg has grown from 14mm to 16.4mm in a day. 2 more dosages of gonal f (this morning and tomorrow). It seems like I’m o-ing later this month. Today CD19 still no smiley (went to buy a new box of CB digital OPK yesterday as I ran out already). Dr did say if I got a smiley today, must see him today. If not, see him on Thur aka tomorrow (wah this week see him 3x!). Based on the progress of the follie, I should O akan datang like by thur/fri right? He said usually must be 17-20mm then it’s good to pop. He said if by Thur I dont’t see a smiley I can throw away those CB. LOLOL. Not exact words he said l.a… he said something about “that means your O doesn’t correlate to the OPK”.

Last night BD and to BD on Thur.

Hubby wanted me to ask him “based on my SA report, must we have sex very very near O or start doing days before O?”. I asked and Dr Chew gave me a very disapproval face and said “No. It doesn’t work like that. Must have sex days before already”. Sorry, hubby, you can’t get away with it.

Wahaha… now “yayachan” is not a person, but a verb? Very useful. I am sure we will see more of this verb used around here.

Celebration time! Littlej has found the “perfect” gynae and hospital. I like how Dr Ben Tham handled this and gave you much assurance. I am sure this gives some good reviews/reference for future mummies. As for the atrocious parking system, honestly, it’s minor if we compared to many other important things. I am sure we all can rise to the occasion for small small matters in life =)

Ebichan, I heard about the age thing on citizenship. I think one has to decide by the age of 10, ie to keep or to let go. If boy, it also means if you let go of Singapore citizenship, no need to go to the NS. This was being discussed during my in law gathering dinner 2 weeks ago. But all uncles aunties not working in ICA. Haa so not sure how true. So give a ring to ICA ok?

Rav, oohh junior Rav is so chubby one! Feel like squeezing her cheeks and tum tum and her fists! Haaa. Welcome to the pink team.

Vivitan, welcome to this thread. I am the oldest woman here someone was talking about. :P Me 41 and hubby 32. I guess many have shared their precious thoughts with you. We have no children. Married for 2yrs+. that-C for a year plus. 2 MCs. Now running for time to pop one baby! Of course my age is certainly not the best ingredient to brew a baby. I believe I am generally quite ok in the health department, but I really cant do much with my internal clock. Of course am worried based on all the statistics about having children at such age. But me and hubby have gone past that and we will just do it (if decided already then try not to worry anymore) and take everything that comes in our stride. There are older women out there who gave birth to healthy babies so that’s our pushing factor. Not as if all older women equate to being inadequate (in healthy baby making).

Do what your heart tells you. Life’s short. Good luck.
    ebichan likes this.

Wa suddenly a huge influx of postings from
    Dragontail!!! Glad you're feeling ok - I was kinda worried after your previous post.

Hahahah yes can pop champagne liaoz. All my indecisiveness.

Talk about yaya chan. So I called up the clinic yesterday and told the nurse and she was still convincing me to come down for one last appt (since i already paid for package) and said Brenda is not bad from what she heard etc. so sigh I am wondering if I should be nice and go down and inform him personally or just call once more and say sorry bye bye. We ended the call on an ambiguous note. Hahaha.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Dragontail - so very good to hear from you! I hope the slow n steady growth of eggie means good quality! dont't stress & dont't think so much...just eat well n rest well... Happy thoughts for happy eggies! Enjoy the familiar doggies on the way to glen e.. heehee..

Is there no public holiday next month? Next one in Oct? Why does sg have so few holidays.....

Quincy - get hubby to take it easy at work today.. must bd tonight okie?

happilymarried: really? tonight? i thought he got no more ammunition already o.0

quincy:: you need to feed your hubby more energy food! if not later other ppl say you no feed your hubby well haha

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Quincy - give him a bottle of chicken essence? Cannot miss smiley ..

really? chic essence? my naughty boy dont like chic essence.

anything else i can give him?