Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by wantonmee:822108 aights ya'll still remember me! work is taking a toll.. taking up additional duties cus a ...

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by wantonmee:822108
    aights ya'll still remember me! work is taking a toll.. taking up additional duties cus a colleague was asked to go ytd and handover also happened ytd. so busy i can hardly sit down for an hour on my seat without someone calling out my name!

yes this morning was my 12week scan together with nuchal translucency scan (first one for down syndrome). gynae said risk is low! mad happy heh. anyway just did a blood test for ease of mind as well. she also said she's placing her bets on a girl this time but no shopping yet cus not 100%. keeping fingers crossed, will really love to have a girl.
    Good to hear the news!!

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Babydust to all!!!

Re: rich relatives... I feel that people who are so called on the lower or middle income are more down to earth and whom i would have better conversations with.
    Obviously I'm not that rich myself not my husband so really feel the class consciousness at some of the work events I go to.
    One of the thing I dislike is assumptions like because I lived overseas (although Singaporean) or live in a certain area or went to International schools people assume like you are rich or spoilt when they dont't understand the situation.
    At some of these parties they dont't bother with me until some questions are asked like the above then suddenly I become worthy to talk to you? (I'm talking about some of these rich people I've come across) that is really off putting to me.

Anyay I really want a simple life for me and my family.
    We would like to live in the countryside oneday.
    Realise I'm not a city person. Lol

Wahahhaha ok ok I think I better dont secretly go. Ya true can see the real McCoy real soon. 4.5 more weeks - oh lil' muffin please bake until 40 weeks ok... This mummy to be is so not prepared...

Worthy Lady

Wow dragontail, covering all d bases this cycle!!!!

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Littlej - 1 Oct is children's day right? Lil muffin might wanna celebrate that day with you in person!

Imperial Concubine

LittleJ so exciting!!!!!!

Dragontail go go go!
    im waiting for more 2 ww girls to join me in BFP!!
    Good luck all !!

Happilymarried - hahaha 1 oct is our time. Now children's day is first Friday of oct or something like that. Just like 1 sept is no longer teacher's day - it is the first dont know what of sept.

Quote Originally Posted by littlej:822208
    Happilymarried - hahaha 1 oct is our time. Now children's day is first Friday of oct or something like that. Just like 1 sept is no longer teacher's day - it is the first dont know what of sept.
    Also 1st fri of the month, i suppose...

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy10:822210
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:822208
    Also 1st fri of the month, i suppose...
    Ya..it is..feel like losing the significance..maybe long weekend is more important?

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:822201
    Wahahhaha ok ok I think I better dont secretly go. Ya true can see the real McCoy real soon. 4.5 more weeks - oh lil' muffin please bake until 40 weeks ok... This mummy to be is so not prepared...
    No one can be really prepared ...only thing is that you have try your best and dont let the baby sense your anxiety. .they can pick up on that. .

If you ask me, I also dont know whether I can handle it..seems so long since my elder girl and all babies are different. .

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Good Sunday morning ladies!

I woke to pee n load up on water... & just wanna say this... I feel very fortunate to have found this thread.. you ladies have made my life so much happier! thanks for listening to my nonsense at times n sharing knowledge with me..

you won't believe my family gathering yesterday... The aunts picked out dates for my c sect!! Also told me I could choose baby snake if I wanted... Erm... Why do some brains work this way?! I dont understand.. my baby is so much more than filling up a slot in the zodiac cycle..

& again they said hope I'm having a girl (no one knows yet besides me & hubs n you ladies!) Cuz boy's clothes are boring...wah! I look at my hubby... He just kept quiet... I'm getting more emo... dont't think I can tolorate much more of these dinners...

Good morning sunny Sunday. And I'm in 2ww finally on cd23.

Feeling better today Happilymarried? There are always weirdo people around. Sometimes all I know is I dont't want to go to their level to understand them. That's when my "super power" comes in handy. Filter out what they say. And I'm quite good at it

Going for my long morning walk next. Have fun everyone!

Happilymarried : some ppl talk without thinking one. Ask them to get pregnant themselves n have a snake baby.

oo...sounds like you must be officially announcing your pregnancy

Happilymarried - dont care them okay! They dont know the shit youve been through on your trying to concieve journey and thus they've absolutely no right to comment on how what when where you're gonna have your precious lil one. angry for you!

Happilymarried: Been thru those nonsense constantly since I was a kid. I also dont't understand why our own relatives got so many issues with us. Maybe coz we cannot snap back at them due to their seniority? Now I just nod my head and 'Okay' at whatever BS they throw at me. Just focus on your baobei & ignore those ppl since family gatherings cannot siam. Next when you popped, they will still ask when is the next one blah blah blah...but if they could go as far as pick on my kid for no reason I dont't think I can 忍 like that. It will get ugly.

Aiyo why the weekend also pass so quickly!!!!?

Wantonmee: Happy for you that everything is great!

Goody morning everyone!

Happilymarried - awww you thought of us whilst peeing? Hee hee - just kidding! Anyway, ignore the family's supposedly good intentions. Like what Dragontail said - such situations are the best occasions to develop the 'art of filter' skills. Also, take it that this is their way of showing concern and excitement - ppl just express it differently =)

Dragontail - dont't walk too much!!! 30min will suffice and slow walk... None of those brisk walking with the funny swinging arms and legs all crossed.

Oh btw - my friend was chatting to me about her fertility journey yesterday. She has pcos and hubby's sperms are slow swimmers. she went to see doc 1 for 9 months and across these 9 months, doc kept insisting she didnt have pcos and gave her med that caused her period to come for 3 weeks - this happened twice. She also took injections (which may not be right for her pcos condition). Eventually doc told them go for ivf - she didnt want. She took a break and went to see doc 2. Doc 2 said she has pcos, gave her other med... Sent her for hsg... Voila she conceived naturally just after!

I realized then how impt docs are, in treating fertility and underlying woman's issues. There are docs who push for ART as the be all and end all... And there are docs who believe in going all natural first before ART. And of course, doc's diagnosis of the situation as well.

Food for thought this sun morning =)

Hahaha - Wa. Ppl - dont get so angry.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:822215
    Good Sunday morning ladies!

I woke to pee n load up on water... & just wanna say this... I feel very fortunate to have found this thread.. you ladies have made my life so much happier! thanks for listening to my nonsense at times n sharing knowledge with me..

you won't believe my family gathering yesterday... The aunts picked out dates for my c sect!! Also told me I could choose baby snake if I wanted... Erm... Why do some brains work this way?! I dont understand.. my baby is so much more than filling up a slot in the zodiac cycle..

& again they said hope I'm having a girl (no one knows yet besides me & hubs n you ladies!) Cuz boy's clothes are boring...wah! I look at my hubby... He just kept quiet... I'm getting more emo... dont't think I can tolorate much more of these dinners...
    Happilymarried - please ignore all thesr brainless ppl ..sorry if I sound rude.. do they know the consequences of having pre-term baby?
    Somemore wanna choose gender. .if they like girls so much . Why dont they give birth themselves. .

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Ear in ear out can . thought older Gen normally prefer boys?

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by rav3naers:822221
    Happilymarried: Been thru those nonsense constantly since I was a kid. I also dont't understand why our own relatives got so many issues with us. Maybe coz we cannot snap back at them due to their seniority? Now I just nod my head and 'Okay' at whatever BS they throw at me. Just focus on your baobei & ignore those ppl since family gatherings cannot siam. Next when you popped, they will still ask when is the next one blah blah blah...but if they could go as far as pick on my kid for no reason I dont't think I can 忍 like that. It will get ugly.

Aiyo why the weekend also pass so quickly!!!!?
    Oh..my aunties do ask me when is the 2nd 1.even my gynae when I go for yearly pap smear. .then I will tell them I have no money..woukd they like to sponsor?

My husband side never ask before. .maybe I look too unapproachable. Haha

Worthy Lady
    Wantonmee... Good to hear your baby is well... Congrats..

Littlej.. you and me opposite.. I want my Nicole to come out early add in 37 weeks. I am quite tired and bored of waiting ald.. I wish to get myself back where I can twist, sleep on side way, on my stomache etc.. And away from feeling stomach tightness all the time..

I know I can't complain much. I m lucky to have her. But sometimes those discomfort seems suffering..

Sorry I am not a good mother... Last time I want her to come out on my bd. 27 step. But she will only be 33 weeks. But I dont't want her to be premature..

I had durian yesterday.. After eating a while, smell seems to go away.. I eat lots of mangosteen back. Hee... What durian is the best? Where should I go? I know geylang have lots.

presenting our ipad generation kids

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	110722

Here dark cloud already. Shall do my walk in evening. Ok littlej, I will take easy walk

Thelay, me love mangosteen to the bits! But you dont't take now ok. Very liang. I love durians best at upp serangoon. Dont know exact location name but I know it's by a budget hotel and under a bridge. Haaa dont know this description has much help or not. 6 pax we ate $120. Quite fair for that quality. Shiok until dont know how lol. We had 猫山王 plus mixture of others.