Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Thelay Where to buy durians in Singapore | Hawker - HungryGoWhere atas one: Durian Mpire - Boon Lay - Singapore ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Now season ending may have higher prices. We had red prawn durian, quite nice hehe. Heard the geylang price is $12 per kg now

Red prawn? Wow never heard before. What's the signature taste of this type of durian?

Imperial Concubine

Happilymarried, we are also glad you are here!!
    Do you have to go to these relatives gathering?
    They sound annoying as hell.

Maybe you and husband can ignore and go less to such gatherings.

Luckily here I dont't have much of these to deal with
    but peer pressure is big. Company peer pressure,
    wives of my husband's group peer pressure also have... T^T

Natalie: if I say I no $$$, my side will say "Go earn more , change to a better job , ask your hubby give ". They are well to do & have elitist thinking. So end up it will still be my fault for being 'poor'. Let it be . I got better things to care about, people who are worth my time & effort.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Hehe.. I went back to sleep after morning pee n drinking water.. n had a nightmare! Dreamt all hubby's relatives bullied me.. hope my son can protect mummy next time..

Thanks for all your comfort... I will try to be ZEN! Difficult art to master but I will get there!! . Actually I dont't plan on telling them at all until 20 weeks... but they already guessed when I was at 2 months.. such eagle-eyed and sharp aunties... Quite scary at times... Like they see right thru you...(littlej, luckily you dont't have these nonsense on your in laws side!)

Littlehammie - that auntie is super rich.. & she got only 1 son.. so that's y..

Dragontail - as for the walk during 2ww.. take it nice n slow.. no rushing type ok.. n also less bouncy walk..

Thelay - mangosteen can't eat so many I think... Just a bit then must stop.. Impt thing after eating durian is to drink a lot a lot of water..

Rav - yes hubby say must have respect for them.. so just 1 ear in 1 ear out... But next time with my baby growing up & understanding the situation.. I think I will have to explain to him how things with relatives work... It's part of life.. sigh..

Red prawn quite creamy and strong smell. Not bitter. I not really expert also haha just eat only

Littlehamster oh I love bitter ones. I like all bitter stuff in general. That's why give me most potent herbal medicine I also can take it. Hee. Sounds like red prawn also super delicious! But I dislike anything by product of durians. Like those from malaysia 榴莲糕 (yiew), durian ice cream (yeeee), durian puff (yikes), etc. Still like them in original form.

Once a while indulgence is ok. It's very high in sugar and carbo and very heaty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:822245
    Littlehamster oh I love bitter ones. I like all bitter stuff in general. That's why give me most potent herbal medicine I also can take it. Hee. Sounds like red prawn also super delicious! But I dislike anything by product of durians. Like those from malaysia 榴莲糕 (yiew), durian ice cream (yeeee), durian puff (yikes), etc. Still like them in original form.

Once a while indulgence is ok. It's very high in sugar and carbo and very heaty.
    I also like bitter durians, just had some as dessert after dinner, my mum says she bought it for her grandkid, uh not for me , im her only daughter .... hehehehe

My hubby side all like sweet ones, which i hate it.... they like to buy and will open to eat at home, but always paiseh to say they want sweet ones when buying, so i will always be the only one eating all the bitter ones hahaha

Hehe. My parents love the bitter ones too . So when my dad buy durians, us children will eat the sweet ones my parents will take the bitter ones If have

dragontail you stay near upp srg? Heh I get my durians from there too! 2 weeks ago bought 3 mao shan wang for $100. About $15 per kg. Eat until shiok and thats for lunch! Not all by myself ofcus. Heh.

Oooo! I dont't like durians. I used to. When I was 10 years old, I overdosed on durians once so couldn't have any after more after that. But I am thinking of having it once or twice now. I heard it helps to build baby's muscle strength - like babies whose mums consume durians could sit up earlier / neck lift earlier - my old man is afraid I will puke... But I told him for the sake of muffin, I will 忍! so 伟大 ...

Doc didnt encourage to have durians though. He said muffin is at the right size - too big difficult to deliver.

Hahaha - happilymarried - I get such comments from my side of the family. But like Dragontail - I have mastered the art of nodding and going "uh uh" but not hearing anything. And well, I guess I took it from the angle they meant well and this is their way of expressing concern - rightfully or wrongfully. It's all part of having an extended family and well, Chinese family right!

Btw - so you will be having a horsey baby? Is your edd before or after cny? Me is a horsey - other than my indecisiveness, I am loyal, friendly, hardworking and quite a go getter. And i am also dragontail's first horsey friend. hahaha. Not bad being a horse right.

Just finished my Mac Donald's breakfast. *burp* going for mani and pedi soon!

=p

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by rav3naers:822240
    Natalie: if I say I no $$$, my side will say "Go earn more , change to a better job , ask your hubby give ". They are well to do & have elitist thinking. So end up it will still be my fault for being 'poor'. Let it be . I got better things to care about, people who are worth my time & effort.
    Is it? Maybe I look so unapproachable and fierce that once I say that..they all shut up..zipped...ahahha..

Wantonmee, me will go places for durians. Haa. Me live at Bishan area. Ya that stall's durians are one of the best by far. I think my last durian indulgence was 3weeks ago. Just a little. Enough to curb my desire

Littlej, my mom and mother in law also told me eat a bit of durian is good during pregnancy. Hmmm but since muffin is brewing big time inside, maybe you just eat 2-3 seeds max can already. Provided you are now ok with the taste! I have a friend who got big diarrhea when she was little from durian so now she sees durians she scared.

Hee yesss you're my first horsey friend here! Hope I can chase for one horsey baby too =) eh? But baby born next year is sheep is it?

Enjoy your pampered day!

Worthy Lady

Oh dragontail, that's why we go for durians too!!!! Park by d roadside and pick up 3, head home and eat! Hahahaha.

Ok, it's cd15 for me. Have stopped bbt, but still loads of examining of liners for CM. so far, no ewcm which is quite expected as that usually comes around cd18-20 for me. As usual, opk will start when I have watery CM. wish me luck and grabbing loads of baby dust!

Imperial Concubine

Shez
    ooh!! Soon watery CM and O!! Go go go! Wishing you strike jackpot this cycle!

Imperial Concubine

Btw if we are not allowed coffee during early pregnancy can I just have coffee milk or -caffeinated coffee?
    Really having cravings

Shez, wow that stall so famous with the ladies here! I think I need to get my durian fix next week with all these slurpy talks.

Shez jiayou jiayou. I'm here waiting for you to join me in my 2ww.

Shez- are you opk-ing? you can start soon.

Ebichan - some docs say ok to one cup of coffee / tea a day. Some say no. Some also say decaf ok. Doc chew said no. Doc chan said one cup. For me - I cut tea completely during first to mid second trime (I am not a coffee drinker). Only later second trime then had the occasional teh o bing. For me - I feel better to cut completely. After all when you are breast feeding / confinement - shouldn't have caffeine also right... So might as well start training now =)
    ebichan likes this.

Ebichan, I'm not a coffee drinker so I asked Dr if I can drink tea. His reply was "tea not much caffeine dont worry about it". So I'm not sure if I asked about coffee he will say no to me.

I think moderation does no harm. Am sure some preggers also drink coffee and all is ok. I still believe in moderation . Dont like drink everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by ebichan:822261
    Btw if we are not allowed coffee during early pregnancy can I just have coffee milk or -caffeinated coffee?
    Really having cravings
    I only restart my coffee drinking after 1st tri coz buay tahan. Super moody & crappy in the mornings without caffeine. Gynae say a cup a day is fine. No coffee or tea for some ladies who r anemic, lack iron or low blood pressure when preggy as it depletes iron in the body. I have my daily cuppa in the morning. Limit my bubble tea craving to max once a week. Basically my diet goes by motto of moderation. If I take something not healthy today, I will eat healthy tomorrow. dont't like to limit myself till I feel pek chek if you know what I mean. Maybe to others I am not discipline enough for baby. :x

Worthy Lady

Ladies, went to toilet after my post, and there's a bit of watery CM. so yes that means opk will start tonight. we have started bd yesterday and d plan is once every 3 days till smiley then will be every 2 days till 3 times later. So that means bd on day of smiley and then another 2 more times every 2 days. That should cover it right?

Worthy Lady

Ebichan, yaya chan told me trying to concieve and pregnant coffee should be ok but stay off milk. Lol. I guess the key is everything in moderation.

Just to share, my sis did her trigger shot at 8pm last night. Monday she will konk out for egg retrieval for her ivf. Good size ones 6-8eggs. Hopefully these can be fertilised nicely and frozen. Kinda excited we are having 2ww quite closely.
    ebichan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:822272
    Ebichan, I'm not a coffee drinker so I asked Dr if I can drink tea. His reply was "tea not much caffeine dont worry about it". So I'm not sure if I asked about coffee he will say no to me.

I think moderation does no harm. Am sure some preggers also drink coffee and all is ok. I still believe in moderation . Dont like drink everyday.
    Tea dont't drink too much during trying to concieve coz its liang for the womb .