Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Wow so much for durians. I just ate ytd too! I buy from dempsy hill, there got a durian stall. ...

Imperial Concubine
    Wow so much for durians. I just ate ytd too! I buy from dempsy hill, there got a durian stall.

Here is my photo!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130831_102420-1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	110732  

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

actually commonly people will think decaf is ok. but decaf is just as bad.
    come to think of it, coffee beans are chemically treated for it to be decaf.
    i am such a wet blanket muahaha.
    but just let you know i used to work for coffee factory as purchaser

gnissim, your bump is so cutie one! Still very a demure bump

Rav, yes my mother in law also doesnt quite approve I drink tea. Liang. Hee to me, I have been avoiding tea for so many months but no bfp. Not that I will start to smoke or party till 3am... I just think now I'll go a little easier moving on. Like my same motto as you, moderation.

Shez, so you mean if you have smiley today, you will BD today and Tue and Thur? Sounds good! However, I'm thinking maybe BD on Wed instead of Thur?

Ok this cycle I am a bit blur (Ok since I'm paying Dr Chew so I entrust him on the BD dates). I had a smiley on CD20. By right, I should BD on that night right? But he said to BD on CD21/22/24. My last BD before all these was CD18. But maybe because I am on trigger shot so that supersedes everything else, like the smiley.

I would say this round our BD program (Ha!) is different. Me and hubby usually just clear a 3-week old army (since last ovulation) and then we wait on for fertile phase to catch eggs. This cycle, we sort of diligently BD based on given dates. So we had sex on CD8/12/15/18. Not just clear army one time only. Hopefully this means the army will be more conditioned for catching eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by gnissim23:822282
    Wow so much for durians. I just ate ytd too! I buy from dempsy hill, there got a durian stall.

Here is my photo!

Hee...cute bump bump...I rem the awkward phase where the bump look like I had a very hearty buffet...keke...looks like many mummies here are slim .

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Dragontail: will you get 2days Smiley ? My opk positive for 2days, end up o 2days Later

Gni: nice bump. Here many slim ladies Haha. I see my tummy already big n not preggy

Imperial Concubine

LOL Littlehamster

Gnissim cute bump pic!!!
    I like it that we are sharing bump pics and motivating everyone here

Hmm thanks everyone
    yes I think I will stop most things during this early phase of pregnancy. including raw breakfasts (I love green smoothies) and coffee

Im around 4 weeks I think. Apart from my painful (feels like rocks on my chest) boobs, I feel really good and not tired.
    Is there anything I should be expecting in the next couple of weeks ?

Oh and today I dropped by the central library to look up a reference for work,
    In the general lending sections there are some books on fertility
    Pregnancy related books dont seem to be there, mostly in the neighbourhood branches

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	写真(21).jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	110733Click image for larger version. 

Name:	写真(20).jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	110734

I recently put on weight so if I dont suck in my tummy, I also look preg. Oops.

littlehammie, once I get a positive, I stop opk. When did your temp get a hike after a smiley this cycle? For me, CD20 got a smiley and CD23 my temp raised.

was at tpy shuang lin temple. hubby never ask how to pray to zhu sheng niang niang.
    we both just pray to all the deities there =.=
    i ask the staff for red eggs...apparently eating the red eggs is not a compulsory thing
    the staff just made me think it's just a speculation on the internet

Worthy Lady

Hey dragontail, that does sound like a good plan too, those dates. For us, we have not't really bd prior after my AF coz my work has been bz with after hours dinner. But hubby been DIY-ing to clear his armies diligently. Yaya chan did say even if non fertile period he should clear his army every 3-4 days so we have been doing that in our way. Hahahaha

Dragontail, i know which durian stall you're referring to, th one next to a prata place, near fragrance hotel. his durians are good and always sell out very fast !

Ebichan, I bought the contented pregnancy book by Gina Ford, recomended by my EDD facebook group. seems like a good book.

happilymarried, your post about your family get together made me angry for you !! I really can't stand when relatives become so kaypoh and insensitive ! I'm a bit harsh and I always tell them off. then no one dares tell me anything now..snake or horse, boy or girl is just fine. the health of the baby is all that matters.

today I feel so blehh, went to crane street prata this morning. the prata was fantastic but got caught in nausea and feel bad ever since...and have to go meet friends soon for BBQ. the girlfriends are preparing sangria for us but Im bringing my juice. I think I might have to let the news out as they'll wonder why in turning the sangria down

Whahhaa I sound so military like whereas the rest of you believe in moderation. Oops =p but hahaha that's me - if I decide to do something, I'd just go all way out to do it. Very extreme.

Gnissim - still so slim!! Nice nice!

Dragontail - wow many bd this cycle! And goody you captured doc's dates. Well - erm if doc says so then follow .

Shez - sounds about right. Similar to what doc chew gave me. But he gave Dragontail a different diagnosis as in bd the day after though. So erm... Guess up to your judgement. Oh you will wait till cm then test ... Me will refer to the date on cb website.

Shez, hahha I am sure your way counts too! My man doesnt diy nor does he like me to diy on him. So it has always been a together-thing. No play cheat

Tricky, ya that's the one! Yum yum. Oh sangria also yum yum! But I can only sip a bit as I totally dont react well with alcohol. Oohhh so tonight is reveal night? They must be overjoyed for you!

Imperial Concubine

Tricky.. ooh today is the day of announcement? YAY!!

I will check out the book you recommended. But maybe wait till after my doctor's appt this Saturday.

Imperial Concubine

Thanks ladies! I think my bump small small too. But my friend who dont know im preg saw my ytd can see that im preg. Haha.

Quincy: eh you go pray zhu shang niang niang? There got a auntie will teach you . The auntie is alqays seating at the place where the tiger god is. Did you manage to get red eggs? There is actually a set of praying papers for zhu sheng niang niang. then you n hubby together pray. Tell name blah blah blah. If got eggs there each grab 2 n eat otw home. (While walk out temple or smth). I did pray too. So I will return when my baby turn full month.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Wah! Durian talk!! Mine r from simei.. very near the mrt.. in fact those staying in east side.. when mrt doors open at simei.. can smell durian smell!! Ours few weeks back was $200 for 6 pax (王中王 type.. seller said better than 貓山王 dont know how true..) but with left overs for the next week.. heh.. it was bitter n slightly wet think because mid season.. would be dryer if we bought start of season.. anyway durians high sugar.. must be cautious to eat little bit at once!

Littlej - you r a horsey? That's nice!! you r my first horsey friend! My other horsey friends r guys.. & yes my baby's edd is within first few days of cny... M I having first horsey baby here? Gnissim & missy10 are due before 30 Jan ?

Macs breakfast sounds perfect on Sundays..

Gnissim - wow!! you r skinny & your bump looks very nice! Bet you can still wear all your pre pregnancy clothes?

Shez - royal jelly helps with cm... R you taking some? Cover base with 3-4 times bd sounds good!!

Tricky.... Sangria is nice!! I used to drink so much of it while in Aussie... Hehe... But it's a small sacrifice ... If you dont't want to announce so early.. you can say you popped panadol for headache earlier n can't drink tonight... But I told my close friends before I told in laws..can't control myself... hehe...

Tricky - yup.. feel like telling those relatives off... But afraid I will be on a roll n then can't stop myself... Haha... I guess I will monitor n see how bad it gets first...

2ww ladies... dont't worry about putting on some cushioning.. cuz once bfp your appetite may change (may drop?) Or if you have nausea it's hard to eat.. padding is good for babies!

Imperial Concubine

Happilymarried: I cant fit my pants already. Lol. Pull halfway only. Can only wear some tshirts n some dress that r actually abit looser for me pre preg. But I guess soon cant wear anymore. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Just to share, my sis did her trigger shot at 8pm last night. Monday she will konk out for egg retrieval for her ivf. Good size ones 6-8eggs. Hopefully these can be fertilised nicely and frozen. Kinda excited we are having 2ww quite closely.

thats nice!! i hope all are quality n all get fertilised! is your sis opting for icsi or just normal fertilisation?

Happilymarried, I'm not bothered by the weight gain I guess. I feel healthy that's more important. My first bfp I did lose weight (weighed even lighter than pre-preg)...gosh those nausea feeling really kept those food away.

Oh what's the difference between the two (ivf) may I know?

Dragontail - icsi is using super fine needle to carry a sperm to shoot into the egg to fertilize it... techy name is Intracytoplasmic sperm injection... Haha super long ? This was what I opted for... $100-200 more I think....

Normal ivf fert is using a dish n letting washed sperms swim around the egg n eventually 1 sperm will enter (strongest swimmer wins).

Some choose the 2nd way cuz not too much scientific intervention. you must be thinking... Ivf already is intervention right? But some due to religious beliefs (nurses told me) they dont't want icsi cuz too overboard...
    Last edited by happilymarried; 01-09-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:822319
    I recently put on weight so if I dont suck in my tummy, I also look preg. Oops.

littlehammie, once I get a positive, I stop opk. When did your temp get a hike after a smiley this cycle? For me, CD20 got a smiley and CD23 my temp raised.
    Positive on cd18&19, temp hike on cd20

Oh n I never did ask the nurse what happens if in a dish.. none of hubby's sperm fert my egg.. then how? Hmm y didn't I... It would have been interesting to know... Hehe.

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried View Post
    Tricky - yup.. feel like telling those relatives off... But afraid I will be on a roll n then can't stop myself... Haha... I guess I will monitor n see how bad it gets first...

2ww ladies... dont't worry about putting on some cushioning.. cuz once bfp your appetite may change (may drop?) Or if you have nausea it's hard to eat.. padding is good for babies!
    But I dont't have any appetite changes.
    Maybe early days?

gnissim23: my hubby . dont know why he didnt ask to pray for babies. he ask for general prayers. i keep asking him why he just tell me every prayer is the same. i dont know what happen to my hubby today. i usually get him to do the asking cuz he looks more sociable than me. sigh...