Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Oh.. So no turtle wax... Darn. What can I get... Hahahah - should write in to the company. Maybe it ...

Oh.. So no turtle wax... Darn. What can I get... Hahahah - should write in to the company. Maybe it is the r&d dept.

eh I dont know . My mum always tell me no coffee, no tea, no dark soy sauce... More milk and fish. Personally I dont't take coffee so that's ok with me. When i was trying to concieve-ing, i cut off tea completely so no more teh o. so when i had bfp, it wasnt that bad - i could do without my teh o... Until late second trime - then occasional one cup =p but I wouldn't go back to drinking daily cuz I think confinement also cannot take caffeine right?!?

Poohy, ohhh no chance to meet mr Poohy as mine is near the sea! Hehe.

I love milk and diary products. But from some reading, actually diary puts a lot of toll on the body. Body doesnt really digest diary very well. Aiya internet has a lot of things to say. I eat and dont feel funny can already.

Ebichan - I dont't like milk too. I only drink cuz I heard it helps with calcium and osteoporosis. Now that you have bfp, you might wanna drink milk?!? Although some docs like yaya chan feel no need.

Anyway, I only drink Meiji skimmed milk or HL. I can't take any other brands cuz there is a funny taste. And I tried drinking this milk for mothers - Wa, cannot take it too.

Anyway - just a personal advice . Once you are preggers and become a mother, you need to tailor your life and habits for the little one!

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

LittleJ
    You are right. I need to make habits for the little ones.
    Good point!

I guess maybe I can quickly force myself to drink one glass a day. ugh.
    BTW what brand of milk you girls can recommend
    Least funny taste and not the UHT long life type

Hahaha ebichan - that is just my opinion .

For me - I find Meiji skimmed milk is the best so far. No funny taste. I usually gulp down one glass every morning and have another glass of water at the side.

Same like you - I dont't like milk.

Yupp i saw gynae today cus today became bright red discharge. Bleeding abit cus of low placenta. . Gotta rest more now! She offered mc but too busy at work to even take it. Been carrying heavy stuff lately so guess ill need to refrain!

Thanks all for the concern.

Imperial Concubine

Wantonmee, glad you saw and now its being monitored.
    Please take care please please!

Wantonmee, time to do eye-power. Heavy cartons of 月饼 dont go and be wonderwoman. Just tell teammates to help!! Oh if they have not't been told about your bfp, just say you had a little sprain at your back or something. Siam these labour work for now ok. Guai guai and rest more.

heheh oh dragontail how you know its 月饼 ive been carrying! well yea it is. well. majority of ny company staff knows but nobody else to do the job except me and a colleague!

mew
    Female Attendant

take care wantonmee...

Wantonmee, please rest well and dont't exert yourself ! How many weeks are you ?

Ebichan, that's good news that the beanie is in good location, just take it easy from now on.

I had to go to the O &G clinic at Kandang Kerbau Hospital this morning because my cold was getting out of hand, didnt sleep well last night and am too afraid to get a fever. I'm now on antibiotics.
    i love milk and dairy and always have so I'm hoping my body can digest it well. And it's actually one of the very few things right now that I can think of without having the nauseous feeling. Meiji milk is sure delicious, i find the full fat meiji taste like ice cream hehehe.

Happy Saturday evening ladies !

Imperial Concubine

Girls
    The progesterone (Utrogestan 100Mg) is making me light-headed akin to how sleeping pills make me feel. Has anyone experienced this?

Ebichan yes utrogestan is infamous for that. I am on it now too. I get dizzy spell and super tired. It's almost like a sleeping pill on me. Can you imagine last nite was super rain and I didnt wake up at all to shut the windows? It was my hubby who got up (miracle). I totally knocked out.

If you think you cant withstand it, talk to your gynae. This medicine can be inserted through the vaginal and it supposedly has less side effects. But do check with your dr first. I read that one is not supposed to stop the pills once you start it (till end of course), unless instructed by the dr.

tricky, im 13 weeks now..

feeling crampy at the tummy area since evening. no idea if its due to low placenta or something. swear I didnt exert or carry anything today!

Quote Originally Posted by wantonmee:824339
    tricky, im 13 weeks now..

feeling crampy at the tummy area since evening. no idea if its due to low placenta or something. swear I didnt exert or carry anything today!
    Please get to sit or lie down on bed as much as possible.... even you need to carry things, slow.... walk or bend slowly.....

Hello!!

How was the wedding dinners?

Wanton mee - oh gosh. I think you should take the mc. Work is secondary. Your baby is way more impt. For me - I would just take the mc and rest. Sure yes I know work will pile / colleagues not happy etc but the way I see it - I am replaceable in the office (they can always find another me) but the little one growing inside me is irreplaceable and is something which money can't buy. So ya - if not feeling well - honestly screw work!!! But of course if you are feeling all good - then go back to work ... Get well soon!!! Oh - btw, low lying placenta cannot squat too, and best is hordes of bed rest. Not to scare you - but my colleague was diagnosed with low lying placenta early part of pregnancy and had bleeding too. she had to go on complete hospital rest sometime around 5th month... And baby born premature at 7th month. She didnt heed doc's advice and still went on overseas biz trips after her first trimester so well... Doc's advice very impt ok. *hugs*

superpower me just finished emails and power points. Oh well. Since I concussed last night and feeling super fresh today so made it up with today. Going to knock out soon...

Ebichan - if I am not wrong - happilymarried also had the vaginal inserts???

Tricky - hahah I never tasted full cream milk by Meiji or any other brands. I have always gone for skimmed milk cuz least fattening! Btw skimmed milk is even less fattening than low fat milk - read the ingredients / breakdown on the box =p get well soon!!!

Nitey nite folks...

Good morning!

Wedding food was nice. Haha. Me and my friend were discussing how long this wedding tradition will last. Honestly all these planning and gatecrashing and groom being fed beersss etc are so stressful and perhaps outdated. (Well mine was similar too...except we injected a little bit of surprise element). Even as a guest, im really getting bored with the same old thing at weddings. (Guests wait one hour. Videos of couples baby days and courtship days. First march-in. Bride got changed and 2nd march-in. Pop champagne. Yumseng. Couples go around table by table. Groom "has to" drink when offered. This I cannot understand. Etc). When we finished the dessert, It was 1050pm. I'm sure my next generation I won't insist such customary wedding, as parent. Something small and easy and short is all's needed.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Morn babes!

Wah as usual little j last to post n Dragontail first to post! =p

I woke super blocked nose n now my head is so very propped I m lying on my back. Hmm...

Wontonmee, baby needs you to rest now ya? Must at least bedrest first to stop the bleeding... Cannot carry heavy stuff, cannot squat, cannot climb stairs as much as possible too okie? Hope spotting stops completely soon!

Ebichan, yes I feel high n dizzy from taking utrogestan.. but it's very good in stabilising the womb.. first 12 weeks I had to insert 6 pills a day into vagina.. cuz nurse said that's the best absorption.. but I only insert 4 n took the other 2 with water.... When taking utrogestan, try to rest as much as possible.. when i needed to be clear headed that afternoon, I take 3 in morn n 3 at night.. so see what is best for yourself. no driving or operating any machinery of course!

Tricky, I drink either magnolia hl or meiji low fat.. powdered milk my doc say do not take... Didn't ask y... But she says we get calcium in other forms like ikan bilis, yohgurt, cheese.. so eat a variety.. dont't know drink milk! ebichan too!

Dragontail, I broke tradition .. I took my Rom overseas! Just me n hubby n a memorable honey moon! No money to have wedding dinner cuz buy house n car with hubs... Hmm.. actually I insisted no wedding dinner cuz I dont't like this tradition at all... Meaningless to me.... Our old folks let us decide what we wanted... Cuz all the 10 course dinner & yum sengs cannot guatantee a happy n long lasting marriage also.....

Littlej, countdown countdown!!!

Tricky get well soon!! Lots of warm water n rest!!

Wantonmee : I had reddish brown discharge during my 1st tri and early 2nd tri due to low placenta. Now that my placenta have moved up, no more already. Have to be discipline and avoid squatting too much and carrying heavy things. I always rushed to the gynae whenever I see reddish brown discharge. If the blood is from the low placenta dont't worry too much. your doc Shld prescribe you some progesterone to stop the bleeding. Rest well!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Good morning! Lazy weather nice to sleep But I drag hubby good see Dr Wu. we are early But long queue ...

hubby SA test tomorrow Morning as sat appointment all full. He say he need to go the clinic to register then go to ubi to submit the sample. I think the lab is at ubi and test results can get around 10days, when ready will call him. dont know why so long
    Last edited by littlehamster; 08-09-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Littlehammie, I love your perseverance!! you will definitely succeed soon! Such a cold morn.. so keep warm all the way for trying to concieve... Hubby's sa 10 days seems quite long.. but anyway, it's ok.. just wait for it.. good that today he is there with you..

Happilymarried, for me and many friends, actually we wanted to get away with such customary if we had a choice. Had to do to please parents and relatives. I find this super boliao . But my hubby is the only son, cant escape. My parents, though older then my inlaws, are cool without one. I'm very envious you could do without it!!! Told hubby then that since you (he also wanted the customary. He is quite a traditional person) want the wedding that way, you go plan the way you like it. I will just show up. Lol.

Ebichan, do you get a little queasy from utrogestan? I wake up getting it.

10 days sounds long... I think mine was less than a week? Perhaps 10 days is just a buffer.

Littlehamster, so your man will get the sample at home or at the clinic?

Dr Wu will only need to see the man once. So unfair !