Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; hi welcome joyfulsadness....At least your hubby's quantity is good! Did the doc/gynae gave him any vitamins to improve the quality?...

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

hi welcome joyfulsadness....At least your hubby's quantity is good! Did the doc/gynae gave him any vitamins to improve the quality?

Hihi poohy, gynae want him to take Tribestan. Jan 2014 then go for another semen test. In fact my hubby already done a semen test baxk in March this year. Result is the same as now. After that he started to take supplements from those of the shelf type... sigh.. took so many months also no improvement. tomorrow we going to see Dr Su to tiao our body. My plan now is to do it concurrently. Take that supplement + see traditional chinese medicine.. very kiasu ; (

Imperial Concubine
    Little hamster...dr wu is on leave until 21st!

Imperial Concubine
    Joyful...since you going see dr su then let her provide the treatment. Jia you..we all jia you together

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poohy:825899
    Little hamster...dr wu is on leave until 21st!
    Yup. Took 2weeks med last sun. She off for moonscape festival. Lol. Was telling hubby, She like so free everytime any event also can get off lol

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:825833
    Natalie.. how is the feeding schedule like? So basically first month no sleep at all?

All babies are different. .my elder girl would usually feed every 1.5 to 2 hours during the first ..and whenever she feed, she would poo (sometimes even overflow as it is watery)..so by the time I finish feeding her and cleaning her butt (she will be sleeping soundly during the cleaning time), I would sleep for like 0.5 to 1 hr then the whole SOP would restart again..

Imperial Concubine
    Ohhh! I also took 2 weeks med but my med ending this week! Then the other traditional chinese medicine doc dont know what to prescribe...ask me wait for dr wu come back...

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:825780
    Natalie the mama speaks!!! Ya I suppose best to exclusively breast feed latching for first month. After that wbb recommended bottle feed should ask daddy to do it. So baby see daddy = bottle. See mummy = nipple.
    Yes yes..if you wanna bottle feed, mother cannot be the one ..cos the baby always seems to know who is holding him/her. .maybe their nose and ear very sensitive. . I would ask my husband or mum to feed her if using bottle
    .when I hold my girl, she would automatically search for my breast and reject the bottle.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poohy:825909
    Ohhh! I also took 2 weeks med but my med ending this week! Then the other traditional chinese medicine doc dont know what to prescribe...ask me wait for dr wu come back...
    Better to Wait for Dr Wu hmmm. you normally always take 2weeks Med from her?

Imperial Concubine
    Ya nornally I take 2 weeks esp if I know I cant make it for following Saturday. No need keep queueing haha. But well means im not taking any for next whole week.

Tomorrow is my last jab! Just like last cycle, I was/am a bit reluctant to go because I had the same af cramping. But I paid already so go

I'm finally very tired of trying to concieve. I kinda know my body well and the vibe now is I dont need to poas afterall as I know my af is gonna show. I guess this is called the worst I am prepared for.

Would take a break after this. Fly to my sis at 云南 next month. Probably hug her and tell her why I need to see her.

Sorry gals...I can't make myself chirpy today. May god bless us all.

Dragontail - here is a big big gigantic enormous *hugs* for ya. If the red witch appears then go go take a break and enjoy the scenery and wonders and fresh air of yunnan. Who knows - you might come back refreshed and energetic and raring. And perhaps super horny cuz you wouldn't have seen your hubby for a while =)

Hmm - maybe you should also let the doc know you wanna take a break already... Perhaps he can give you something to fortify - like vitamins - at least not jabs.

Will you still talk to us when you go to yunan? This thread has somewhat evolved to a daily chat... Will miss you a lot if you MIA =(

Poohy - I used to see dr wu weekly. I find that weekly is better so that she can tiao for each time. But ya - it is a bit tiresome...

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Happilymarried: I think cramps cox walk too much. Hehe.

Littlej: haha yayachan angry you? Aiya hw can he angry you. He acceoted your money somemore . Did you call n inform the nurses you changed gynae?

Dragontail: I hope you dont give up yet ya! Yes take a break n relax maybe you strike without you knowing! Hugs hugs to you!

Hi Joyful.. My hub has the same issue as your hub good quantity but poor quality. Thing is the multi-vits and traditional chinese medicine (we consulted Dr Su too) didn't help in improving his condition. You can encourage your hub to take walnuts, sunflower seeds as they are known to improve sperm health. Exercising is good in stimulating testosterone and enough rest is crucial too. Hope your hub has better luck with traditional chinese medicine and 4 months trying to concieve-ing is quite short so dont't stress yourself over it..

Dragontail *hugs* it's good to take a break and have a good rest from trying to concieve-ing. Yun-nan is a beautiful place and with the fresh air and slower pace, it will do you good and you will come back stronger.

Imperial Concubine
    Hi dragontail. .indeed trying to concieve can take a toll on us and drained us. Sometimes it also make me lose concentration at work..

Well guess that's also reason why im queueing for ivf. Bit tired of all these trying and hope ivf is the miracle for me.

Hi superwoman, oh no... you mean those multi vit and Dr Su both didnt help to improve your hubby's condition? Sigh.. I'm so worried then. So what is the next step for your hubby?

Keeping my finger crossed! Oh ya, how is the charges for Dr Su? Is it exp?

And last week I went to a gynae to do an ultra sound to scan if I got any cysts and fibroid. Gynae say everything ok no cysts nothing. Plus my menses is regular. He say no need to check tude n all that first. But do you think I should go ahead to check if my tudes are block, just to play safe

Gnissim - yeah I talked to my fav nurse at yaya chan and told her. She then told me to come down one last time but I didn't turn up for that appt and she also never called me (usually she would call ) so I figured this is it. Bye bye ya ya chan.

But - can I say I have No regrets going with dr Tham! He is really nice, fatherly, down to earth, and very comfortable. and he is genuine and funny.

first, he commented that my 1kg weight gain over 3 weeks was "respectable". Hahah I never heard anyone use that term for a weight gain before. Respect yo - only 1kg weight gain =p

Later he saw my tummy and he exclaimed "wa, why your tummy so big now! Have you been eating durians, chocolates and ice cream!". I told him nope and even doing Pilates, yoga and walking..

Muffin is now 3kg. My 1 kg weight gain went entirely to muffin. Doc said I need to go on diet or eat less fatty food and even commented he prefers babies to be delivered like "ikea packaging" - small packages but become big later =p

I asked him about 4d scans, he told me can do but will cost $400. And said "why you wanna spend $400 doing a scan - isn't it better to anticipate and see the real thing... $400 can buy a lot of diapers you know!".

When he told us he will see us 1.5 weeks later - I was like "huh so long"... Then he said "oh since you not on package, I thought better for you to see me fewer times so you can save on consultation. if you are on package, i will see you weekly". i told him it is ok and I would prefer to see him weekly. But I thought wow geez, this doc is really down to earth and not out to ketok his patients. I mean, he was trying to help me save $$$?!?!?

Lastly, he tested me on what are the 4 signs I should come to hospital... Erm I couldn't rem all and he remarked "eh I killed a tree and printed it out for you and you never read is it"... Kekeke. Oops.

And today's consultation was only $200!!!

Anyway - my old man has good vibes about dr Tham and is willing to look past Thomson Medical Center's horrible parking.

I told my old man that well apparently yaya chan's stitching is superb - one of a kind - you can literally run, hop and skip the next day... But my old man just grunted and said he will never go back to yaya chan... He even said see see muffin always cover his face with his hand at yaya chan's , but at dr Tham - muffin never cover - therefore muffin likes dr Tham too!! So duh right.

All in all, I would say today is a good visit. Hahaha I am actually carrying a 2 x 1.5l bottles inside me now... =p

Hello joyful sadness - your nick is an opposite of sorts - is that how you are currently feeling? *hugs*

Personally I feel 4 months is a short time. How old are you and your hubby btw?

It is good you have done the necessary checks for yourself and hubby. And good that you made the decision to see dr Su. I guess just go with the belief that dr Su will be able to help. As for hsg (checking of tubes) - if your doc feels it is not necessary then I guess you have to believe your doc?!? Personally I feel that maybe your doc wants to treat the spermies first... Get them well then perhaps do a check on your tubes. The first few months after a hsg is best for conception since tubes have been cleared. So perhaps doc feels that even if you do hsg now - sperms are not at optimum so why not do it later. I can only speculate this is what your doc is thinking ! But this is how I will read the situation.

Btw - why quality no good? Poor swimmers or ?? My old man's sperms were also not good - poor swimmers - doc said speedmore like tortoise than Ian Thorpe =p but well - i still managed to conceive. But we were trying for longer... I think I only did hsg 7-8 months after sperm test. I also did hsg 2 months after traditional chinese medicine.

Hope this helps.

Oh - I also asked dr Tham if he thinks muffin will come out anytime soon. He said "if I can predict when baby will come out, I might as well give you four numbers and we buy 4d tomorrow"... Hehehe.

Hi littlej, am 31 and hubby is 35. Gynae said something about the shape of the sperm is bad. Only very very few percentage of his sperm are of good quality... sigh.. though 4 mths is consider a short time but cant help feeling stressed up man then also thinking of drinking those yucky chinese med can really make me puke too. Well, but no chance .先苦后甜 I guess

Joyfulsadness - still young!! Aunty here 35 and hubby is 38.

All I can say is take one step at a time. For me - we tried for a few months of blind shooting. hubby then did sperm test, I checked eggs And found out i had a polyp then had it removed. Hubby then took Vits. Then after about 3 months after - i started bbt and vitamins. 2 months later - I went to see traditional chinese medicine. Then 2 months after - did hsg. Then conceived.

Are you taking folic acid now? You should.

Quote Originally Posted by joyfulsadness:825943
    Hi littlej, am 31 and hubby is 35. Gynae said something about the shape of the sperm is bad. Only very very few percentage of his sperm are of good quality... sigh.. though 4 mths is consider a short time but cant help feeling stressed up man then also thinking of drinking those yucky chinese med can really make me puke too. Well, but no chance .先苦后甜 I guess
    Since you go to Dr Su, pleasw discipline no cold drinks, no smoke, no green tea, anyway Dr Su medicine not bitter at all, let your hubby eat more protein, hope this help, as im also Dr Su patient for 2mths before bfp

On a completely random note - watch this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?very=mPCXixIY2kw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmPC XixIY2kw

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:825938
    Gnissim - yeah I talked to my fav nurse at yaya chan and told her. She then told me to come down one last time but I didn't turn up for that appt and she also never called me (usually she would call ) so I figured this is it. Bye bye ya ya chan.

But - can I say I have No regrets going with dr Tham! He is really nice, fatherly, down to earth, and very comfortable. and he is genuine and funny.

first, he commented that my 1kg weight gain over 3 weeks was "respectable". Hahah I never heard anyone use that term for a weight gain before. Respect yo - only 1kg weight gain =p

Later he saw my tummy and he exclaimed "wa, why your tummy so big now! Have you been eating durians, chocolates and ice cream!". I told him nope and even doing Pilates, yoga and walking..

Muffin is now 3kg. My 1 kg weight gain went entirely to muffin. Doc said I need to go on diet or eat less fatty food and even commented he prefers babies to be delivered like "ikea packaging" - small packages but become big later =p

I asked him about 4d scans, he told me can do but will cost $400. And said "why you wanna spend $400 doing a scan - isn't it better to anticipate and see the real thing... $400 can buy a lot of diapers you know!".

When he told us he will see us 1.5 weeks later - I was like "huh so long"... Then he said "oh since you not on package, I thought better for you to see me fewer times so you can save on consultation. if you are on package, i will see you weekly". i told him it is ok and I would prefer to see him weekly. But I thought wow geez, this doc is really down to earth and not out to ketok his patients. I mean, he was trying to help me save $$$?!?!?

Lastly, he tested me on what are the 4 signs I should come to hospital... Erm I couldn't rem all and he remarked "eh I killed a tree and printed it out for you and you never read is it"... Kekeke. Oops.

And today's consultation was only $200!!!

Anyway - my old man has good vibes about dr Tham and is willing to look past Thomson Medical Center's horrible parking.

I told my old man that well apparently yaya chan's stitching is superb - one of a kind - you can literally run, hop and skip the next day... But my old man just grunted and said he will never go back to yaya chan... He even said see see muffin always cover his face with his hand at yaya chan's , but at dr Tham - muffin never cover - therefore muffin likes dr Tham too!! So duh right.

All in all, I would say today is a good visit. Hahaha I am actually carrying a 2 x 1.5l bottles inside me now... =p
    Littlej ..I think your old man really dislike yaya chan ..
    Erm..I can actually go to the toilet by myself on the same day..but definitely cannot skip, hop or dance..hhehe. .think its not only on the gynae's stitching skills..sometimes it depends on the pain tolerance too. Dont worry too much on the stitching..focus on your little muffin...then you would forget all your pain and discomfort. .that's what I feel ..you may want to ask whether the gynae or hospital whether they provide antiseptic solution of some kind to clean your wound...n do buy a small tin of formula milk to standby just in case your milk supply is not sufficient in the initial few days (learn from my mistake)..hehe