Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Dragontail - you super "bu" . Your mother in law is so sweet. Actually I like pig intestine soup but I dont ...

Dragontail - you super "bu" . Your mother in law is so sweet. Actually I like pig intestine soup but I dont like intestines. I am ok to drink the soup but can't see innards floating.

Natalie - I am planning to work till pop - sort of. Applied for maternity to commence 30 sept.But next week to work from home.

I am planning to go on 5 months maternity =p cuz muffin may go infant care or nanny care so i'd prefer to extend as long as possible. so 8 weeks + 16 days annual leave (die for must clear by 2013 otherwise forfeited) + childcare leave 6 days + 8 weeks.

Tvh - hahaha ya hospital bag all packed. Well... My hubby finally put his foot down and said no more driving longer distances. So starting today - no more yoga.. Kinda have withdrawal symptoms...

Anyway ya I should let my boss know my concerns. thanks everyone. will talk to him tomorrow.

Thelay - maybe I am generally more positive . So even if I am tired I will convince myself otherwise. Anyway - dont stress yourself too much... Sometimes 15 min quickie nap also shiok.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

littlej, i think you can explain to your boss nicely? no such thing as abuse ... we bake only 40 weeks.. the rest of the 4 or 14 years, we slogging at work.. cant recall who said that before.. I am sure he will understand. that F1 weekend, i am staying away from the city hall area as well... imagine stuck in traffic jam and bladder filling up fast... haha... that i do not wanna experience... so with you being so close to EDD, please please do not take the risk, having your old man stuck in traffic and anxious and worried is not safe either... both of you (you and old man) stay safe for muffin!!

thanks ladies!! i really appreciate your wishes and cheers! =) my scan went well today... feeling sleeping now... i can finally sleep soundly tonight... cuz all that can be seen and scanned looked normal... i didnt get a good shot of my twin a's kkj, tho there was a pic... my doc just typed BOY. no arrow! i guess with super experienced doc... they are not bothered with that? today's scan went super fast also... think 15 mins, i am done!! twin a was in a breech position and sitting in an L shape - how come this weird shape i cant understand.. haha... maybe that's y difficult to capture the kkj also... as usual head very big.. a week plus faster than gestation age.. got a shot of the feet.. SO CUTE!! looks like hubby's feet.. cuz he has 2nd toe longer than big toe.. hmm.. mine is normal looking with big toe on par with 2nd toe... i collected my doc's letter and she also put me on utrogestan during my trip to HK next month.. she says she doesnt wanna see cramps at all.. i was thinking... i have been on progesterone supp so long... still take... good meh?

Happilymarried, any photos of your baby???

Hahaha happilymarried - happy that it all went well. Yes now you can sleep soundly, start packing the room, and buy stuff !!! This is the best time ever!!! Ooo and do take care in HK. dont't walk around too much. And Hk ppl walk very fast so make sure you keep a distance so they dont't accidentally knock into you!!! Oh and got a lot of my fav country ppl in HK too so make sure you dont't get knocked by them.

Btw - upload virgin kkj! hahaha dragontail waited for more than 24 hours =p wahahahhah!!!!

My boss' boss is in town this week. So hence the very impt meeting on thurs. hope he understands.

hahaha.. littlej, i know my least fav people r all there.. i will take care.. hubby has that task of protecting me.. tho, at 182 and 57 kg.. i wonder how much he can protect me ... oh ya.. my weight gain... a whopping 8-9 kg so far!! omg omg OMG!!! from 47-48... i ballooned to 56 !!! how how?? & guess what... my twin a is only 282g. why like that?? where did all the weight go to.... *sad*

missy10, dragontail, sorry... hehe gotta wait til tomorrow morning for the pics.. today another nurse sent me the pics, not the usual one.. she sent in a report format, not the jpeg format so all very small in just a 2 page pdf... wth! my twin a's kkj pic also not that clear... due to baby's sitting position... doc pressed the scanner probe so hard on my belly, it was a bit pain...

hmmm, i look at the rooms in my house... i feel kinda sad... i have no space... how do you cope without using a study room?! wardrobe space in each room also very limited... i originally have spare rooms, but taken up by in laws... they are kinda living in our house.. weird arrangement but o well... i gotta think of a way... or do like what you ladies did... donate and throw!!! if i still want #2, i have to chase in laws to go back home already... hmm

mummies planning their maternity leave, advise you not to use up childcare leave for next year uh! little one will definitely use it all up with the monthly checkups and jabs for the first six months.. and littlej since ure considering infant care, do note that they close 5days a year excluding all the public holidays - my first skool is like that and so are majority of the others due to training courses for the the teachers. mine's all used up on such days.. unless ofcus you font mind to eat into unpaid leave when the time comes.

this afternoon hubby told me that his mum has been puking everything out, unable to consume neither food nor water nor medication (as she just had a throat op two weeks ago). was planning to OT for abit but he surprised me by picking me up at 6pm on the dot saying he decided to skip work (yep he works night) just incase mother in law felt worse. we tabao-ed dinner amd was only home for half hour when his sister called to say mother in law puked again after a nap. so down he's gone to pick her up and sent to singapore general hospital a&e and oh gosh the waiting time is 5hrs and still waiting since 7ish! I know I shldnt be saying this but it totally ruined my shortlived hapliness for the evening!

my poor boy is also down with hfmd, or so I suspect. second time this year and the symptoms are there. spotted a few rash marks on the sole of his feet and hes rejecting even his addiction - milk and porridge. only can take in cold beverage and im giving him glucose water. waking up every hour crying in pain is also not helping the situation! my heart aches.

Ooo - me using childcare leave for this year so should be ok right? The company I work for is also quite flexible so I hope I can work from home when there are jabs / checkups etc. or i just "pon-teng". hahaha.

Happilymarried - I gained 8.5kg at 20th week. Hee hee.

Oh. No more study room. I cleared all my books only keeping those I really want. So from 4 full bookshelves / bookcases to just 1, imagine how many books i gave away. I kept the study table in muffin's room cuz I suppose I can work whilst muffin sleeps next time. Anyway - happilymarried - room is merely a property / space sacrifice to be made - imagine all the other sacrifices like emotional and physical body etc - put in that context - a room is nothing isn't it? =)

Wantonmee - hope your boy gets better soon and you better take care also ya! Are you bringing him to see doc tomorrow?

Erm - as for mother in law issues - well, I suppose you can't blame hubby cuz that is his mum... I feel, what comes around goes around . I mean - next time when you grow old - you would also appreciate if your son will drive you and wait with you at the hospital right? =) so take it from that angle...

*in a spasm now with no kkj pic*. Hehe.

Good morning! I-dont-like-Tuesday is here. Going to work. Have a safe trip on the road everyone.

Imperial Concubine

Morning girls. LittleJ, Happilymarried, TVH, Thelay, great to hear all of you are baking nicely and going to pop!
    LittleJ, good idea to work from home! I would totally try to wing that for myself if possible! LOL

Tricky, Jojosnake where are you? How are you feeling?

Who is in 2WW here? Baby dust!!

Imperial Concubine

happilymarried - no baby shot? aiya...we all waiting . Who else going for scan soon? remember get a print out and show us.
    littlej- will you post your little muffin photo after he is out to see the world?

ebichan- me me! in 2ww! dragontail also....

hah, tis morning hubby suddenly ask ' your temp how'? issit going up'? I was huh? go up is good? or signifying that i'm going to have fever? heeee...

Imperial Concubine

Congrats jojosnake! And tricky as well? Did i miss anyone.
    Here?

Morning ladies!

Dragontail, ooops! When the email comes in I will share the clearest pic! Hehe

Ebichan you sound energetic this morn! Stay this way & if you get tired.. try taking your mind off computer n walk to toilet or get plenty of warm water to drink..

Littlej hehe you speak like a true mom already even tho muffin hasn't popped yet... But the thing with staying with in laws.. I didn't expect myself to allow this move (hubby's dumb arrangement) so early on (it's been 1.5 to 2 years).. I always thought it's ok only after the baby comes.. so now I have already sacrificed my alone time with hubby n things like them burning of joss sticks & a few more other actions... Just irritates the hell out of me on some days.... Sorry for complaining about in law issues here...

Imperial Concubine

gnissim!!! you, too!! how are you feeling?

Im quite genki today because I slept early yesterday and feel recharged after my green smoothie this morning.
    I have a bit more time before I go to work.
    How nice it is to work from home...

Actually I dont have annoying in law issues but my own parents annoy me, sorry but I have a love hate relationship with them.
    This sounds wrong but I wish my parents were as civil as my in-laws who seem independent and not always wanting attention.

Imperial Concubine

Hi ebichan! My tummy just feeling weird daily. Numb n contraction feel evefy morning when i wake up. Sobs. Gg to ask around later. My gynae appt still so long. 5Wks apart.

Dragontail: hope you see your bfp nxt few days time!

And those who is in their 2ww!

aights yes littlej, my mum's gonna bring my boy to doctor later. had texted my boss that i'll be taking urgent leave this morning then i realised my mum had taken too, so im now in the office -_- probably taking on friday since mum cannot.

mother in law wise, yes i understand.. just ranting a bit. hubby only came home at 730am earlier! oh my goodness. they only got to see the doctor at 130am, waited another 2 hours for blood test results, hospital decided to admit her, waited for admission and only got to the ward at 6ish! what crap is singapore general hospital a&e doing?! a whole 12 hours for someone who is dehydrated and suffering from wound infection and possibly something wrong with the liver?! seriously, still say best hospital in singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:827027
    *in a spasm now with no kkj pic*. Hehe.

Good morning! I-dont-like-Tuesday is here. Going to work. Have a safe trip on the road everyone.
    Quote of the day.

Today is not friday.
    Tomorrow is not friday.
    The day after tomorrow is not friday.

Wantonmee: hope your son will get better soon and your mother in law as well. Not first case of a&e taking long time to attend to patients . sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:827008
    hmmm, i look at the rooms in my house... i feel kinda sad... i have no space... how do you cope without using a study room?! wardrobe space in each room also very limited... i originally have spare rooms, but taken up by in laws... they are kinda living in our house.. weird arrangement but o well... i gotta think of a way... or do like what you ladies did... donate and throw!!! if i still want #2, i have to chase in laws to go back home already... hmm
    For our case also cannot do without study room so bo pian. Our gaming room have to go. Things of coz cannot anyhow buang. All shift to living room. Gave away one of my tv *sob* cannot imagine if in laws r living with us too. lucky they very ang mo pai, prefer to have their own privacy.

So your baby will be sleeping with you in the future? Seems to work for my bestie. Provided if hubby wont get pek chek with the baby crying & waking up. I will be sleeping in baby room tho.

Im in the 2ww good luck to all ladies on their 2ww too!

Quote Originally Posted by wantonmee:827049
    aights yes littlej, my mum's gonna bring my boy to doctor later. had texted my boss that i'll be taking urgent leave this morning then i realised my mum had taken too, so im now in the office -_- probably taking on friday since mum cannot.

mother in law wise, yes i understand.. just ranting a bit. hubby only came home at 730am earlier! oh my goodness. they only got to see the doctor at 130am, waited another 2 hours for blood test results, hospital decided to admit her, waited for admission and only got to the ward at 6ish! what crap is singapore general hospital a&e doing?! a whole 12 hours for someone who is dehydrated and suffering from wound infection and possibly something wrong with the liver?! seriously, still say best hospital in singapore.
    i think you have misunderstanding with the operation in hospital, they do not want their patient to wait either, but once you send patients in, you have to have trust in them that they won't let patient "suffer" in observation wards
    Usually have to understand the frustration of friends/relatives of patients, but who understand those docs/nurses/patient service associate who worked hard too....

Hehehehe sorry... i just been through this waiting cycle last week,.so i just put myself in their shoe....

Hope your hubby get enough rest, get him drink lots of water/100plus, herbal tea also, as he did not get enough rest... you too... since your boy is sick, take care of yourself too...

Wantonmee, hope your mother in law will be alright soon. But gosh, that waiting time is just unbelievable !

Joyfulsadness, yes I'm 9 weeks

Ebichan, I'm all good. last week i was feeling great and got a bit paranoid. but yesterday felt bad again and this morning dizziness and headache are striking back so all good hahah. My husband joked on how he's happy that im feeling bad.....

ladies, have you heard about your pulse revealing your baby's gender. I know traditional chinese medicine can pick it up but i read that stronger right pulse means girls, and left means boy. I wonder how accurate this is??

Im having stupid family issues right now. Im trying to make my mum move from europe to singapore to be with me and baby, but my selfish brother who is living there doesnt want that and is trying to brainwash her to not come...

Hahaha Dragontail. ..sometimes I get confused to ...so I'm like replying using my phone while reading the threads from my ipad.

Happily married, thanks! I am trying to abstain from cold drinks n ice cream now. Yesterday IUI was abit uncomfortable and painful for me. At one time ny hands and face just went numb
    Although Im not staying with inlaws ...I can totally understand your feelings. And about your weight. ..plsssss you r so slim to begin with ...and im sure your doctor will also be monitoring for you.

Littlej, its so good to have understanding bosses and to be able to work from home.

Wantonmee, sorry to hear about mother in law n your boy. Hopes they get well soon.

Ebichan ,im also in my 2ww now. Its 1dpiui

Joyfulsadness , thanks and good luck to you too!

Congratulations Tricky! Haha your husband is celebrating all the symptoms! Hmmm the things about brothers ...sigh I hope he won't succeed in brainwashing your mum.