Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Littlej TVH Rav MissA Missy10 Thelay - 14 November 2013 Natalie - 25 October 2013 Gnissim Tricky, oh your beta ...

Littlej
    TVH
    Rav
    MissA
    Missy10
    Thelay - 14 November 2013
    Natalie - 25 October 2013
    Gnissim

Tricky, oh your beta very high. My sis has two embryos implantated. So hopefully two made it.

Poohy, I hope this news gives you the motivation if you're indeed decided for ivf!!

This is the first ivf success story (ok in all frankness, this pregnancy is still early to be stable at this point) that happens among my loved ones. I think this surely gives some hope for me if I indeed decide to take this route. But it will be an expensive one (me no subsidy) and I still am not mentally prepared. So you go first . Hehehe.

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

dragontail- your sister did in govt hospital or pte hospital? long protocol or short? how much she spent? heheh
    sorry ask so much questions.

indeed i will be going for ivf if by the time its my turn and i'm not preg yet. I'm like queueing for iphone 5 .....gonna wait in queue until they call me.

Poohy I will ask her later. Seeing her tonight as it's my mom's birthday celebration. She did hers at Kandang Kerbau Hospital. You will do yours at nuh right? I supposed they both work pretty the same.

Imperial Concubine

I'll be doing at singapore general hospital! help me ask her..ehehehe..subsidy should be about the same..costing should also be the same. =) thanks!

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    Dragontail, how many weeks is she ? doesn't mean twins. my hsg was 1850 at 4weeks +
    Ya trickly you reminded me of my hcg level when i was about 7weeks plus.. It was 44000plus, however it doesnt double when i went back 2days later.. It rose up to 52000plus only hence the failed pregnancy. And that time i was still having very bad morning sickness. so it is not necessary that having bad morning sickness means baby is growing well.. im blaffled

Dragontail - CONGRATS ON BEING AN AUNT! and congrats to your sis too!

Oh oh - i love holiday topics. Keep it rollin'! I love staying at Novotel in BKK too. Hahah so convenient. Shop shop shop, go to hotel dump the shopping.. then continue to shop shop shop. And around Novotel also got roadside stalls - yummy. I think Korea should be ok . Anhehaisayo....O-paaa... I have a colleague who's Korean and he's a good friend too. Let me know if you want me to ask him for tips?

(hee hee - dont't tell my boss) me and my old man planning for a quick getaway before I head back to work in March. Probably a short beach trip to Lombok or something. Muffin will be with my mum for the 4 days. Some may say so cruel, leave the baby alone.. But I figured with baby's arrival - I'd be superbly busy tending to baby and being a cow - and may neglect my old man.. So I thought it'd be good to spend some time alone with my old man. Also, he has been very busy with work and usually we would go for a short getaway year end but since this year cannot.. so i told him next year Feb! He brightened up considerably when I said that... Sigh - Grown men are like children sometimes !

Wahahah - yes yes, I will be the one who say "ready get set POP". EDD: 3 Oct.

Thanks Rav - I got to client's place safely. Went to Nex for lunch and did a bit of shopping. Now home and doing work...

BTW - I got the photos from my maternity photoshoot! Hee hee.. Quite nice . I mean, this photographer returned ALL photos (with editing) so there were about 150 photos in all. I ownself picked out about 50 nice ones. There were some shots I thought could be done better (angle, hair, lighting).. but well I can't complain for $300 for all photos. Also- the models weren't good . I am not that sort of person who can project that kind of 'sensual' or 'serene' look so I thought I looked funny in those pix with eyes closed.. Y'know - trying to look serene but I look as if I'm forcing myself to sleep :P Oh - and for my old man - the first many shots - all never smile or like forced half smile - towards the end then big smile (think he know ending soon so happy).

Overall happy friday (so far)

oh dear jojosnake, sorry to hear that. apparently hcg levels for 7 weeks has to be 7000 minimum, your morning sickness must have come from sufficient progesterone levels I'm guessing. it's really scary to read that even morning sickness is not a guarantee of healthy pregnancy. but we have to keep positive !!!

Crossing fingers it's double joy for your sister Dragontail

Dragontail: dont't mind I update the list? thank you for starting and hope for you to join in soon. Hee

Littlej - 3rd October 2013
    TVH
    MissA
    Missy10
    Rav - 30 November 2013
    Gnissim

Littlej: Share share your photos ..hee... I am still looking to book a nice hotel for a staycation before popping. Hope can do my own photoshoot nicely coz hubby is of no help in that dept :/

Rav, haha please do so! Thanks...hope someday I'll be in the chart. But my hope is just running low...in half year I will be 42! This "fear" always rings in my head...like when I am in early 60s, my kid probably hasn't start earning his first buck! I find it kinda scary. And I wonder how my man is going to handle a kid and an aging wife at the same time. At times I dont feel like trying to concieve because of this. Hahaha I know today I think too much already!

Wahaha littlej I find your photo shoot story very funny. Especially when your man is all big smile at the end. Haha! Oh ok thanks...I will know who to ask if I have korea holi questions.

Imperial Concubine

Here i am!

TVH
    MissA
    Missy10
    Rav - 30 November 2013
    Gnissim - 17 January 2014

Many baby dust!

Dragontail: you will be in here very very very soon! you may not know you may just got it this cycle when you stop everything.

Imperial Concubine

I love holiday topics too!!
    I can't wait to go to Japan again in autumn
    But maybe no hot spring but can eat all the food!!

Today I had my check up and I've passed another milestone!!! I heard the baby's heartbeat!!
    I am very happy of course.
    So will continue to keep fingers crossed for the next milestone.

Thanks everyone so far for all the nice kinds words and concern.

Am I qualified to spread baby dust? Or must wait until 2nd trimester then can?

Imperial Concubine

Oh who was asking about private villa Jimbaran?
    I stayed at one in Jimbaran and also at Ubud. And a third forgot where ... long name.

But the private villa was fantastic and came with private chef.
    It was non peak and I paid about 165 US a night (they count by villa not persons so that was nice)

1 Bedroom Villas in Ubud

there is a range there with different price options

Ebichan: you r now a qualified baby dust spreader! Sound abit weird. Lol. Its nice to share good news & blessings. Many of us graduated from the blessings & positive vibes from the ladies here.

Worthy Lady

That is great news, ebichan! I'm looking to this milestone next mon.. How many weeks are you now?

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Here's me too!!

TVH - 15 October 2013
    MissA
    Missy10
    Rav - 30 November 2013

Baby dust baby dust!!! There will definitely be more coming!!!

Imperial Concubine

Thanks girls!
    I'm a qualified baby dust gifter??
    YAY!!!

TRUCKLOADS and Olympic sized pool loads of baby dust for Everyone!

jojosnake, Im 7 weeks 5 days only. I look forward to sharing the happy news for the milestone for you too.

TVH - 15 October 2013
    MissA
    Missy10
    Rav - 30 November 2013
    Wantonmee - 15 March 2014

Woots!

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar

dragontail, congrats to both you and your sis!! just fyi... on my 11dptransfer (3 weeks) my beta hcg was 1100+, then 18dpt (around 4 weeks), my beta hcg was 18800+. but that was at the start.. of cuz later i lost 1 at week 9... so not sure if my readings were a tell tale sign i was going to lose 1 baby or not..... oh & keep the tour discussions comin in!! they are fun to read =)

poohy, if it helps, i asked my gynae about short n long protocol.. she said the whole medical field is moving towards short protocol... i did short protocol for both my cycles as my doc wanted to limit the no. of days i was jabbing serums into my belly... with long protocol more jabs.. cuz duration is longer... more serums needed, also means more $ upfront... for my, cuz i went private, all serums cannot deduct medisave... its only hospital egg retrieval you can deduct...

ebichan, definitely qualified!!! =) congrats on the milestone hit!! look forward to the next one!! so happy for you & all the other grads! =)

littlehammie, hope you r doing ok... dont give up... jiayou! & we will all jiayou for you also... =)

can i add myself into this list? :P

TVH - 15 October 2013
    Rav - 30 November 2013
    MissA - ?? Dec 2013 (missA i think your edd is dec right?)
    Missy10 - 24 Jan 2014 (missy10 correct me if i rem wrongly)
    happilymarried - 6 Feb 2014
    ebichan -
    tricky -
    quincy -

heehee... so exciting! =)

littlej, overall, did you think the photographer was good? i was thinking of looking for 1 to do my shoot (i hope everything is smooth smooth, i am still keeping my fingers crossed). and i recall you said yours was a lady photographer? I did think it its male, i will feel quite paiseh.. if he adjusts your clothes etc... i am not model material... so i think some editing is required... there are some places i come across, they charge extra for editing...

And... hahaha your old man very cute ... at least you have the last few shots where the photographer caught him with big smile!! enjoy your hol next yr feb... well deserved hol with your old man.. but do prep your mum on everything about muffin!!

it is a 13 day countdown for you!! gosh!! so close!! feeling so excited for you! =) double check your hospital bag & make sure all camera batt, video cam batt, hp battery packs etc etc all charged and packed! your old man may need chicken essence too if he's gonna spend hours with you in labour..

Worthy Lady
    Me too add myself. ..

TVH - 15 October 2013
    Rav - 30 November 2013
    MissA -
    Missy10 -
    Gabrielle86 - 7 Feb 2014
    ebichan -
    tricky -
    quincy -

Hello!

Dragontail - Whilst I think age factor affects trying to concieve - But hey - Doc said your eggs and lining all ok right? And Elizabeth Hurley also had babies much later... Plus my friends. So I believe there is hope, as long as you dont't give up. As for the how hubby is going to cope with you and teenager etc - Well, that's where he better honor his vows "for better or for worse" right! Anyway, l think you're not going to be one of those lao kok kok kind of 60 year old woman. That's why it's important right now to keep the body active and healthy so we all age gracefully and healthily. dont't want any osteoporosis hitting us at 50+!

Happilymarried - I think the photographer is good for the price I paid - $300 for photoshoot + minimal editing for all photos (color correction and effects BUT no photoshop) + return of all photos. I used littlemissrabbit btw. For me - I wanted ALL photos returned - Just didn't want only a selected few. I also didn't think me and my hubby looked so terrible that we needed major photoshop edits. Price was also a consideration - I didn't want to pay so much cuz hahaha I'm looking a lil' plump now too :P

Here are the pricing packages>

A) White Room:

Maternity Package $290
    1 hour studio session
    From a selection of photographs, you'll receive:
    4x 5"x7" prints
    1x 8"x12" print selected from one of the 5"x7"
    Soft copies of these 4 selected prints (3R resolution)
    There is the option to add a CD of all the 50-70 photographs per session, all with digital enhancement at 2250x1800px resolution (printable to 5R), at $880 additional per session.

B) Bambini

Maternity Session $180 (double prints on weekdays)
    1. Up to 1 hour studio session
    2. Three 5R and One S8R print
    3. Partner and one child are welcome to join free of charge.
    4. Return of web resolution softcopies

Important Notes:
    Option to purchase softcopies of all good images at the following prices:
    * Low res CD (printable to 4R) - $180 extra
    * Medium Res CD (printable to 8R) - $250 extra
    * High Res CD (printable to >1m) - $350 extra

C) LittleMissRabbit

$300 Photography Package includes the following

• 1.5 hour photography by professional female photographer
    • All High Resolution soft copies will be returned in personalised CD
    • Up to 3 change of clothings allowed
    • All photos will be post-processed and returned in high resolution (post-processed
    meaning with colour correction/ effects but without photoshop retouch)
    • Daddies-to-be are welcomed

TVH - 15 October 2013
    Rav - 30 November 2013
    MissA -
    Missy10 - 23 January 2014
    Gabrielle86 - 7 Feb 2014
    ebichan -
    tricky -
    quincy -
    Last edited by Missy10; 20-09-2013 at 11:08 PM.