Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; littlej - thanks much for the photography packages! little miss rabbit definitely looks attractive, may take it up too!...

littlej - thanks much for the photography packages! little miss rabbit definitely looks attractive, may take it up too!

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Dragontail.. I pm you the itinerary list.

Poohy, now I know what you meant by long and short protocol in ivf. My sis kinda just explained to me. Her first ivf was on long. This round is on short. She said really depends on the doc and also your age, health background, etc. And with subsidy and medisave, so far she only spent less than 2k only .

She said the success rate for a 5day old blastocyst is higher. And indeed, this round she hit jackpot on that formula.

My man has spoken. After pushing his button just now, he finally said "I will only say yes if you go to your erjie place". Bleh. I lost. So no korea trip this round. Well, I guess I will keep an open mind to yunan. I'm sure that place is beautiful. Can see pandas too. Haaa lots of them. And I will filter what's not very nice. Most importantly, my sis will take care of me

Oh one more thing, my lil sis said her wait for the counselling and procedure wasnt long . Kandang Kerbau Hospital less popular than singapore general hospital maybe?

Wa Ivf sounds like some financial thingy. Long and short.

Hee hee - you very 乖. Hahaha I would ask why not... Then ask again... Then ask sure or not... And ask again...

But yunan sounds really nice though. I mean - as much as that is my fav country... I think yunan will be nicer with the scenery. And ooo - pandas pandas! Can you take photos with pandas??

Me too add myself. ..

Littlej - 3rd October 2013
    TVH - 15 October 2013
    Natalie - 25 October 2013
    Thelay - 14 November 2013
    Rav - 30 November 2013
    MissA -
    Gnissim - 17 January 2014
    Missy10 -
    happilymarried - 6 Feb 2014
    Gabrielle86 - 7 Feb 2014
    Wantonmee - 15 March 2014
    tricky - 22 April 2014
    ebichan -
    quincy -

Woohoo the list is beautiful!!!!

Wantonmee, your little one has the same birthdate as me Good date good date. Haa.

Littlej, ya I just now asked my hubby...that he will have to take care of a studying child and lao kok kok wife. He replied "scared what? I not scared you scared for what?". Act hero.

Will tell my sis must bring me to the panda zoo. Will take pics surely! I only seen once of panda (it was a solo fellow. So poor thing) at Shenzhen. Donkey years ago. Never been to singapore zoo after jiajia and kaikai are here.

heh dragontail I try hold baby2 in until 15march ! lol.

Dragontail - can get up close and personal with panda at the panda zoo? Like you know breakfast with meng type? I have not't even seen jia jia and Kai Kai in real life...

Hahaha your Lao gong must be thinking "what kind of stupid question is that"

latest list

Littlej - 3rd October 2013
    TVH - 15 October 2013
    Natalie - 25 October 2013
    Thelay - 14 November 2013
    Rav - 30 November 2013
    MissA -
    Gnissim - 17 January 2014
    Missy10 - 23 January 2014
    happilymarried - 6 Feb 2014
    Gabrielle86 - 7 Feb 2014
    Wantonmee - 15 March 2014
    ebichan -
    tricky - 22 April 2014
    quincy -

Ebichan, must be a totally heartwarming moment there! Congrats Dont think too much from now .

Wantonmee, yes yes. Tell your baby auntie dragontail says bake until "ides of march". Meaning 15march...the day where Julius Caesar was assassinated (I studied that as my literature in sec school). One of those useless-facts. Hehe.

Thelay thank you thank you!!! Hopefully I can make use of it next time soon.

Imperial Concubine
    Thanks happilymarried and dragontail for the info! Hope I get the short protocol also coz scared of jabbing... dont want so tedious and so glad to hear the $$$ component not that bad. Hmm Kandang Kerbau Hospital lesser wait? sigh should have gone to Kandang Kerbau Hospital !

Wah seems like most trying to concieve pple here have graduated...the list of pple giving birth is longer than the trying to concieve list . ..

Okay dragontail! Was just staring at my tummy lying down in the bed earlier. Thought I felt movemrnts but could have been gas! I rmbr feeling my boy at around week18-19. Now am only approaching end of week15!

dragontail - I pray yours will be on 17may then! My birthday! Hehe. Means next cycle ya!

Worthy Lady
    I m having stomach pain and shooting pain at down there and back.... is it wind or something?

Quote Originally Posted by wantonmee:828080
    heh dragontail I try hold baby2 in until 15march ! lol.
    Woke up to pee & couldnt get back to sleep again. Super warm too. How to tahan without a fan during confinement!?

Read that experienced mums can feel baby kicks earlier

your edd is my bdate too! Hee
    Last edited by rav3naers; 21-09-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:828098
    I m having stomach pain and shooting pain at down there and back.... is it wind or something?
    Could it be braxton hicks?

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jojosnake:827960
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    Dragontail, how many weeks is she ? doesn't mean twins. my hsg was 1850 at 4weeks +
    Ya trickly you reminded me of my hcg level when i was about 7weeks plus.. It was 44000plus, however it doesnt double when i went back 2days later.. It rose up to 52000plus only hence the failed pregnancy. And that time i was still having very bad morning sickness. so it is not necessary that having bad morning sickness means baby is growing well.. im blaffled
    Jojosnake... Hmm my nurse was initially worried about me that I had no nausea or vomitting even with twinnies at the start...up til now I also sometimes still think if I had bad or some ms.. my twin baby would have survived... I guess ms is really not a good sign to use.... Anyway, Jiayou & may you hit next milestone soon!

Thelay, how often have you been experiencing these pains? Did you also count in a span of 5 mins how many times the pain hit you? Breathe deeply n slowly Okie? Hope it goes away soon cuz not yet edd... Little nico... Continue to bake smoothly n let mama work peacefully....

I woke from numbness is my arms n legs... Not sure if I need to be alarmed or not.... Feels scary n weird to have whole arm numb n my legs feeling so tight like gonna burst.... Is this the hippo transformation?!

Dragontail, on the Lao kok kok wifey thingy... you r hardly Lao kok kok !! ( Littlej your reminder of for better or for worse is good!!) you eat the most healthy among us here... you also do more exercise than most of us here.... & with regards to conceiving... If 50 something year old can do it... I m so sure you can too! Someday maybe but my gp once told me back then... If you have eggs, sure can have babies... Haha I refused to believe her then... But it's quite true ...

The better or for worse wedding vows... Haha... Also applies to my boobs... I told hubby... Max grow until cup b (still hoping a bit more )... So you r stuck w me having max cup b size!!! Haha...

Littlej, Thank you so much for sharing the photo taking packages!! I need to check with my mirror first to see if worth spending.... I'm so not used to my bulges.. you know.. hips n butt n thighs n face n finger fat grow at faster rate than belly... I m still letting it sink in that I put on 9kg with little star weighing 282g at week 20.. looks like I'm following in your footsteps... Haha... With the 18-19 kg gain... Oh gosh... Pls show the world that you can shed all that weight too.... Hehe that one I sure follow!! Meanwhile it's time to up my updog....

Poohy, haha yes the graduate list is long. Hope to see you on it soon You cant change to Kandang Kerbau Hospital now is it? Or Kandang Kerbau Hospital not as convenient as singapore general hospital for you?

Rav, oh you and me have same birthdate? How coincidental! Guess I will never forget yours.

Wantonmee, your birthdate and my erjie are the same too. Wont forget your birthdate too. Lol.

Happilymarried, thank you for your encouragement, as always I will jiayou and hope miracle happens for me someday.

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:828115
    I woke from numbness is my arms n legs... Not sure if I need to be alarmed or not.... Feels scary n weird to have whole arm numb n my legs feeling so tight like gonna burst.... Is this the hippo transformation?!

Dragontail, on the Lao kok kok wifey thingy... you r hardly Lao kok kok !! ( Littlej your reminder of for better or for worse is good!!) you eat the most healthy among us here... you also do more exercise than most of us here.... & with regards to conceiving... If 50 something year old can do it... I m so sure you can too! Someday maybe but my gp once told me back then... If you have eggs, sure can have babies... Haha I refused to believe her then... But it's quite true ...

The better or for worse wedding vows... Haha... Also applies to my boobs... I told hubby... Max grow until cup b (still hoping a bit more )... So you r stuck w me having max cup b size!!! Haha...
    Its normal, so try not to sleep with your hand under pillow/head, i have experience that from 18 weeks..... but now is leg cramp....

Imperial Concubine

Thelay, hope you dont have the pains now when I post this ? could it be gas?

Happilymarried, Dragontail. I agree you know. Because you know I'm probably the 2nd oldest here I also worried about many things but if you still ovulate and have eggs, the chances are there.

Yesterday when my husband came home, I told him about the good news (ie. heartbeat ) and he seemed neutral or rather not as happy as I thought he would be.
    He said, of course there's a heartbeat right? To be honest, many times I told myself not to get ahead, not overly rejoice because of the statistics of not making through the red zone first trimester. But he just thought that I was being overly silly and paranoid.

Maybe. But from here , I still have another month or so.
    Hope it goes by fast, too.

I have a question, what is the recommended weight gain in SG by SG doctors?
    In the Japanese pregnancy books, the recommended preg weight gain for my BMI is 7 - 10kg.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c05_img01.gif 
Views:	2 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	111942

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    My gynae recommended a weight gain of 10-12kg for me. But I'm stuck at 9kg now. The good thing is baby is growing well. I've a friend who only put on 5kg for her pregnancy but delivered a beautiful 2.7kg baby. So it doesn't matter how much weight you gained but rather, whether your baby is growing at a healthy rate. I would use baby's weight gain as my gauge than my own weight because baby doesn't absorb everything you eat.
    ebichan likes this.