Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Happilymarried, I have been enduring numbness in my left rib cage since 2nd tri. Gynae said baby pressing on my ...

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Happilymarried, I have been enduring numbness in my left rib cage since 2nd tri. Gynae said baby pressing on my nerves. Now the numb patch gets worse as my tummy grows. dont't be worried about the numbness. Could be just baby's position. Try massaging your arms and legs everyday.

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by wantonmee View Post
    Okay dragontail! Was just staring at my tummy lying down in the bed earlier. Thought I felt movemrnts but could have been gas! I rmbr feeling my boy at around week18-19. Now am only approaching end of week15!

dragontail - I pray yours will be on 17may then! My birthday! Hehe. Means next cycle ya!
    Think you will be able to feel the kicking earlier for the 2nd one...at least that is true for me..

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by TVH View Post
    My gynae recommended a weight gain of 10-12kg for me. But I'm stuck at 9kg now. The good thing is baby is growing well. I've a friend who only put on 5kg for her pregnancy but delivered a beautiful 2.7kg baby. So it doesn't matter how much weight you gained but rather, whether your baby is growing at a healthy rate. I would use baby's weight gain as my gauge than my own weight because baby doesn't absorb everything you eat.
    Agree with TVH. I happen to flip through my elder daughter milestone that day..noted that at around the same weeks...my weight that I put on this time round is lesser than previous time but the estimated weight for my little scorpio is heavier than my elder daughter.. so dont't worry too much..most impt is that your baby is growing well and healthy.

Imperial Concubine
    Dragontail. .ya singapore general hospital more convenient for me
    ..oh gosh I feel so warm today. Slept until perspire!

The terrible weather is making me so unwell...

latest list

Littlej - 3rd October 2013
    TVH - 15 October 2013
    Natalie - 25 October 2013
    Thelay - 14 November 2013
    Rav - 30 November 2013
    MissA - 15 December 2013
    Gnissim - 17 January 2014
    Missy10 - 23 January 2014
    happilymarried - 6 Feb 2014
    Gabrielle86 - 7 Feb 2014
    Wantonmee - 15 March 2014
    ebichan -
    tricky - 22 April 2014
    quincy -

Seems like I will be the last to pop for 2013!

Imperial Concubine

Missa last pop for 2013.
    me first on 2014.
    Missy10 for the last snakey.
    Happilymarried for the first horsy.

hope the list get more n more!

Worthy Lady
    Thank you ebichan and happilymarried..

I think its gas.. my stomache is ok now.. but yesterday I go to bed without eating anything and this morning have faint spell.. I think my sugar level drop.. while I feel giddy.. my daughter keep moving.. feel so uncomfortable. .. I wonder why she have so much energy... sigh..

The list will be longer..

These days littlehamster is quiet...

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay View Post
    Thank you ebichan and happilymarried..

I think its gas.. my stomache is ok now.. but yesterday I go to bed without eating anything and this morning have faint spell.. I think my sugar level drop.. while I feel giddy.. my daughter keep moving.. feel so uncomfortable. .. I wonder why she have so much energy... sigh..

The list will be longer..

These days littlehamster is quiet...
    Hope you're feelin better, Thelay!! YA I realise littlehamster is mia! maybe got good news!?

Good morning!!!

Tvh - only 9kg??? *envious* mine is double of yours. Sigh...

Happilymarried - hahaha - 我会努力减肥! Already booked my massage lady for 10 sessions and bought a belly band.

I had numbness before too.. Anyway I do some leg stretching before I zzz - the point toes and flex back... As well as some hand exercises - the clench fist and release fingers... And pelvic floor... So I find it helps to reduce cramps and numbness. You may wanna try. Hahaha I very busy before I zzz I know =p

Ebichan - as the rest have said - dont worry about the weight gain. Most important is baby growing well. Well - guys tend to be more cautious and less enthusiastic. During first trimester, I remembered my old man telling me dont't be so happy with each visit - we have so many more hurdles to clear with Oscar and detailed scan. And he always reminded me that if The risks are high, we have to do what we said we will do.

Dragontail - booked your tix already? So excited for you!!!

Yes - I really hope to see everyone on the list. And more horsey babies cuz me a horsey!!! Wa - i cant believe i am the first in the list - i have never been first in anything!!! =p

Those who are popping near cny and looking for confinement nannies - better book early! And erm - be prepared to pay more too. My two godsons were born during cny so quite "chor".

Jia lat - I read that one's appetite decreases in the last month cuz baby takes up more space in the tummy... But erm somehow I feel I get hungrier more frequently. Like when i woke up at 630am to pee tummy was growling - i just drank water and went back to zzz CuzI need to watch my food intake!!! doc doesn't want a hefty baby and muffin is already 3.3kg!!! Oh dear - I dont't wanna be 70kg... =(

Weather is really hot & humid today. Remember to bring water everywhere you go mummies!

Littlej: I am also hungrier. Ate alot faster too O_o hopefully I dont get heartburn.

Watching "secretly pregnant" - seriously, their lives are complex...

Imperial Concubine

I hope littleham is quiet because good news!

LittleJ
    my husband seems confident when I tell him we have many more millstones
    he seems to think its a given we will reach those
    maybe good to have one confident one cautious person

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Littlej, I agree. I personally think that show quite crap. They can get pregnant so many times too. It makes it seem as if getting pregnant is such an easy task. I already stopped watching that show cos I think it is so screwed up.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by ebichan:828200
    I hope littleham is quiet because good news!

LittleJ
    my husband seems confident when I tell him we have many more millstones
    he seems to think its a given we will reach those
    maybe good to have one confident one cautious person
    I didn't tell my hubby much about the milestones but he would acc me to appts if he could....maybe we both have this perception of whatever will happen will bound to happen...or maybe it is because that this is the 2nd one...I dont know. .

But I do think that men in general dont wear their heart on their sleeves..so their reactions are not so big but you can see from some of their expression s or body language that they are happy.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by TVH:828201
    Littlej, I agree. I personally think that show quite crap. They can get pregnant so many times too. It makes it seem as if getting pregnant is such an easy task. I already stopped watching that show cos I think it is so screwed up.
    Erm..I prefer to watch one born every minute, deliver me, baby story, quints by surprise. ..dont't like secretly pregnant..

Hahaha. Actually I dont't watch much tv - didnt even know there is such a channel. But oh my - I think I watched some baby delivery program and whilst I thought very sweet when the baby is born but gosh what happens before that is scary!!! contractions, shakey fingers when epidural is administered... i think i just scared myself... Now thinking if I should just do c sect with ga... =(

Oh Dragontail - I just downloaded carpenters 35th anniversary gold album. Hahaha. Can't get "top of the world" out of my head.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:828232
    Hahaha. Actually I dont't watch much tv - didnt even know there is such a channel. But oh my - I think I watched some baby delivery program and whilst I thought very sweet when the baby is born but gosh what happens before that is scary!!! contractions, shakey fingers when epidural is administered... i think i just scared myself... Now thinking if I should just do c sect with ga... =(

Oh Dragontail - I just downloaded carpenters 35th anniversary gold album. Hahaha. Can't get "top of the world" out of my head.
    No worries ...you would feel all is worth it when you see your muffin

Quote Originally Posted by littlej:828232

Hugs littlej. Truth is that all of us will have that fear no matter what. Seeing & holding muffin right after birth will be worth it. If you r under GA, you will miss all that. Thats my opinion. Plus only some will have side effects of trembling & puking with the epidural not all. Jiayou!!!

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by rav3naers View Post
    Hugs littlej. Truth is that all of us will have that fear no matter what. Seeing & holding muffin right after birth will be worth it. If you r under GA, you will miss all that. Thats my opinion. Plus only some will have side effects of trembling & puking with the epidural not all. Jiayou!!!
    Is C section always with GA? not local?

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by ebichan:828269
    Quote Originally Posted by rav3naers View Post
    Is C section always with GA? not local?
    Is either GA or epidural

Worthy Lady
    I just read some blogs about how they endure without epidural. .

I wonder why suffer when there is way to avoid it.. hee.. maybe I am so selfish and not motherly enough.

Dragontail .. Congrats to your sis! Is your sis consulting Dr Sadhana cos I understand she prefers day 5 transfer. Yes Kandang Kerbau Hospital has no waiting list surprisingly while NUH has a waiting list of 2-3 months.

Ebichan there is actually local anesthesia with C-section but not many will dare to see their abdomen being cut open .. My sis in law opted for GA instead of local for her c-section. Congrats on hearing the heartbeat!

Superwoman, thank you! Her first scan is 1Oct. I'm hoping to take time off to see the scan with her. I'm so excited to catch first glimpse of the beanie(s hopefully!). Yes she is under Dr Sadhana.

Thelay, please dont feel any less "motherly". I believe every mommy has her perference/threshold in receiving the newborn. Opting for "less painful" procedure doesnt make you any difference from a mommy who wants to go gungho style. I always think I am very brave... I always think if others can do it, so can I. But I tell you, this is all say only. I'm ready to admit defeat if one day I'm faced with the extreme beyond my imagination. I'll say, just go with what you're comfortable with your own body.

Littlej, so are you playing Carpenters on repeat mode today? Yes, I've just booked my trip I'm flying on the day of my hubby's birthday. Oops. But he got give me blessings l.a. I'm making it up by doing a staycation with him then next day I will fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:828275
    I just read some blogs about how they endure without epidural. .

I wonder why suffer when there is way to avoid it.. hee.. maybe I am so selfish and not motherly enough.
    Thelay: Women in the past got no choice but to endure the pain with higher risks to mother & child. Now we have options. dont bother with those nazi-mums who thinks less of those who chose to reduce the pain. Just try to the best of our ability to use as little drug as possible.