Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Littlej, I have seen how epidural needles are in books! Before delivery I was so scared.. Cos I'm a person ...

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Littlej, I have seen how epidural needles are in books! Before delivery I was so scared.. Cos I'm a person who is so scare of needles poking, drawing of blood etc.. However at the pt of my delivery, the contractions was so bad that I could bear and hack just give me the epidural.. Before epi, I nearly broke my hub's arm.. Straight after it was administrate less than 5mins I was actually relaxing and reading newspaper.. Lol
    Oh i guess I'm one of the lucky one who has no side effect of the epi..
    When the time comes, you will just do as you deem fit.. So pls dont't scare yourself.. Hehe

Dragontail - so when are you flying off?? And when will you be back?? We will miss you...

It has been a very satisfying day for me. Other than scaring myself with birthing programs on discovery, I finished a good book whilst listening to the carpenters (yeap Dragontail - on repeat!)... "A house in the sky" - the book I read - really good and captivating. Also spent time with my brother... i am relishing these moments before muffin pops. =)

So yeah the reason why I am still awake is not because of work but because of a good book!!

Good nite everyone...

Imperial Concubine
    Wow dragontail you have booked your tickets! So exciting. ..enjoy yourself. When you flying?

Sunday!!!

Littlej, poohy, me going 14oct and back 21oct. My sis place got internet...can still come in here except there's 3days we'll be spending at jiu zai gou. She told me there'll be a lot of walking and I better build my stamina. Haa I guess walking and climbing should be ok for me .

how's everyone's plan for today? I got last min invitation to F1 today. Wah I never been to F1 before. But I guess go and experience. And we will be seated near the padang. Dont even know who will performing. I dont know I can "dong" till they come or not as you know how big shots like to make their fans wait! See this auntie can keep eyes open for how long...

Morning ladies

Dragontail - hope you enjoy your F1 race,

I have a problem here....

Im not hiring confinement nanny as it will be during CNY period and its extremely not worth...

Initially my mum suggested she will cook confinement food for me(of cos mum know best what i like/dont like) at my own house, and bath my baby before she head for work in the afternoon

But now mother in law also offered help, as she know my mum suffered from mild stroke recently.... she suggested I stay at her house, meaning to squeeze with them (me, hubby, 2xBIL, parent in law) in a 4room flat....
    Then she will do morning shift, and come back in the afternoon....

If i stay at my own house, it will be trouble for both mum to drop by my house everyday....

If i stay at my mum place, meaning after my mum cook and bath in the morning and Im left all alone with baby from 2pm onwards till my dad comes back around 6pm
    mother in law will feel paiseh to go over in the afternoon

If i stay at parent in law place, meaning im left all alone with baby the whole morning till mother in law comes back around 2pm
    Provided my mum still cook for me

Im in a dilemma, how am i going to do the arrangement with best of both world....

Btw both my parent n parent in law stays in the same town...

Sorry for the long post...

Imperial Concubine
    Missy10...why not order confinement food instead then less taxing on your mothers? For confinement..I prefer stay own house actually. My mom came over my house in the day and I look after baby at night. She take day shift.

Good morning!!!

Dragontail - go go go! Bring earplugs for the race. I went in the first year... Quite fun . I think you can park at either one raffles quay or one marina boulevard - but go in by Ecp route - avoid cte / havelock road exit.

Dragontail - nice!!! Must take pix and show us ok? What is at jiu zai gou?? Bring good walking shoes.

Missy10 - I agree with poohy. Personally I feel that home is best and confinement already cannot bath and shower plus need to breast feed etc - it could be a bit "suffocating" to stay in a place where there are so many ppl! Cny some more - what if ppl come visiting?!? If you stay at your own house, at least you can tell ppl not to visit (I think ppl not allowed to visit you during cny if you are under confinement)... You need to be comfortable... dont't worry about taxing the older generation. As it is, you have to think about yourself and baby too. So ya - if I were you, I'd stay at my own place, order confinement food, and well if either my mum or mother in law can come over to help - that would be good. If not - I have to live for myself!!!

Missy10, can I know how much difference a CL would cost during cny?

Personally I feel some things cannot save when it comes to confinement. I know it must be very expensive to hire this helper but imagine all the stuff being taken care of, both on you and your baby. You can get much rest needed. My lady boss shared this with me .

My teammate who just had the twins, also save money on CL. And they dont't exactly have the help they need at home. Every day I see my teammate very tired as he hardly has much sleep.

Those few hours when your PILs are at work, might be moments you really need helping hands, be it you are at your own place or have moved to your inlaws.

That's just my thoughts. Hope something good planned up for you, missy10!

I was flipping through the papers yesterday... At the obituary section, i Found out that my dog lost a very good friend. He helps to look after my dog whenever I travel and has never failed to send me pix and video of my dog. He also plays with my dog everytime I send her for doggy daycare at the centre which he co-owns with his wife. He has seen my dog grow from a 6 month old puppy to this 2+ year old doggy. He is only 51 years old. He is always cheery and happy - everytime i see him. May god welcome him with open arms and bless his family with peace and comfort.

I then tried to put myself in the shoes of the living spouse (who also saw my dog grow up) and tried to imagine how i would feel if i were her - having my hubby gone at such a young age... I mean 51 years old is only 16 years older than me...

I realized, how fragile life is. And what's important, to treasure every single moment with our loved ones. dont't take ourselves and our loved ones for granted. Live life happily. Do what we wanna do. Grasp every single moment. If trying to concieve-ing, dont't get despondent if it doesn't work out. Try again. Consider alternative means if it works for both parties. But never never allow the love to fizzle off just because the spermy no want to meet the egg. Treasure the relationship. If preggers, enjoy the journey - every single ailment and moment. One never knows what tomorrow may bring.

When I saw the obituary, it came as a surprise. I mean - I knew he was not well - but I also knew he was fighting all he can but eventually accepted that death was coming and lived his life to the fullest every single moment at the last stage. He was an inspiration.

I wish I can attend the wake but I know I can't. I sent a sympathy stand instead...

(Btw - why am I reading obituaries... It is a weird habit of mine - if I have access to papers, I'll read obituaries to remind me to treasure mortality and health =)

Sorry to sound so sad on a sun morning.

Littlej, I cant agree more on your last post. As I grow older, I find I dont get picky on my other half anymore. I treasure each moment because nobody knows who/what will be staying tomorrow.

51 is young. That's like 10 years away from mine....

May your friend rest in peace.

Oh missy10 - btw my best friend who had her first kid during cny - never regretted her decision to pay the higher fees charged for a CL. Both her mum and mother in law not working somemore but she just wanted to learn on her own with the help of CL and you know how - despite best intentions, mothers and mother in law may have differing opinions on how to bring up baby. But for her second baby who was born during CNY too - she didnt get a CL cuz she already knew what to do and just ordered confinement food.

So erm ya - if I were you - I'd just close one eye and pay for CL. But if really no choice then I'd opt for confinement food ordered and stay at my own house. At least my own turf. Btw - you might wanna try PEM? I getting my CL from there and they quoted me a cheaper rate than those freelance ones! I requested for a specific nanny whom my friend used before.

missy10, I agree with poohy and littlej. you must be comfortable during confinement and if you need to satisfy both sides, stay at your own home. also agree that hiring a CL would be best for you since its first time. some parents want the best for you but they may not be/know the best for your confinement.

i stayed with my mum (cus have not't got my own place) and also hired a CL and never regretted iy. CL doubled up as a maid helping to do household chores besides caring for me and baby, cooking sumptuous food as well. the onr month confinement is when you need utmost rest, lying down on the bed most of the time other than breastfeeding and playing w baby awhile. other than that, best not to keep on carrying baby to regain and recuperate your body.

Quote Originally Posted by poohy:828323
    Missy10...why not order confinement food instead then less taxing on your mothers? For confinement..I prefer stay own house actually. My mom came over my house in the day and I look after baby at night. She take day shift.
    Missy10: Poohy has a point. Can order confinement tingkat. but then again my bestie regretted not hiring a confinement lady, she saw how tired her mum got with all the cooking & misc stuff that she also stressed. you r paying for the confinement, you can let her do all the nitty gritty stuff while you rest. Whereas you will feel heartpain for your own mum or mother in law.
    Last edited by rav3naers; 22-09-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Worthy Lady
    Erm...I didn't engage any confinement lady for my elder girl..my mother is my confinement lady..hehe..she mostly wash our clothes, bathe my girl and cook my meals..as I am breastfeeding with direct latch on, I would feed her, change her diapers, sleep when she does to catch up on my rest...

It would be the same this time round. .still I think it really depends on each person preferences. . Especially I heard about not so good things about CL but there are others who are good..

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

The rates for cl during cny would be at least 3.5k and above.. Current rate is 2.2-2.4k during non-cny period..
    For me, I never regretted engaging a cl for my first one.. It is definitely less stressful having own mom and mother in law taking care.. For my mother in law she is not helping anyway in fact she wanted me to get a cl so that she can eat and sleep peacefully!
    For my current pregnancy, my cl has such telepathy with me.. In fact I wanted to call her only after I have hear the heartbeat after the last episode. However she call me up and ask if I'm pregnant already cos she somehow have a feeling that I might be.. Since there is other ppl going to engage her on April she says she better call me before she takes up the job.. We are in very close term and my mother in law become very good friends with her too.. Lol

Thanks for all advises..... i will to discuss witg hubby, cos now he is another one who dont understand how a first time mum can be.... i told him i wanna stay at my own house or even at my mum place(i just moved out last dec) than staying at his parents' place with only 2 women(me n mother in law), very inconvenient..... then his answer is I just want best of both world....

Missy10 - threaten hubby with post partum depression... =p anyway easy for him to say - he not the one who give birth and breast feed .

I have been avoiding cold stuff for months but today I just ate a big cup of yoguru with crunchy almonds. Omg so delicious .

Littlej, jiu zai gou is a nature reserve in 四川. It's a beautiful scenic spot with mountains and valleys and waterfalls.

Oh Dragontail- did you get the natural flavor?hee hee - my fav is natural with almonds from yoguru. I had that 2 days ago =) ooooo sounds nice!! Take pix and show us!!!

Littlej I had the coconut flavor. Looks like new? I asked for pomegranate but they have discontinued this flavor. Haa...shows how long I havent had yoguru. Cant really taste much coconut. But it sure is yummy. I will eat it again next week!

At F1. Wow wow wow. These machines finally come to life from tv screen! Actually I have always dream I can be in one of them! Must be getting all the adrenaline there.

Imperial Concubine
    Missy10 think critical that your hubby understand about the inconveniences if staying with many guys at home. I also gave birth around cny.. no doubt confinement food is exp but again its only for a month...and main thing is to get enough proper rest than any other things esp first time mom.

Vrrrroooommmm!!!! Dragontail!!!

Imperial Concubine
    Dragontail so controlled..never take cold. I always take. ...oppss..spore weather. .cannot tahan dont take . Esp these few days...ice cream ..ice cold water.

Poohy, haha ya I was quite good gal. This round, when my af came, I straight away bought magnum to eat. Lol eat revenge.

Talking about af, my this round mense was very light. Came on last thur and ended yesterday. All 3 days light flow. Even now also dont have much spotting when usually I would spot for a couple of days before all clean. Think the medicine kinda messed up my af.

Imperial Concubine
    Haha dragontail. ..I also just ate one magnum! Drank loads of cold soft drink during lunch coz I kept perspiring. ....drink 100plus etc. Im a gone case. ..haha.
    Hows your f1 race? Im watching on tv...sometimes they yak so fast I also dont know what they narrating.