Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Poohy indeed the weather has been bad. I was already having headache last night. And now still a little throbbing. ...

Poohy indeed the weather has been bad. I was already having headache last night. And now still a little throbbing. Hot hot hot.

Now that im at the F1, I realise even more that it's such a lucrative event! Even the kebab wrap that tastes like s*it already costs 12bucks -_-

This is how near we are! 10 more laps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130922_214056.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	112026  
    poohy likes this.

Imperial Concubine
    Ya must drink lots of water...you should drink more now that you outside. Wah $12? Next year I go there sell curry puff and water .
    happilymarried likes this.

hi ladies Any one did hsg at thomson before. I am ask by dr chen at Thomson Medical Center to do if my witch come..very scare

Wa Dragontail - that is very near!!! Hope you had your earplugs? are you at Padang now prancing to Rihanna?

Yes f1 is world class Tourist event. Of course everything will be world class tourist price - quality doesn't matter.

Seems like is a quiet Sunday....

I spent my weekend at my mum's. and stayed over last night. Suddenly now back to my own place and old man just went to his grandma place - i kinda miss the boisterous / secure feeling of having my mum, stepdad and brother under the same roof. =(

Fangning - I did hsg at gleneagles. dont't know how it is like at Thomson Medical Center but guess should be similar. The trick is to relax. =)

Worthy Lady
    Good morning to all ladies with lots of baby dusts...

Do you all know what is baby position at third trimester?.. my baby seems staying sideway.. head on right on leg on my left..

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:828488
    Good morning to all ladies with lots of baby dusts...

Do you all know what is baby position at third trimester?.. my baby seems staying sideway.. head on right on leg on my left..
    Morning Thelay!
    My baby seems to be in the same position as your girl too. I will ask gynae tomorrow during my appt. I read in the dec mummies forum that got a few already heads down. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:828421
    Poohy indeed the weather has been bad. I was already having headache last night. And now still a little throbbing. Hot hot hot.

Now that im at the F1, I realise even more that it's such a lucrative event! Even the kebab wrap that tastes like s*it already costs 12bucks -_-

This is how near we are! 10 more laps!
    Wow! Thats close and bet its super loud. But exciting right? they sure take the chance to chop ppl there, not everyday got chance to watch F1.

your awaited trip is coming soon! Yay! Do enjoy yourself.
    Last edited by rav3naers; 23-09-2013 at 09:00 AM.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    My baby is heads down but not engaged yet. Baby can still change position. Some gynaes can help turn baby to face downwards. Sideways I think still ok as long as not facing upright with head on top. It will b more difficult to turn the baby.

I read you can try going on all fours at home. This position will encourage baby to tilt heads down. But just stay that position for at least 30mins everyday.

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

lucky you Dragontail, I always want to book tickets for F1 but never got the chance. I find the sensation very shiok, even with only the test cars haha

Missy10, I understand your dilema. If you can in your situation, maybe better to stay home and book a CL. Being pregnant draws all attention and favours upon you and you just hope you wont hurt any feelings. Me also in a bit of similar situation. I have to deal with my mother, my mother in law and my step mum. Of course my mother (angmoh) says she has priority over the others. My mother in law knows her position and doesnt want to interfere but my step mum is already telling me what to do and giving me advice. Quite political...
    I negociated with the husband, he will prepare the confinement food as he will take a long leave. And he's the head of our kitchen. We simply can't afford CL or catered confinement food because we are moving my mum from Europe to SG and we are looking for a place to rent for her because our place is a tiny 2 bedroom. Hubby's having headaches already.

omgosh littlej, EDD is coming soon ! so excited for you, what a journey

Morning!

My baby is upside down but also not engaged. Very 'gan chiong' cuz if not engaged - there's a high chance I need to induce. Will see doc on Thursday and see how..

Tricky - My situation is mum and step-mum. And my mum is not on speaking terms with my dad hence naturally not on speaking terms with my step mum. So that's why I decided to hire a CL. Hahaha I need to arrange for a visiting timetable when I pop to make sure my dad and stepmum and step-grandmama's timing won't coincide with my mum and stepdad and step-grandmama's timing!!! lucky I dont't have in laws to co-ordinate (as mentioned they no like me so I suppose they are not visiting) otherwise I need to hire a secretary :P

lucky my mother in law dont know how to cook or no knowledge of confinement. Very ang moh style too. Less issues. Told me that she can look after baby which I politely decline since I be a stay at home mum for at least till baby 6mths then infant care. I rather my in laws keep their good paying jobs and go on their yearly holidays. We can't afford to support their lifestyle at all. -_-" 靠自己比较少纠纷。

Imperial Concubine

littleJ, hopefully baby will be turning and engaged soon so no need to induce.
    LOL you might need to hire secretary to coordinate their schedules LOL maybe if i need part time job you can hire me. hehe Just Kidding

actually ive been reading a lot of about hiring of confinement lady
    so if i understand correctly, they help you to recover and can offer food you like or is good for expelling gas, etc right
    I am not planning on any confinement lady or confinement meals as I am not used to chinese soups etc etc
    But does a confinement lady do massage? those wrap tummy type of different?

Ebichan: Confinement is for mums to recover so the food they cook is very impt. Whether like it or not, I will try to eat. I hate ginger but have been training myself to eat it now coz alot of ginger in confinement food. The daily tonics serve different purposes, eg expel air, expel leftover blood, boost breastmilk. Plus help & teach you how to handle newborn. We r not advised to bend, squat and to avoid tap water so bathing baby, laundry & simple cleaning done by CL.

Depends on whether you believe in the benefits

Seen alot of programs where ang mohs go swimming 2 weeks after popping and suffer no ill effects. Eat as per normal,drink cold drinks & such.

Post natal massage is done by professional not CL. Have to hire separately.
    Last edited by rav3naers; 23-09-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    ebichan likes this.

Worthy Lady
    Ebichan.. that is different. . Cl wint do those.. you can get some malay lady to massage like 10 days pkg. Rates around 800. I am currently using mdm ida. Difficult to book lae. Now prenatal massage is 80 for 1.5 hour. You can find more in other forum.

Worthy Lady
    I m so excited for this friday.. my birthday and my gynae's appt.. hope to see her face. Last few weeks appt. She cover her face..

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:828558
    I m so excited for this friday.. my birthday and my gynae's appt.. hope to see her face. Last few weeks appt. She cover her face..
    Do post pics k? my appt is tomorrow. Start of gynae visits every 2 weeks makes one more nervous. So soon!!!

aww littlej you're too cute! i laughed at the 'hire a secretary' part! confusing but less confusing than tricky's.. oh man. luckily hubby on the same page as me after i pointed out his mum sure cannot handle newborn. my mum's already rushing for me to book a CL (probably the same one as my first) just in case, but am considering if should change? hmm well i guess my boy turned out okay at the end of one month so should not be much of an issue except that she's more inclined to FM instead of breast milk well. other than that, i think she's perfect.

just got back from lunch at nex and truthfully, have not't done any work since 9am! gotta start now, hahaha. oh yes, i gotta clear my AL and was wondering of places in asia that i could possibly explore for a week long holiday around mid-oct or end-oct? hongkong/macau/shenzhen on the top of my list but with the typhoon not sure if there'll still be the aftermath. would love cameron highlands but that's like 3days max kind so perhaps will save this for another time. just been to taiwan in march this year, sydney & melb two years ago, and i dont't exactly like beachy places. will be travelling with an 18mth old so bangkok probably outta the question? korea would be too cold and nothing to shop eh? dont mind china but gotta check out the non-affected areas (oh dragontail is yunan affected by typhoon? take care nonethless uh!). is japan really that expensive over there?

Hi all.....

Me & hubby have come to a conclusion...

I will stay over my mum's place (afterall I stay there for the past few years), then my mum(she agreed) will cook, wash my clothes(all clothes together), bathe baby before she head for work....

so for the 2-6pm time frame, my mother in law can come, but if she dont want to come, which I dont care.... Im actually pissed with what she told my hubby(i overheard) "大的不用顾,顾小的就好“, how can she say that.....

that make me more dont want to go parent in law house, told hubby, Im sure based on my character(only child syndrome) Im sure will quarrel with her.... especially when she force me to eat things i dont eat....

so leave it to hubby to go tell her mum... hahahahaha...... hubby always slang in hokkien 这个媳妇, 很pai si

i would be pissed too at hearing that, missy10. yay support your decision! at least hubby agrees with you too. how can like that! 2pm-6pm will pass fast with baby sleeping 2hours and breastfeeding and playing will take up the next two. glad you've got it all worked out!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/new-rules-to-require/823152.html

New employment rules so that Singaporeans come first. But I dont't get it - why restrict to jobs that pay less than $12k? This could then lead to salary disparity if hr decides to pay more to foreigner to circumvent this ruling???

Argh. Feel that it is still not a good ruling. My company employs many foreigners at higher management level - for jobs which I feel Singaporeans can qualify but usually my company just ship people from elsewhere... And then these bosses then ship in their own villages, displacing Singaporeans!!!

My Monday grouse...

Missy10 - Wa your mother in law champion. Hahaha but I think... That's what my mum would Think too (although she wouldnt say it out loud)... So now I am lapping as much attention before baby is out.

I wish I took maternity leave earlier. No mood to work now.

Wantonmee - uh... Well... Sounds like you only want city places. What about Perth / Brisbane / Gold Coast?

No offense ebichan - but personally I would advise against Japan cuz not sure of the radiation. Even if wanna go Japan - should not bring your child and if you are not pregnant and dont't intend to get pregnant too. That's the advice from my friends in the medical industry.

As for china - given the cases of child kidnapping etc - I wouldn't wanna bring an 18 month old child there too!!

Maybe I am just too kiasee - but knowing how hard it is to conceive a child - I wouldn't want to risk anything for enjoyment! The world is so big!

Where are Dragontail and happilymarried???

Imperial Concubine

superwomancgy- where are you?

Imperial Concubine

dragontail = sleeping /knock out after yesterday's F1?

Missy10: I have problem with letting my mother in law look after the baby also. can totally forget about getting her to help me with confinement because she can't cook anything herbal for nuts. until now, she didn't boil me anything except buy me those chicken essence size birdnest x 1 box (more like sugar water?!)

got once my hubby brought up the matter of looking after my baby because my parents are working so can't help. And my mother in law say, "As long as your father in law is at home . I will be at the gym during the day time."

Gym more important than their only grandson. -_-

Imperial Concubine

LittleJ, no worries re: remark on Japan and radiation.
    Not sure to what extent the government is lying to us and well we dont have much confidence in the government.
    Basically the problem is still around Fukushima, Tohoku and food that has been eased into the market by the government to "encourage" the economy.

There are hearsays about someone's someone's friend who lost a baby while there because of radiation but it's always someone's friend.
    On the other hand, there are so many pregnant women who successfully give birth to healthy babies (as far as we know for now) every other day, there.

But for the very cautious, perhaps avoid for a while until we know what is really happening.
    Well, for others, it's home so there is not much choice.