Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Wantonme, maybe I shld try crying too...maybe can get a better reaction from him...keke... usually I ignore him, after 2-3 ...

Wantonme, maybe I shld try crying too...maybe can get a better reaction from him...keke... usually I ignore him, after 2-3 days he will buay tahan and apologise.

Haha rav, try it! Sometimes I purposely squeeze out a few tears to tell him im serious about the issue and he'll come hug me and all will be good. Lol.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

wantonmee, cheer up
    pregnancy hormones does crazy things to you. I rem crying for no apparent reason during my first trimester too and a few times during my 2nd trimester. And I felt that my hubby wasn't giving me enough attention and when I needed him, he was always not around. But now 3rd trimester, too tired and heavy to feel so emo, partly becos my mind is preoccupied on the coming baby nowadays...whether there is anything else i need to buy...anything else i need to do....
    so when you are unhappy, just remember to blame your hormones, then you probably won't feel so bad

littlej, sometimes when i walk, i can feel baby dropping to my bladder. I have to stop walking in case i erm...pee..and i read that if you find that you suddenly can breathe easier, chances are your baby's engaged and ready

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by wantonmee View Post
    Ebichan, its my mum. Not that I dont like staying at my mum's place. I love it, in fact, when compared to staying at hubby's. I appreciate that my mum loves my boy endlessly and takes such good care of him so much so he calls for instead of mummy/papa when he feels unwell at night. Thing is shes a loud speaker and when I just need some peace after work, I cant. She naturally has a loud voice and a demanding tone of voice so its hard not to be pissed at when she asks for something like everyone owes her! Other than that, I love my mum. Im an only child so I know she loves me, she still makes bird nest for me every two weeks and nags me to drink fresh milk every other night (which I dont't look forward to) but if she pours then ill drink up still.

Rav & littlej, hubby knows im independent but I still am alil girl in his eyes sometimes. We're both stubborn people when we quarrel but like you, he goes soft when I cry. Hehe.
    I have the same with my mum. Mostly we have a lot of language communication issues because our first language is not the same.
    And she is very controlling and has a loud loud voice and demanding tone of voice too!! I cant take it at all.

Worthy Lady
    I m mad at him cos he never buy things for our daughter and also that day we go out for dinner and he didn't bring wallet... and this not only time..

Sometimes I feel that I dont deserve what I should. He only love his family not ours.. so irritated with him.. its not that I calculate money you know.. its just small gesture count..

Worthy Lady
    Littlej: cannot find me regarding diet..mine is due to morning sickness so cannot eat too much...

Im working until the day I pop cos now is the peak period for my job and I dont like to sit around the house. ..

why is there a need to induce? Thought that can still wait as long as baby and the water level are ok?

Thelay - dont't be angry. Maybe he thinks still got time?!? We didn't get anything for muffin until early/mid of third trimester. In fact - I just bought a bathtub only last week! And I bought it, not my old man!! I also bought many things on my own and shopping on my own too - felt like a single mama =)

Maybe you can make a list of things he die die must buy. Like car seat, pram, cot etc.

Natalie - I feel abit sian these 2 weeks especially when things get thrown to me last minute... Then I will be thinking - I wish I took maternity earlier... But you are right - I might get bored...

Oh may need to induce cuz baby is hefty. Last week was 3.3kg and not engaged... Not sure what tomorrow's visit will present - will let everyone know!

I miss Dragontail...

Thelay: I think he probably clueless on what is needed like my hubby. I just drag my husband along to buy baby stuff. I buy he pays. If ask him to buy anything, I think baby will have nothing but diapers. Lolz.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Thelay.. hugs hugs.. most hubbies will be clueless for #1.. you should just drag him go see some big ticket items like stroller, cot, car seat, and perhaps standby milk powder n diapers? you choose the brand n ask him pay.. the rest of small things like clothes.. or small items like nail clippers, baby oil, cotton buds etc etc (I know the list is long).. you can grab on your own... Dont be angry with hubby for long.. baby can feel...

Littlej, hehe... Bored .. actually you need to build up some stored energy for labour.. you dont't know how many hours... So try to take it easy n rest as much first Okie? By the way which week you stopped yoga?

Rav.. is your belly getting sharper? Hehe....

I miss Dragontail and Littlehammie.. so long no see them pop up here....

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Managed to get the pics out... Quality wise ok ... Except very troublesome.. baby's foot follow my hubby.. so obvious.. haha... very cute! Happy to share!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_00180798_12917-024_1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	112179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_00180798_12917-003_1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	112180   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_00180798_12917-017_1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	112181  

Good morning!!

Insomnia... Slept at 12, woke up at 4... Couldn't zzz... Candy crushed until no more lives...
    Still can't zzz... Since I have to be awake at 715am to go doc... I might as well not zzz now...

Happilymarried - nice pix!!! Hee hee - happier now? I stopped yoga and Pilates at week 37. Miss it though. I have met classmates who continued all the way... But my old man didnt want me to be driving too far and I didn't want to bother him driving me all around... And he didnt feel safe for me to take cab... So stopped .

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:829303
    Managed to get the pics out... Quality wise ok ... Except very troublesome.. baby's foot follow my hubby.. so obvious.. haha... very cute! Happy to share!
    So many pics! Envious. you satisfied alot of ladies here with the kkj pic . Hee

Yar...my belly looks like a torpedo head. My bro nickname me submarine. Lolz...really think that baby is in a lounging position.
    Last edited by rav3naers; 26-09-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlej:829316
    Good morning!!

Insomnia... Slept at 12, woke up at 4... Couldn't zzz... Candy crushed until no more lives...
    Still can't zzz... Since I have to be awake at 715am to go doc... I might as well not zzz now...

Happilymarried - nice pix!!! Hee hee - happier now? I stopped yoga and Pilates at week 37. Miss it though. I have met classmates who continued all the way... But my old man didnt want me to be driving too far and I didn't want to bother him driving me all around... And he didnt feel safe for me to take cab... So stopped .
    Arghh..Toss & turn interrupted sleep, also woke up at 4 but to pee. Can't get back to sleep too. Getting thru today will be difficult. X_x wish I could stay home. My side also shortage of ppl now. dont know can start maternity 2 weeks before edd or not. Gahhhh! So difficult to hire ppl nowadays.

Worthy Lady
    Lol.. we all have same complaints..

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:829321
    Lol.. we all have same complaints..
    Nearing end of the year probably the reason? All holiday mood. Having ppl calling for the job but didnt appear to fill up the forms. Very irritating.

Thelay, you booked your ward already? Chose single bedder, didnt want to be disturbed by visitors of other patients. Was given a breakdown of the estimated bill. Epi cost $800 now. Omg...will cost around 5-6k even at NUH.
    Last edited by rav3naers; 26-09-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Worthy Lady
    Rav.. I booked ald. Need to do registration tomorrow. They will only give me adimission letter tomorrow. Last appt at 31 weeks still early..

Happilymarried, littlej.. thanks. But its not calculating who pay. He dont do automatic whithout I saying things. I told him if I need to tell you every single things I want you to do, I rather tell my maid.. I regretted telling him this.. I think he also angry with my words.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:829291
    Thelay - dont't be angry. Maybe he thinks still got time?!? We didn't get anything for muffin until early/mid of third trimester. In fact - I just bought a bathtub only last week! And I bought it, not my old man!! I also bought many things on my own and shopping on my own too - felt like a single mama =)

Maybe you can make a list of things he die die must buy. Like car seat, pram, cot etc.

Natalie - I feel abit sian these 2 weeks especially when things get thrown to me last minute... Then I will be thinking - I wish I took maternity earlier... But you are right - I might get bored...

Oh may need to induce cuz baby is hefty. Last week was 3.3kg and not engaged... Not sure what tomorrow's visit will present - will let everyone know!

I miss Dragontail...
    Oic..but I always feel that whenever I wanna take leave, there are surely urgent things that would come up..even though it has been peaceful previously. .haha.

If the gynae really advise you that the baby need to be induced , then no choice ..do update us ok...

Awww... Thelay - well - just tell hubby straight off then. I mean, that's what I would do if I were you. Rather have a guy whom you need him on what to do... Than have a guy who tells you what he wants to do right? Or worse a guy who tells you what he wants to do and never do it!!!

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:829326
    Awww... Thelay - well - just tell hubby straight off then. I mean, that's what I would do if I were you. Rather have a guy whom you need him on what to do... Than have a guy who tells you what he wants to do right? Or worse a guy who tells you what he wants to do and never do it!!!
    I would usually tell my hubby what I need him to do ..dont wanna assume that he will read my mind cos that will cause more unhappiness. ..thats my take ..if I need him to pay something. .I would tell him straight. .take out your wallet. Hehe

This morning woke up my ears very itchy! Hehe.

Sorry mia these few days. Was just focusing my time on work and sleeping early. Lately by 10pm I got very tired. Haha so it's true I need one week now to recuperate from one late night. Work is loaded especially I will be on leave and I just got a new business deal (yay) which I've been following up closely and now it's time to go into real action. The fulfilment. So I'm trying to rush to complete it before I leave for my trip.

I'm now at the car service centre. My car is 3yrs old today. ..got a free health check on this last day of warranty. My turn soon. Chat later!!

Worthy Lady
    Thanks all for your advice..

Btw.. do you all know whether we entitle to have childcare leave this year? If I pop in nov. Then when my maternity leave finish its next year ald. Will I waste ch leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:829324
    Rav.. I booked ald. Need to do registration tomorrow. They will only give me adimission letter tomorrow. Last appt at 31 weeks still early..

Happilymarried, littlej.. thanks. But its not calculating who pay. He dont do automatic whithout I saying things. I told him if I need to tell you every single things I want you to do, I rather tell my maid.. I regretted telling him this.. I think he also angry with my words.
    I also grin & tell my hubby " You pay you pay!". Lolz. Men are really clueless....try not to blame them too much. you see most of the ladies here have similar issues with their hubbies too. dont't be too upset, Thelay.

Worthy Lady
    I think only tv shows have romatic guys.. I feel the feeling different when you ask and they do without you need to ask..

sometimes I feel he at home or not at home no difference... he either glue his face to tv, computer. Dont care what happen to me.

Dont know what will happen when our daughter arrive..

And actually I also stupid . Sometimes we go out I not very patient, so I always take out my wallet first..

but he still give me money if I tell him or I take money from his wallet or acct, he dont say anything.

Maybe I m hoping too much or greedy.

Got 2-3hrs free slot. Having my yakun breakkie now.

Thelay, wantonmee, Happilymarried. Hope you gals are feeling much better today. It's thur. My fav day!

Thelay, men usually quite blur one. Sometimes when food comes, he also thinks it's free meal. I mean if we eat restaurant, he will remember to ask for bill. But if say hawker, when food comes, he will forget to pay. I understand it's not being calculative here...it's a nice gesture from the men to take out his wallet. Sometimes I also mind about this gesture so when food comes, and he forgets, I will just sit there do nothing also. Then the poor hawker will stand there waiting. Haha usually with that, my hubby will realise it and feel paisay. And quickly pay the fellow.

Of course at times I pay too . Honestly living with my inlaws, I dont need to pay a single cent. My hubby will pay my mother in law a token money every month for us both. So I also zidong pay other expenses for the family whenever I can.

Thelay, maybe you can talk to your hubby on this concern. I mean you both are one....nothing awkward to discuss on. Relationship is all about communication and striving to making it better and of course happier

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Thelay, govt policy is such that first 8 weeks is a whole stretch and the rest of the 8 weeks is flexible. For me, I would be taking my first 8 weeks, go back office one day to submit child's birth cert in order for HR to grant me the 6 days childcare leave then continue the rest of the 8 weeks from there. you can check your company policy also