Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Morning all, im attending WBB breastfeeding techniques today...

Morning all, im attending WBB breastfeeding techniques today

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Morning...just saw my gynae....he said my amniotic fluid slightly low....if too low, might have to induce and he said my cervix not yet dilated but baby's head is already very low although not engaged yet....my baby only weighs 2.7kg now....I hope he gets to least 3kg when I pop....

Quote Originally Posted by TVH:829661
    Morning...just saw my gynae....he said my amniotic fluid slightly low....if too low, might have to induce and he said my cervix not yet dilated but baby's head is already very low although not engaged yet....my baby only weighs 2.7kg now....I hope he gets to least 3kg when I pop....
    TVH - dont worry, its estimated weight right, im sure baby will weigh more when you pop....

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Hello!!

Today is officially my last day of work!!! And no more work for the next 5 months!! All the way until 28 Feb 2014!!! Oh my - I think I'm going to miss work though... Hmm... Will update how I feel on Monday

Water retention - According to WBB - try to massage from back of ankles working up to calves. Also, try to walk more frequently. Oh - and i think it works to have your feet propped on a pillow when you sleep.

rav / happilymarried - Are you signing up for parentcraft classes?

happilymarried - my pooch looks like a lizard now. ahhaha. so not used to seeing her new hairstyle. my old man doesn't wanna have sex with me right now. if i knew that the last time we made out (was it 1 or 2 months ago???) was gonna be the very last session - i would have so treasured it...

wahahah - ok ok i will share stories.. for all you know - may be i'll be so bored in the observation ward before delivery that i'll be spamming this thread. i'm so going to bring my extra power charger.. maybe should bring my extra phone too.. :P

Hey TVH - Doc Tham believes that smaller babies are better - best if <3KG. Easier to deliver. Especially since you're opting for no epidural right.

Have you done your CTG yet?

Anyway - we can only do what we can. The rest is really up to the big man up there or nature or whoever you believe in. For me - I can walk, do squats, eat curry etc (old wives' tales to help with gravity) or even try to force myself on my husband (highly unlikely!) - but if muffin continues to grow and not engaging.. then if I need to induce or even go for c-sect also no choice... I tried my best already.

Quote Originally Posted by TVH:829661
    TVH, dont't worry too much. My bestie also fluid low same condition. Also pop at full term. jiayou jiayou! Happy tots!

Wah littlej! Hee...so work all cleared I presume. No need so guut lat already! Yay! I will be attending NUH one day express class next sat. Their normal 8 session classes all fully booked. sigh. Bo pian can only hope to absorb as much as info as I can in a day. >_>

Worthy Lady
    Had done appt today. Baby go down ald.. she is 2.1 now. I loose weight this week. around 500 grm. Lol

So far total gain 12kg.

Baby have grumpy face today. Maybe angry that I m not talking to her dad.. lol..

Thanks rav for the bd wish. I saw on mummy's market facebook. Baby Bjourn active mesh (have back support) selling 168 or 178 at expo fair on 4th oct. Good deal. I bought with 199 at taka fair..

Do you all think nursing pillow is needed? Which one you all recommend?

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Thanks ladies...I'm just hoping that everything is alright at birth...because my gynae said if by nxt week, the fluid level remains low, might need to induce...i'm hoping not to...

Littlej, I have not't done my CTG because the labour ward at Gleneagles is undergoing renovation and there is no ward available when I went! To think I woke up at 6.30am today just to be there early for the scan! I was told the number of labour wards is cut by half due to renovation -__-
    I just hope when I deliver, they will be done with the reno....sigh...things like not going my way suddenly...

My gynae did an internal examination for me just now and maybe I was too nervous, my facial expresion was like . It was really uncomfortable, especially when my gynae put his fingers in to feel for my pelvic bone...it's like he's trying to dig something....and then after that he told me, this you already cannot stand, i think you need medicine (indicating epidural) when you deliver....i was like . Maybe too long never do happy happy with my hubby, my down there dont't feel as stretchy mar..and some more gynae finger is a foreign object to me mar...sob...

I asked him what I can do to improve the fluid condition, he said take it easy and rest...so I think i will start my leave earlier...

TVH - Hahah the emoticons you used are super funny!!! How did you insert them in! are you waiting for the labor ward now to wait for CTG?

Anyway - yeah - I felt a bit uncomfortable when doc did my cervix check. But at least he told me to breathe in and out deeply first.. then told me to tell him if it hurts.. and as usual I yapped away t- I was telling him I have been watching "Deliver Me" and I dont't know if I'm scaring myself or prepping myself. And was asking him if he has kids.. Wahahaha.. So that's how I distracted myself. My old man thought I was quite 'fan'. Maybe this might help you??

Are you excited to see your lil' prince soon?? For me- doc said my water still a lot so that's why he's ok with me waiting one more week. Just that baby's weight is a concern. I woke up this morning wondering if I should just go ahead to do a c-sect since baby might be a bit hefty and I dont't want stuck shoulders or a big tear... conflicting thoughts running through my mind!!!

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

oh I'm using my desktop to type cos mobile can't use the emoticons i think...haha

I didn't wait for the CTG, my gynae said it's ok to miss this time round but next week must definitely do because need to find out baby's heartbeat to see if he is distressed...I didn't talk to my gynae much cos I was too uncomfortable....I only asked him questions to clear my doubts...the fact that he would be away on the week of my EDD also bothers me abit...so i'm hoping baby arrives one week earlier in order to catch my gynae...

i can understand...haha...i'm worried about the tears also...and also, i think i'm more freaked out by the idea of episiotomy than the contractions itself...but many of my friends told me...by that time, the pain from your contractions would seriously cover up whatever pain you might feel when you push your baby out....

did your gynae advise you to do c sect ? I think it depends on your pelvin bone structure too...some ppl have no problem pushing baby out even though baby is big...

Worthy Lady
    Littlej and tvh.. di you all try Perineal massage? Heard it helps with the epitosomy. .

Wooo today's topics are about THE moment! I feel like congratulating everyone whom have graduated and come this far. All the chats and rants....although I'm lagging behind, it has been a wonderful journey past months having you all by my side, in the virtual world. I think likely we may see less of some in the months to come because I am sure a new member into the family gonna suck up your time and energy. I shall say in advance I will miss you

Another busy day. And so many things to look forward to. Enjoy your tgif

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:829690
    Littlej and tvh.. di you all try Perineal massage? Heard it helps with the epitosomy. .
    They say can ask hubby to help. Involves putting fingers in with dont know what type of oil and actually stretching it bit by bit, right? @_@

Epitosomy is not a routine procedure now. Probably will discuss gynae's take on it, hope that birthing is really easier for ppl with wide hips.
    Last edited by rav3naers; 27-09-2013 at 02:09 PM.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Dragontail, will definitely miss you gals too! And I dont't think I will just disappear..maybe just very few postings...even now, I'm reading this thread everyday even though I dont't post...you ladies have been with me every step of this journey, sometimes even more so than my own hubby!

Thelay, I didn't try perineal massage although I keep bugging my hubby to...I dont't dare to insert my fingers myself...
    Rav, you are right...can ask hubby to help provided he knows how to...can use vitamin E oil as lubricant if i'm not wrong...ask him to read instructions first...dont't anyhow anyhow....haha

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Rav I attended the morn talk on caring for new born.. will go take a look at their hall selling stuff now at level 4 hall... I saw some discounts earlier.. you may want to come early tomorrow or sunday n take a look.. but lots n lots of prams n running toddlers... Have to be careful...

Rav I saw this at the suntec fair... I m tempted to buy... Cuz bundle.. easier than piece meal for me...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0088.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	112295  

My waterbag burst!!!

I am now in the observation ward, hooked up to ctg.

No pain yet..

Oh. I didn't do perineal massage too. Wahahaha guess it is too late =p

So waterbag bursting story - I thought it was discharge. Then later my old man (who thankfully bought lunch back) said how can discharge seep through 3 pads, 3 panties and 3 shorts. Took a shower and came to hospital and nurse verified it is waterbag.

I am so blur !!

Littlej!!!! Omg omg!!!! Excited for you!!! I'm standing by for your updates!! Where did your water bag burst? How did you get yourself to hospital? Is hubby there with you already? Remember to drink your chicken essence later on...

Hahaha!!! you changed 3 pads 3 panties & 3 shorts before you realised it's water bag fluid?

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Oh wow littlej!! I suddenly feel very excited !!!! Keep us updated!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by littlej:829736
    My waterbag burst!!!

I am now in the observation ward, hooked up to ctg.

No pain yet..
    Wahhh!!! Muffin timing so good! Know mummy last day or work ! you know maybe your pain threshold is better than you think. Ganbatte! Have a smooth delivery!!!
    Last edited by rav3naers; 27-09-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:829732
    Rav I saw this at the suntec fair... I m tempted to buy... Cuz bundle.. easier than piece meal for me...
    Looks like a good deal.

ooohhhh littlej, keep us updated !!