Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Wontonmee! Congrats!! Now you have a 好!! Littlej, hope you have a speedy recovery after popping muffin... Looking forward to ...

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Wontonmee! Congrats!! Now you have a 好!!

Littlej, hope you have a speedy recovery after popping muffin... Looking forward to hear from you!

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Littlej... Hope both of you are fine and healthy.. Rest well and have a speed recovery...

Worthy Lady
    Everyone silently waiting for littlej's post.. hee hee...

Ditto here. Been checking here every hour. Patiently.

Me too... I can't wait to hear fr our dear Littlej....

Imperial Concubine

Me three! I can't wait for littleJ's words!!!

littlej shld be resting after 24hours of labour uh! where are you babe!

Hello everyone, hope some of you remember me.. I was following through the thread but was not able to contribute much as was busy with work, wrap up at work and an overseas trip to meet my parents,inlaws..

I am at 32 weeks now..alls going well..have started my maternity leave early as I wanted to take break and take rest..
    I am very happy for all the ladies here who have conceived and also for those who are on the path of a successful journey..wishing lots of good luck to all of you..

littlej, hope you had a smooth delivery, hope you and baby are doing all well and takig rest..
    It is very exciting to follow live updates on delivery, looking forward to share my experience too..

Hello. I am drifting in and out of groggy-ness.

Had an emergency csect and opted for ga.

Will update later ok.

Well done littlej!!! Please rest well. Hugs.

Littlej, sleep, rest n recover well Okie? Great to hear fr you!

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Rest well littlej!!

Worthy Lady
    Glad that both of you r fine. Rest well and big congratulations. .

Worthy Lady
    Welcome back happysoul... you and me one week apart.. you r having princess also right? Where r you delivering..

littlej, take care and rest well..glad to hear from you..

Thelay, thanks for the welcome..me and my hubby want the gender to be a surprise so we have not't checked the gender during the scans..I would be delivering at Gleneagles..how about you?

Hi everyone! Thanks for everyone's concern. Sorry for the delayed telecast from Thomson Medical Center =)

At 7am - after a good dump, doc came to check, and I was still only 1.5cm dilated. Doc suggested 3 methods (in order of preference):
    - put on drip to accelerate natural delivery
    - csect with epi
    - csect with ga

I was mentally tired by then. And my contractions then were also decreasing - on the ctg, dropped to a single digit number from a high of 80+.

Doc also said If go on drip - if all goes well, I should be able to start pushing by late afternoon / evening. We asked about the risks of bacterial infection given this would mean my waterbag would have burst for more than 24 hours. Doc said so far no fever so should be ok.and I already had 2 rounds of antibiotics dripped in.

I asked doc to give us 10min to decide. I then decided that I can't take the risk of delaying the birth further. What if I go on the drip then caught a fever later on - risky to muffin... What if I go on the drip then cervix still dont't dilate by evening and water is leaking out... I dont't want to risk any potential fetal distress - if any.

So ya I opted for c sect there and then. And I knew I couldn't take the feeling of me being cut up and only half numb body down. I was also getting quite panicky and nervous - I was actually crying!! So my old man said let's just go for GA. What's important is the baby is healthy, mummy is not panicking and we can "forego" the feeling of baby being placed on chest and husband being in the room.

Whilst waiting for the room to be made available, this really nice nurse told me that actually my cervix is fairly thick and hard. It ain't the soft malleable kind. So that reinforced that I did the right thing.

So I went into the operating theatre. Baby delivered at 823am.

Having said all that - dont let my experiencfe put you off in trying for natural. different ppl differenr body.

(Continuing delayed telecast)

When I woke up from the ga, i could feel the pain!! But it was more like cramps crunching pain - not physical pain!!! So I had to breathe in and out deeply.

Wheeled back into the room - and I found myself really groggy, really sleepy, my words were slurred, hands shaking. Side effects from ga?!? Nurse asked if I wanna breast feed - I knew it was not possible. Even when nurse placed baby next to me on the bed - my hubby said i was in no condition to cradle too. So I will start breast feeding tomorrow. Baby is on formula today.

Doc Tham came to see me twice. His instructions for me were eat, drink, roll to left and pass gas. I still can't manage the last one. =)

The first time I laid my eyes on muffin - the feeling is magical.

I had on and off sleep during the day. Tried to eat a little lunch but felt pukey. Dinner was better. My mum boiled red dates longan with ginger slices so that helped with the nausea feel.

Oh - and I am looking darn sexy btw. Hospital gown, catheter for pee, compression stockings, and double layered maternity pads hooked. Hahaha.

Worthy Lady
    Glad to hear both of you are well.. upload muffin's photo if you can ok? You have done good job. How you feeling seeing muffin for the first time?

Happysoul I m delivering in glene as well... I am hoping baby come in 37 weeks lol..

Ohh littlej you're a brave mummy who loves her child more than yourself even before you laid eyes on muffin. Big hugs for that babe! All yoi gotta do is rest well now and enjoy tomorrow when you're able to breastfeed and visitors start trickling in. Proud of you dear! That you went through it, made a sound decision that kept both mummy n muffin safe.

I was crying too when I decided to take epidural, but nothing compared to yours. Its okay dear, we do it all for our babies. Rest tight and cradle muffin when the pain eases up.

Hi happysoul! Good that you r also doing well. Enjoy your maternity leave. you r a week earlier than me right?

Big hugs to you, littlej! What matters that you and muffin are doing well. you have endured and conquered! Rest plenty and try to eat, k?

Littlej, gosh you r amazing!! I think you definitely did the right thing... Choosing the safest option for muffin.. I was quite overwhelmed reading! Seeing how you really tried so hard for natural but it's really a case of different people different bodies.. I'm so glad you both r ok.. been quite worried with the delayed telecast! Hehe... Rest rest rest! Fill us in on the details of breast feeding!

well done littlej for being strong and delivering little muffin safely. I really can imagine how yucky you must be feeling right now. rest well for now and recharge your batteries !!

Yay!! I managed to complete all of doc tham's 4 steps - eat, drink, turn to left and pass gas! Hahaha.

Awww girls - me not strong . It's just that at that moment, you need to know that the decision you chose - you can't regret it no matter what! And your husband's agreement will help too cuz your husband is the one who knows you way better than the doc!!

I mean - doc preferred drip but I felt otherwise. He also prefered c sect with epi but i opted otherwise. So as the doc, he would respect my decision. Hahah but I think when he saw me crying, he probably thought "oh my, ok thankfully she opted for ga". =p

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Brave littlej!! I wish I have the courage and decisiveness to make a swift decision in case things dont't go my way too. I could imagine how touched you must have been to see your little muffin at last. As I imagine, I wanted to cry. Well done littlej!! Have a good rest and enjoy the bonding with your little muffin