Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; How long need to put catheter? I hope you recover as soon as possible......

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

How long need to put catheter? I hope you recover as soon as possible...

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Hmm.. what is the purpose of step 3 & 4? Turn to left and then pass gas? I'm so curious... I thought after c sect we are supposed to stay still n rest n let wound heal nicely....

Littlej, thanks for sharing and keeping to your promise of live update!!

The true motherhood begins I hope you are actually sleeping soundly at this hour. Hopefully lil muffin will catch and latch on his source of food easily tomorrow You did well surely. And I can only imagine the magical feeling you have had when you and him had your eyes met (maybe he was still sleeping ). It must be an unforgettable beautiful moment.

*pat on your back*. Sweetdreams and recuperate well soon.

Good morning!!

Nurse woke me up as she needed to change pads and pee pads. I am feeling like a big baby!

Thelay - I dont't know how long I need to put the catheter for. I suppose it is because I can't move from the bed today.

Happilymarried - think step 3 is to not to get the muscles sore. Also since catheter on left side, easier to turn to left. And erm step 4 is to expel wind??? Hahaha I dont't know! Doc said do what I do what (I do follow instructions easily on some occasions!) =p

Dragontail - hahaha yes it was a magical moment when my opened eyes met his closed eyes and I traced the outline of his face...

Tvh - I am sure you can too! I have a friend who's adamant on hypno birth. During her 22 hour birth process, she agreed to use oxytocin drip and epidural. I guess the thing is, gotta be flexible and have the serenity to accept the things you can't change, courage to change the things you can.

Anyway, I woke up and wow - somehow can't believe all that happened across the last 24 hours.

Back to live update - just feeling a lil' woozy and a bit of very mild cramp - think it's the hormones shrinking the womb?!?

Thanks for listening to me - as always.

Congrats wanton mee!!!

Hehehe its a miracle moment when scanning thru muffin..... habe a good good rest.... before you can start to let muffin have his first suckle

Continuing on with my live update - Thomson Medical Center provides newspapers! chiam like hotel!
    And just had a sponge bath - feels shiok =)

Worthy Lady
    Littlej.. thanks so much for sharing with us...

your csect cut pain? Try not to move much.. are you able to eat ald? Rest well while in hospital. .

Littlej: 平平安安 most important. your doc wouldn't suggest anything that would put mummy & baby at risk. Glad that a sound decision is made with your hubby's approval. Now you have a cutie healthy & well in your arms! Post pics when you r feeling well enough. Resting and taking care of muffin is priority now. I will wait patiently for your pics. Heehee

Worthy Lady
    Hee. So excited for littlej and feel like holding some babies..

Morn ladies!! Hahaha Thelay.. soon you will have your princess to hold in your arms...

Littlej, haha... If doc asked me to pass gas.. I will ask him what for.. maybe ga creates gas in system? When you scanned muffin's face..did you think that muffin looks more like you or more like your old man? enjoy your breastfeeding session today! I hope muffin latches quick n well for feeding... Enjoy your 'hotel service'!

Worthy Lady
    Littlej: the most impt thing is that both of you are fine..which method that you use in order to deliver the baby is not that impt as compared to the well being of both of you...

Anyway. .congratulations on the arrival of your muffin....did you purchase the support belly band for your wound? the cramping is due to the shrinking of uterus as it has expanded during your pregnancy. .if you breastfeed, it would shrink back faster I think...

http://www.babycenter.com/body-changes-after-childbirth
    Last edited by nataliengbh; 29-09-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Actually ladies... The method of birth is not impt correct? I am very paranoid about that part... I totally dont't want to put my baby in any distress as much as possible since I had a very painful time conceiving via ivf... I am inclined to go for elective csect... I actually prefer the fastest (when time is right) and safest way for my baby to come out... Doesn't matter if I have a wound to heal.. but will it affect my 2nd pregnancy (if any)?

Next to pop is Tvh! How r you feeling today? Hope you r resting more... Cuz once baby pops.. it's broken sleep if you breastfeed...

Wondering if Littlehammie went on a good long holiday? Hope she's away due to some good news...

Imperial Concubine

LittleJ!!!
    Congratulations once again!!!!
    And thank you so much for taking the time to write and live update us.
    We are all learning through you!

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:830138
    Actually ladies... The method of birth is not impt correct? I am very paranoid about that part... I totally dont't want to put my baby in any distress as much as possible since I had a very painful time conceiving via ivf... I am inclined to go for elective csect... I actually prefer the fastest (when time is right) and safest way for my baby to come out... Doesn't matter if I have a wound to heal.. but will it affect my 2nd pregnancy (if any)?

Next to pop is Tvh! How r you feeling today? Hope you r resting more... Cuz once baby pops.. it's broken sleep if you breastfeed...

Wondering if Littlehammie went on a good long holiday? Hope she's away due to some good news...
    Happilymarried, to me, method of birth is not important, it all depends on the situation at that time . The most impt is that both mother and baby are safe and well...c-section won't affect the 2nd pregnancy but it is possible that you would have to select c-section for the 2nd child rather than vaginal birth due to worries about the impact that the vaginal birth may cause to your previous c-section wound..

Usually this thread is slow/quiet during weekend, especially early hours. But not this weekend. Haa all thanks to littlej and lil muffin!

Share with us your breastfeeding experience ok? My dajie and erjie both experienced pekcek-ness initially as both my nieces and nephews refused to latch. But they will get there

Worthy Lady

Congrats Littlej! And do take plenty of rest!

Just latched baby!! Oh my - it is an experience. The intimacy and close-ness. I had help and guidance from the nurse which was good. But anyway I am supplementing with formula milk cuz I couldn't breast feed yesterday. And just started latch today so may need some time for full milk production I guess. I was planning to do full breast feeding and latching but I guess what's important is baby healthy, not my ideal plans!

Muffin seems to suckle well.

Hahah to be honest - I forgot all that wbb taught! All I remembered was dont let baby sleep on breast and need big darker nipples so that easier for baby to Find The "lighthouse". So thank goodness for the nurse's guidance!

Happilymarried - I think if you do csect for #1 then best to do csect for #2 - even though some may say can try for vbac. For me - I wanted natural cuz I wanted to know the "real" birthdate (not a planned birthdate) and well, post recovery is faster and natural is the way it was always meant to be - and this could be my one and only chance to try it. Anyway too bad I have a stubborn cervix. Hahaha.

Natalie- ya hospital gave me a belly bind and binded it since I got out of the OT. Hahaha does it mean I will slim down faster? I also got my own belly band - the belly bandit!

What pix you all wanna see? All wrapped up kind or naked? Dragontail - I am specifically directing this question to you!

Thelay - yeap able to eat already. Oh the food is quite good. The fish and papaya soup is yums!

Haha Littlej I want the naked pic!!! Of muffin!!

Oh come on littlej....I take anything naked. Bring them on I cant wait!!

Me too... naked pics!!!!!

Deleted pix
    Last edited by littlej; 01-10-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Happilymarried - I asked doc. Pass gas is to make sure intestines are working well... Today, my to-dos are eat, drink, walk, pee, pass gas. Catheter removed.