Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by Thelay:830274 Natalie.. I m not againt having no 2. I just admire you all to have courage. ...

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:830274
    Natalie.. I m not againt having no 2. I just admire you all to have courage. Actually my perfect family is to have at least 2. But I scare of pain. Lol... oh.. god.. pls give me courage to give birth..
    When the time comes, you would have the courage. Actually I also dont know how I do it..hmmz....dont't worry too much ok..we would be here to share your fears...

Worthy Lady
    Next is tvh... are you ready? Hee. We will wait dor your updates as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:830274
    Natalie.. I m not againt having no 2. I just admire you all to have courage. Actually my perfect family is to have at least 2. But I scare of pain. Lol... oh.. god.. pls give me courage to give birth..
    We share the same fears. Our courage will surface when the time comes...I hope :x

Hahaha so lil's muffin's weight was close to winning the 3rd prize yesterday and birthday close to winning consolation today?!? The almost lucky kiddo =p

Happilymarried - Tristan is a nice name! Lil' muffin waves hello to Tristan!

The doc told me something very true today. I said i wanna stay till wed. he said sure but I need to learn to be independent and treat this place as a hotel not a hospital - otherwise how am I going to cope when I am home and no nurses to assist. And i cant depend on my hubby cuz he doesnt have 4 months maternity... So that means going to pee on my own, binding on my own, getting in and out of the bed unassisted and walking around.

Tried latching today. But nothing much so supplemented with formula. Did it once every 4 hours.

Sorry. Today is a pretty whiny live feed. Just feeling a bit melancholic cuz of the pain and having to manage to do things on my own - things which I thought was simple but it was such a chore putting on pads onto the panties and walking unassisted.. and thought I could shower but now I'm not so confident so will prob try that tomorrow instead.. Plus latching isn't easy too.

But looking at lil muffin - it is all worth it. His little yawns and movements, feeling his soft soft skin, even hearing his cries.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Dragontail, wow... Hehe you keep up to date with 4D numbers?

Lil muffin is indeed a lucky baby! Alamak.. if only today managed to buy 2809... Can win some diaper $! Haha... That would be so cute..

Thelay, Natalie, rav.. actually I realised i have been thinking too far, too naive... #1 not yet pop I think and talk about having #2... & I have not't even experienced the pain from popping my #1 yet.... So all mummies popping #2.. or #3.. you ladies are really super brave!

Littlej, I guess the longer stay in hospital is due to worries about the wound? Perhaps just 1 more day? When can Lil muffin get officially discharged? In the meantime, just need to commit to memory all the steps needed to go loo, shower, keep clean, recognise infections (touchwood of coz!!!), and taking care of muffin, you will have the CL and your mum to guide you? I m sure you can do it!! I know you can do it!! hehe.. thanks.. so far we only have Tristan.. nothing else that we can agree on... Oh yes.. r you gonna get a 'master' to help with Chinese name? Or are you and hubby gonna decide that yourselves?

Tvh, now we r all excited about your story!! How r you feeling so far?

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

I'm starting to feel abit nervous. Since i'll be on leave the week after and my hubby will go to work as usual, I'm worried about transportation issues should my water bag break when no one is at home with me, so I've activated my brother for standby duty when my hubby is not at home, as well as my friends who have cars. My area super difficult to get cab and even when you call for cab, you might not be able to get one. In fact, I wanted to ask one of my driver friends to "patrol" my area whenever he is free since he's in sales and is constantly on the move. I'm paranoid I know..and too kua zhang...i know too....hahaha

Worthy Lady
    Tvh.. you deluvering at glene right. There are ambulance no to call. I know they mention in hospital tour.. under parkway.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Oh is it? I didn't know..I have not't gone for the hospital tour...i'll google the number..thanks Thelay!

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:830306
    Dragontail, wow... Hehe you keep up to date with 4D numbers?

Lil muffin is indeed a lucky baby! Alamak.. if only today managed to buy 2809... Can win some diaper $! Haha... That would be so cute..

Thelay, Natalie, rav.. actually I realised i have been thinking too far, too naive... #1 not yet pop I think and talk about having #2... & I have not't even experienced the pain from popping my #1 yet.... So all mummies popping #2.. or #3.. you ladies are really super brave!

Littlej, I guess the longer stay in hospital is due to worries about the wound? Perhaps just 1 more day? When can Lil muffin get officially discharged? In the meantime, just need to commit to memory all the steps needed to go loo, shower, keep clean, recognise infections (touchwood of coz!!!), and taking care of muffin, you will have the CL and your mum to guide you? I m sure you can do it!! I know you can do it!! hehe.. thanks.. so far we only have Tristan.. nothing else that we can agree on... Oh yes.. r you gonna get a 'master' to help with Chinese name? Or are you and hubby gonna decide that yourselves?

Tvh, now we r all excited about your story!! How r you feeling so far?
    Nah...it is not naive to think far ahead ..so dont think that you are naive ok...to be serious. .I have not met with anyone who has put off or stop at 1 just because of the pain...most who only have 1 is because of other reasons..

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:830302
    Hahaha so lil's muffin's weight was close to winning the 3rd prize yesterday and birthday close to winning consolation today?!? The almost lucky kiddo =p

Happilymarried - Tristan is a nice name! Lil' muffin waves hello to Tristan!

The doc told me something very true today. I said i wanna stay till wed. he said sure but I need to learn to be independent and treat this place as a hotel not a hospital - otherwise how am I going to cope when I am home and no nurses to assist. And i cant depend on my hubby cuz he doesnt have 4 months maternity... So that means going to pee on my own, binding on my own, getting in and out of the bed unassisted and walking around.

Tried latching today. But nothing much so supplemented with formula. Did it once every 4 hours.

Sorry. Today is a pretty whiny live feed. Just feeling a bit melancholic cuz of the pain and having to manage to do things on my own - things which I thought was simple but it was such a chore putting on pads onto the panties and walking unassisted.. and thought I could shower but now I'm not so confident so will prob try that tomorrow instead.. Plus latching isn't easy too.

But looking at lil muffin - it is all worth it. His little yawns and movements, feeling his soft soft skin, even hearing his cries.
    Its inevitable that you would feel down due to the pain..but always remember that you have the support of your old man, family and us..just do whatever you can without over stressing yourself...c section is considered as a major op also...so dont be so critical to yourself. ..

For latching, practice makes perfect..you may want to consider having your muffin in the room with you so that whenever he wanna feed, you latched him on. .the process would stimulate and send signal to the brain that milk is required..like economics, if you have demand, there would be supply..

Morning everyone. Realized I can't sleep that well now. Hospital bed not very comfy and the compression stockings are driving me insane plus wound kinda hurts.

But yes I will be optimistic and persevere! My goal for today is to walk more. And perhaps try to shower. I can't take it no more!!! I got this lemongrass shower which this mummy forum said can be used during confinement.

Happilymarried - actually doc said can be discharged today (day 3) but I prefer to stay till day 5. Just for the better care. Also, we are planning to call the confinement aunty to come in tomorrow so old man can go with her to buy the stuff she needs then on wed morning, she will come with old man to the hospital and we will go home together. Some people say we "waste" one day of the nanny's time - but we thought better that we get her in earlier to buy the stuff first.

Natalie - I didn't leave the baby in the room cuz I am alone at night. My old man can't sleep well here and I figured better to have him awake than zombified. So I have asked the nurses to bring him in every 3 hours to latch during the day until 11pm. And nurse told me that night feeds they use formula so I can rest and recover fast. They said my face is looking quite pale. And said once I have full milk I should bf exclusively then.

Tvh - my advice is, dont't worry about the transport. Yes can call 995 or glen e ambulance hotline! Anyway, there is always über or Mercedes cab hotline =) and i dont think baby will arrive immediately after water bag breaks bah so got time. baby always knows best when to arrive. See - in my case - my old man is not around some nights (he is with grandmama) somemore - i was kinda fearful that what if waterbag breaks and i am alone!! worst part is, my family members dont't drive!! But you know what! Babies know best! Fri afternoon, old man decided to buy lunch back for me and baby decided that is the best time to break the waterbag just before he came (ok yes i thought it was discharge only). now - How perfect is the timing =p all I can say is - just enjoy the last few weeks / moments. dont't worry about things beyond your control.

Chinese name - not sure if we wanna engage a master or come up with our own. Hubby thought of a few which are pretty nice. But you know what is not nice - the dialect name cuz hubby is teochew and when "converted" - the name sounds not nice!!! I am a Hakka / Cantonese so naturally my dialect name sounds more "si wen". Wahahahah!!!

Oh Thomson Medical Center has this baby photography taking service by baby you. Should I consider... It's taken in the hospital anyway =p got special package...

good morning littlej! Good that you r optimistic. Yep...you r right about not worrying about what is beyond our control. Believe that baby will be guai guai. During my hospital tour, the staff nurse expect us to stroll into the delivery suite. Lol...she say try not to use the wheelchair if can walk. Relax relax relax.

As for latching, I am sure you r in good hands since there r lactation nurses to help out. Take it easy, dont't stress over it. Read that milk supply will usually establish after around a week.

Good thing is that wounds will heal and the pain will subside soon enough. Have a good confinement! Do posts when you r bored. Hehe

I am bored. Can't zzz...

pediatrician just came - baby has slight jaundice. Otherwise all ok. May the "light" be with you lil' muffin!

good morn ladies!

Littlej, do take more longan red date tea.. if the baby photography package is reasonable, and you receive soft copies back, why not? I believe first few days pics of baby are once in a lifetime.. they start changing their look super fast after first or second month...

Hehe... Of course hospital bed is not comfy... Nothing beats our own bed... & by the way, what compression stockings are you wearing? Your own? Or does hospital provide? Make sure it doesn't restrict blood flow...

Did you prep any formula milk at home for muffin? Or does hospital usually provide? I'm concerned about help for breastfeeding in mount e.. most talks I been to seem to only show good support from Thomson Medical Center & glen e & mount a.. mount e seems quiet.... Luckily for one of the talks, mount a says they accept calls from any mummy.. doesn't matter if you pop at mount a or not.... Quite relieved to hear that...

Morning.

Just saw the doc who said I should be feeling better today. Hope he isn't bluffing. And hahah he asked how come I dont't sleep!

Wearing the compression stockings provided by the doc. Super sexy, super uncomfortable.

Formula provided by the hospital. Actually doc was quite funny. He said better make use of the lactation consultant today - only got one free session! Subsequent sessions must pay $40!

Tired of lying down. I should get up soon. But ahhhh - scared!!!

Worthy Lady
    Littlej.. rest well and may muffin be healthy as well.. you still can crack jokes.. so I think pain not so bad huh.. lol.. I want to believe im this way..

Why do you need to wear compression socks?

Tvh.. pls dont call 995 cos it will send you to nearest hospital. I will find parkway ambulance nos.

Happilymarried.. even though I decided to give birth in glene.. I m going back thomson for lacation consultant. I suggest you attend the parentcraft from thomson.

Weather so nice to sleep..

Littlej, you r one mummy who doesn't sleep much!!! you need ample rest in order to produce breast milk too ya? Thanks on the info on compression stockings... Looks like you r very well taken care of at Thomson Medical Center.. I hope mount e is the same...

Hehe... When lying down you dont't feel the pain? (Thelay I starting to think Littlej's threshold of pain better than mine! =p) hope lil muffin's liver quickly functions well to clear jaundice...

Thelay I will attend wbb class n collect all the contact details too... So far I got mount a's details...

TVH, only if got bleeding choy choy...then call ambulance. If not call cab. Nurse told me to save all the cab hotlines in phone plus your hospital delivery hotline.

Littlej, take it slowly...move in slow-mo. you will get there. Try to move as much as you can coz need to stretch abit so that the wound won't be rigid.

New discovery: freaking pain to cough! I choked on a orange juice pulp. Ok tomorrow ask for apple juice...

Feel slightly accomplished today cuz took a shower. Bought this lemongrass shower which mummies in another forum recommended for confinement. Super shiok. Didnt wash my hair but used the dry shampoo. And I did everything all by myself. Wearing my own clothes so feels cleaner and less "hospitalized".

Quote Originally Posted by littlej:830386
    New discovery: freaking pain to cough! I choked on a orange juice pulp. Ok tomorrow ask for apple juice...

Feel slightly accomplished today cuz took a shower. Bought this lemongrass shower which mummies in another forum recommended for confinement. Super shiok. Didnt wash my hair but used the dry shampoo. And I did everything all by myself. Wearing my own clothes so feels cleaner and less "hospitalized".
    Good for you! Remember 慢慢来. Is the dry shampoo effective? I got oily scalp, need to wash hair daily. Really dont know how long can I tahan without washing during confinement. Abit er xin to have oily smelly hair. :x

Super sleepy now. Missing my bed. Nowadays really wish I can take my maternity early. Haha...getting lazier & lazier by the day.
    Last edited by rav3naers; 30-09-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Worthy Lady
    Yay.. littlej... good job.. claps...claps.. hee..
    I think if I were you, I might be like a whinging kid.. will keep complaing to husband and my mother..
    My family hates me when I fall sick.

Rav.. I am also like you.. I missing my bed.. thinking should I take maternity leave at 37 weeks and these weeks only work 4 days per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:830412
    Yay.. littlej... good job.. claps...claps.. hee..
    I think if I were you, I might be like a whinging kid.. will keep complaing to husband and my mother..
    My family hates me when I fall sick.

Rav.. I am also like you.. I missing my bed.. thinking should I take maternity leave at 37 weeks and these weeks only work 4 days per week.
    If you can best to take, need rest before the 'big' day. After that cannot rest as and when we want already. Lol. I got shortage of manpower here, no one to cover me so no choice. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can get new ppl in. Why so difficult to hire ppl? sigh...

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    I think if I have to have an emergency c sect, I would go straight for ga too. I couldn't stand the thought of having my stomach cut open while I'm still conscious. It would be a very scary feeling.

Thanks ladies, I am on mc today. Starting to feel extremely exhausted. I can't seem to wake up and I can't live without a nap these days. This week would b my last week of work. After that, it is rest all the way till I pop. Hubby and I have been telling baby to come out next week so that we can catch our gynae before he goes on leave. I hope he listened to us.

Hahaha dont't be like me.. Work all the way until 27th sept and baby pops 28th sept. but this way - get more time to spend with baby .

I bought the klorane dry shampoo. Mai hiam buay pai. Not bad . Ok for me. Difficult to wash hair and still need to blow dry I think.

Did some walking. Incentive to walk cuz baby was at nursery. Stitches hurt today but walking made it better. Slowly slowly walk. And I did it myself cuz hubby not around.

Feeling more encouraged today...

Tvh - hahaha I had exactly the same thoughts. Hence decided to go for GA. As it is, i was already physically tired, disappointed, and panicky. maybe if i had an elective c sect, i woild have gone for epidural cuz more prepared i mean epidural supposedly better cuz can hear baby cry and hubby can be there and it is like delivering naturally ... But for me - forget it. I cannot imagine being awake when my stomach gets sliced up. And imagine can smell the burning smell when stitching?!? (Am I over exaggerating!!).

Worthy Lady
    I m thinking without ga. Can they use epidural and sedate me? When I had d&c, they use sedation. So I was like fall asleep and wake up all well..

I cant afford to take much leave as I only have 3 months maternity leave. 2 months paid, 1 months unpaid.

My company also shortage of manpower.. we have quota issues and no local applied.. ahh...