Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Why got burning smell while Stiching?...

Worthy Lady
    Why got burning smell while Stiching?

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

haha littlej, exactly...i dont't think i would be able to take the mental trauma of having my stomach cut open while i'm still very much awake....i find those women who are able to do that extremely brave...i have a friend who had emergency c sect too with epidural...she said because she was on epidural for quite a while before the doc recommended c sect, by the time her stomach was cut open, she could feel the knife slicing her skin....not that she's in pain...just that her epidural has started to gradually wear off by then and the nurse couldn't increase her dosage becos she was given the max already...i totally freaked out when i heard that....

littlej, you're truly very brave. And i think that its quite unfair that no man ever has to go through all this... I think its because most of them wouldnt be able to tahan half of what we endure haha
    At least little Ben gets to cheer you up when the nurses bring him in. Hang on there littlej, in a few days you'll be in a better situation with the little one in the comfort of your home.
    TVH, thats a scary story !!
    Husband's cousin had a c-sect with epidural and was describing to me how she felt her body being handled and thrown from left to right when they were taking baby out.
    I totally freaked out and thought it might be a better option to choose GA but that also has its set of risks. Furthermore I had endo, dont know if I still have adhesions but if I do, vaginal delivery might be more painful.

Worthy Lady
    During my mom's time, my mom said.. she can see the whole operation from the relection of metal plate of the light bulb they use or something.. lol..

watch 'deliver me' if you want to know how csect without ga is done! lol. busy busy at work..

Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:830443
    During my mom's time, my mom said.. she can see the whole operation from the relection of metal plate of the light bulb they use or something.. lol..
    Yikes...my mum had me naturally but had my bro thru emergency csect. GA plus they have to do a vertical incision coz really emergency. That one she told me hurts a whole lot more. Cannot bend at all. But she is back to work in less than a month. Good thing is that she told me vaginal one, she remembered that its bearable. Maybe her pain threshold super high. Lolz. Or she dont't want to scare me so bluff me. Hahaha

Tricky, I once tried to pluck my hubby's leg hair for fun. He already kpkb and super angry at me coz he say super painful. Lol...we ladies go pluck here and there. Brazilian wax, ipl, facial etc all painful . Tolerance higher. Hurhur

Quote Originally Posted by wantonmee:830456
    watch 'deliver me' if you want to know how csect without ga is done! lol. busy busy at work..
    Blogger xiaxue also got video of her csect. Hers is elective one. Looks super relaxed. I prefer to use my existing 'doorway' but keeping options open since we dont't know what might happen. Take it as it comes. 平安 most important.

Dont mind me spamming abit. Only way to keep me from stoning today. Friggin' sleepy...my eyes havent open fully since morning. Hurhur

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    My mother in law told me last time she gave birth via c sect too, the cut was vertical and she said it hurts like hell becos if the cut is vertical, you literally can't stand straight becos if you do, the skin will get pulled and it is extremely painful. I dont't think they give vertical cuts right now, do they? I've never heard any of my friends getting vertical cuts, all are horizontal cuts

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by TVH:830500
    My mother in law told me last time she gave birth via c sect too, the cut was vertical and she said it hurts like hell becos if the cut is vertical, you literally can't stand straight becos if you do, the skin will get pulled and it is extremely painful. I dont't think they give vertical cuts right now, do they? I've never heard any of my friends getting vertical cuts, all are horizontal cuts
    Now dont't have vertical cuts already..all horizontal

Cuts are now horizontal so can still wear bikini.

dont think so much . Me think here think there worried about being "flappy" and "loose"... Decided natural.. In the end c sect. Hahaha. My old man just reminded me how much I was fretting and asking for everyone's advice and in the end cried cuz couldn't deliver naturally! Hahaha. Ok thinking back - quite funny. I remember asking Natalie and poohy if will be "loose".

Just had a visit from the lactation consultant. Realized her method "fiercer" but more effective. Do other hospitals have that - 1 x free consultation on breast feeding?

littlej- clap hands for you! dont worry, you so healthy and exercise regularly one sure can get rid of those flaps and regain back figure! remember not to be anxious though cus we piled up 15kg in ten months so dont expect to lose them all in month. I dont rmbr seeing lactation fees in my bill think one time free too at glene but she came once only . but pediatrician and gynae each visit was $200 just for that "how are you today" and checking of stitches etc. I.e. three days three visit was $600 for gynae alone. Same rate still apply the last I heard the nruse explaining to another mtb on Saturday.

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Vertical cuts?? How is that possible? The distance for a vertical cut is much shorted than horizontal... I wonder what is the purpose of a vertical cut....

Littlej, means you still no wash hair right? I got oily scalp too Rav, wonder how it will be like stuck n unable to wash my hair..

Littlej, lactation consultant fierce? So means her steps that she teaches are swift n precise? I'm waiting to attend wbb's class... In Nov....

All the birth stories are scaring me..... Oh dear...

Oh Littlej, I have confidence in you... For breastfeeding and for shedding the baby weight.... I you can do it!! Most impt is eat healthily and gradual weight loss... Too sudden also no good...

After Tvh, Issit rav or Thelay?

Worthy Lady
    Happilymarried.. old time they cut from the navel line that we can see below from belly button. Now is called bikini cut. you wont see.. and last time also need to go back to remove stiches.. our poor mothers.. how can they give birth a lot of kids..

No. After tvh is natalie.. I think 25 oct. Is it true?

Oh. We have been talking this thread about giving birth... where are the rest of ladies... dragontail, littleham, shez, poohy and others..

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:830534
    Vertical cuts?? How is that possible? The distance for a vertical cut is much shorted than horizontal... I wonder what is the purpose of a vertical cut....

Littlej, means you still no wash hair right? I got oily scalp too Rav, wonder how it will be like stuck n unable to wash my hair..

Littlej, lactation consultant fierce? So means her steps that she teaches are swift n precise? I'm waiting to attend wbb's class... In Nov....

All the birth stories are scaring me..... Oh dear...
    Vertical cut as in straight down. Not go along bikini line along muscle direction. For my mum's case is coz placenta came out first. Life threatening mother & child so doc have to make a fast straight forward incision. Exceptional case .

Now with the medical advances, dont't have to worry too much. We can definately cross the bridge when we reach it.
    Last edited by rav3naers; 30-09-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried:830536
    Oh Littlej, I have confidence in you... For breastfeeding and for shedding the baby weight.... I you can do it!! Most impt is eat healthily and gradual weight loss... Too sudden also no good...

After Tvh, Issit rav or Thelay?
    Thelay first then happysoul then me. Hurhur

Oh my. It is all my fault. I shouldn't have hogged the thread to talk all about me. Dragontail, poohy - please come back???

Hello me here!

Hehe I have been reading this thread since my last post (was it yesterday?). Really cringing with the cutting stories. Ouch. But I believe women really is 伟大的。Men stand one side.

Been busy day at work. Rest of the week gonna be too. Am just trying to rush few things before mid Oct. And because of being busy (partly teammates are away...so, short handed), , I'm gonna miss out my sis' first scan tomorrow Will wait for her good news. Hopefully see double

Haha no one's fault! I'm still enjoying the reading here whenever I can.

Dragontail, I hope your sis sees double too!!! The feeling is really more than a million bucks type of feel...

Littlej thanks for sharing so much! It's actually knowledge for us when it's our turn.. plus now I'm curious about how lil Ben will ease into his playpen at home.. his feeding hours etc... Gosh! Perhaps a facebook group would be better?

By the way my friend commented that boys usually break water bags before contractions set in... Not sure how true.. hehe

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Missy10; 09-10-2013 at 10:48 PM.

I slept at 930pm and just woke up to breast feed. Now super awake =)

Latching is better today with the free consultation. She is swift. Hahaha. Actually what I learnt at wbb class - I returned to her cuz I couldn't remember!!!... So this latching consultant helped. I'm trying out 3 hourly breast feeding now. Wish me luck. No more zzz. Getting a bit more milk and oooo neh neh is bigger!!!

Whew Dragontail is back. Ok now must wait for the rest.

Nope - have not't washed my hair but using the dry shampoo. Actually it isn't that bad if you got long hair cuz can tie up. I not very sure if I wanna wash hair cuz my hair takes forever to dry. And I mean - I do believe in the old wife tale of catch wind etc - but shower is easier cuz bath hot water then immediately wipe dry. Wash hair is a bit more difficult.
    Last edited by littlej; 09-10-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Worthy Lady

Am here too!!! Just finished spotting, so new cycle is coming again! Gambatte all d mummies, n hello to all d cutie babies!

Worthy Lady

And dont't forget to add me in the facebook grp too!

Just latched but seems like baby is still hungry so nurse suggested top-up. Hmm- does it mean I will never be able to latch completely???
    Last edited by littlej; 09-10-2013 at 01:06 PM.