Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; I'm not too sure either. But firstly it is good news that you ovulate monthly. So slowly rule out bit ...

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

I'm not too sure either. But firstly it is good news that you ovulate monthly.
    So slowly rule out bit by bit.
    You know when you ovulate based on your BBT so you can schedule for the best chances.
    Then look into fertilisation and implantation whether got any issues there.
    I think step by step, logically you can try to tackle this!
    yukki likes this.

ebichan, what do you mean by look into fertilisation/implantation whether got issues?
    actually been trying hard on those dates close to ovulation but somehow or rather...still fail...

Imperial Concubine

Yukki: opk is a stick to test for LH surge. If its high LH n thr opk stick is positive means you will ovulate betweem 12 to 36 hours later. So usually we will BD either 12hrs after opk positive, or the night when you got opk positive then either for consec three nights or alternate days (depend on yourself).. most ladies here bd alternate days acc to their traditional chinese medicine n i bd 3 consec days acc to my traditional chinese medicine.

I wld suggest if you r very deligent in your traditional chinese medicine, maybe you want change another traditional chinese medicine to try out. Ladies here mostly go to dr wu li ping n i myself is with dr tan kian seng.

N lastly maybr you want drag your hunby for seman analysis. N to pu him as well to increase his army.
    yukki likes this.

Imperial Concubine

qnissim- where is dr tan kian seng now? the old place he was at demolished right? Last time i almost go and see him but he was fully booked. End up didnt manage to go see him. Heard he good for male fertility issit?

Imperial Concubine happilymarried's Avatar
    Hi yukki! Firstly.. you still young! Like what the rest have said... Fertilisation and implantation are both areas that we have no control and visibility.. I'm an ivf mtb... Not afraid to share.. I went thru hell.. first step is to do hsg test (you can Google this) to make sure your hubby's sperms are not shooting into a wall. traditional chinese medicine will not be able to tell if you have clear or blocked tubes. Neither can vaginal scan show. Second is to test hubby's sperm.. if it's moderate or so so only, you can get him to see traditional chinese medicine for herbs and/or accupunture and also take western multi vits. . Thirdly, you can use opk to test LH surge (bd for the next couple of days or alternate days) and/or go to gynae for very scan to check egg growth (if any) and to check lining thickness. Lining above 9mm to 16mm is very good for implantation. My probs were no egg (I had to have stims) and very thin lining... So I needed help in that area... Hope that helps you.... Jiayou!
    yukki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prayinghard:834261
    It's really 可惜that this thread is coming to an end. All the regular chatting and sharing are shifted to another platform leaving us behind. 想加入the new chat in facebook but nobody bother to help at all. Sigh bye bye trying to concieve- ing thread. Thanks for all the useful information that you have provide me throughout.
    Hi, do you have anything to share that can offer yukki help??

This thread is and will be dead if ladies bfp-ed and stop helping others who are kinda going thru a hard time to conceive....
    yukki likes this.

Imperial Concubine

Poohy: dr tan is at clementi. I been seeing him at the same clinic since last yr . So not sure if he moved or not. Yes. He do accupunture for male as well. My hubby was with him too. I was with him too. but be prepare to wait. Usually the nurse will ask your go eat dinner first or smth then go back . dont have to wait physically there. Hehe. I dont rmbr the blk number but is walking dist frm mrt. you know where is phoon huat (the redman bakery shop) ?

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Yukki, I was taking GNC prenatals then I rem someone told me the GNC formula not very good so I switched to Blackmores conceivewell gold. Is your hubby taking any supps? Sometimes problem doesn't lie with women, could be low sperm quality or count from men. If he hasn't started on supps, perhaps it is good to ask him to start taking supps. I trying to concieve for a year before I got my bfp. Along the way, there were countless heartbreaks when I saw red every month. I wanted to give up many times too. I cried a few times throughout that journey too. I finally got my bfp in Jan and just popped my darling baby out. So dont't give up hope.
    yukki likes this.

Hey there yukki! I echo the view of the ladies here.

I'm not sure what you have done at your gynae. But there were a couple of tests I've done - sperm check, monthly egg and lining check, polyps checked (and removed), and lastly hsg. The doc I went also gave my hubby some herbal medication and myself medications and us dates to bd.

As for traditional chinese medicine - I went to see dr wu.

As for bbt - you have to continue monitoring and at regular timings. That's what I did cuz requested by dr wu! Fertility friend is a good app to use.

As for opk - I used clearblue. More ex but easier to see smiley or no smiley. I did opk twice a day, when to start - I used the date prescribed by clearblue website (just need to input date of your last menses)

As for vitamins- I was on gnc Pre natals, royal jelly, vitamin e, folic acid.

As for meals - I didn't take bananas and any cooling fruits. Also no tea and coffee, including green tea, chrysanthemum tea, Chinese tea etc. no cold drinks too. Took Brazilian nuts and zhen soup (before ovulation for the soup), Brazilian nuts all the way and oh - chicken essence after ovulation too. And of course veggies and fish many many.

Hope this helps.
    yukki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried View Post
    Hi, do you have anything to share that can offer yukki help??

This thread is and will be dead if ladies bfp-ed and stop helping others who are kinda going thru a hard time to conceive....
    Before seeing traditional chinese medicine, I bfp once but mc at 7 weeks, then I chance upon this thread and started seeing Dr Su. I quitted cold drinks and drink Longan red tea almost everyday and Zhen drink once a week. Got another bfp after taking her medicine for 4 months but mc again at 5 weeks. I never do bbt but I bought cheap OPK sticks online to check if I ovulate. After seeing dr su for 8 months I decided to switch to another traditional chinese medicine dr lian. Got bfp after the 3rd month. During these period, me and my husband also try out feng shui and diligently follow all the things that the feng shui master taught us. So I am actually not sure which one help us the most but I believe all do help us. My husband and I really grateful to all the helping hands we have.

not forgetting my husband also been taking GNC men's multi vitamins and CoQ daily.
    yukki likes this.

Hello ladies

How's everyone's weekend?

Dragontail! Enjoy your trip

Yukki I think the ladies have offered very good advices. I know how it feels when we tried so hard and we still see red every month. I feel it's good for you and your hubby to go for physical checks and if all is well for both of you, opk will help determine a more accurate timing to do the deeds. Then again some friends have advised me to bd after menses as soldiers technically can survive for 3-7 days inside the woman's body and able to catch the egg during its release. Most importantly dont't let the stress of trying to concieve-ing affect you and your hubby as the mental state is critical for conception too.
    yukki likes this.

Hi yukki. Me bfp twice but they were not viable in the end. I'm still trying, though I feel age is catching up and honestly I lose a little hope everytime I see red. But I feel so long as we women still ovulate, there's a still a chance (provided your hubby is also sent for checks). Jiayou and all the good luck to you.

Thanks superwoman

Dragontail!! Good trip so far? Hehe.... Miss seeing you post!

Yukki (dragontail & Shez & Poohy & momomum & lovesbaby & lishan.. I'm on a roll tonight with my memory! Haha..), dont't lose hope. I tried for around close to 2 yrs... Some ladies hit bfp them miscarried... While during those 2 yrs.. I never hit bfp (even with 6 or 7 iuis)... & I cried a lot, thinking I can never get bfp... Then when I finally got a bfp.. it was twins... But then lost 1 darling at week 9.. never ever stop believing we can be mums someday ya?

Worthy Lady

Yup yup!!! Yukki, dont't give up! I'm still trying to concieve-ing too!

Imperial Concubine
    Dragontail! Miss you! you are back!

Yukki..dont give up..we are all still trying our best.
    traditional chinese medicine still tiaoing my body...guess sinseh still trying to balance my hormones.
    yukki likes this.

Yu hoo good morn!

Still in OUR FAV COUNTRY. Coming back tomorrow. My holi gonna end soon. Why??

Has any mommy popped yet while I am away??

Show you all this.... omg so cute how not to melt?
    Panda mummies are also very 伟大。I miss my mom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131015_215857.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	113449  

hi gnissim23, the chinese traditional chinese medicine that i am currently visiting is at amk opp nanyang polytechnic...Zou Yu Min chinese sinseh...
    i been taking the chinese med for about half a year...so ttl i have been trying for about 1 and a half yrs still no good news...

Quote Originally Posted by happilymarried View Post
    Hi yukki! Firstly.. you still young! Like what the rest have said... Fertilisation and implantation are both areas that we have no control and visibility.. I'm an ivf mtb... Not afraid to share.. I went thru hell.. first step is to do hsg test (you can Google this) to make sure your hubby's sperms are not shooting into a wall. traditional chinese medicine will not be able to tell if you have clear or blocked tubes. Neither can vaginal scan show. Second is to test hubby's sperm.. if it's moderate or so so only, you can get him to see traditional chinese medicine for herbs and/or accupunture and also take western multi vits. . Thirdly, you can use opk to test LH surge (bd for the next couple of days or alternate days) and/or go to gynae for very scan to check egg growth (if any) and to check lining thickness. Lining above 9mm to 16mm is very good for implantation. My probs were no egg (I had to have stims) and very thin lining... So I needed help in that area... Hope that helps you.... Jiayou!

hihi happilymarried...the chinese sinseh commented that my body is too 'liang' .. 'cold'...thus i need to tiao and pu my body...i did went to gynae to check...gynae say if i did ovulate properly, shouldn't be too big a problem and suggested my hubby to do sperm test..till now my hubby yet to done the test...i also avoided eating cold stuffs or even cooling food, tea..i only drank coffee which the chinese sinseh say it's alright... btw what is ivf?

Quote Originally Posted by TVH View Post
    Yukki, I was taking GNC prenatals then I rem someone told me the GNC formula not very good so I switched to Blackmores conceivewell gold. Is your hubby taking any supps? Sometimes problem doesn't lie with women, could be low sperm quality or count from men. If he hasn't started on supps, perhaps it is good to ask him to start taking supps. I trying to concieve for a year before I got my bfp. Along the way, there were countless heartbreaks when I saw red every month. I wanted to give up many times too. I cried a few times throughout that journey too. I finally got my bfp in Jan and just popped my darling baby out. So dont't give up hope.
    hihi TVH, am not too sure about GNC too..but i only started taking it a few days ago...my hubby used to take chinese med but stopped for a few months as it's quite costly... :P i really tried hard and always end up disappointed upon seeing red every month... yeah congrats to you~ so happy to hear your experience and good news!

Quote Originally Posted by littlej View Post
    Hey there yukki! I echo the view of the ladies here.

I'm not sure what you have done at your gynae. But there were a couple of tests I've done - sperm check, monthly egg and lining check, polyps checked (and removed), and lastly hsg. The doc I went also gave my hubby some herbal medication and myself medications and us dates to bd.

As for traditional chinese medicine - I went to see dr wu.

As for bbt - you have to continue monitoring and at regular timings. That's what I did cuz requested by dr wu! Fertility friend is a good app to use.

As for opk - I used clearblue. More ex but easier to see smiley or no smiley. I did opk twice a day, when to start - I used the date prescribed by clearblue website (just need to input date of your last menses)

As for vitamins- I was on gnc Pre natals, royal jelly, vitamin e, folic acid.

As for meals - I didn't take bananas and any cooling fruits. Also no tea and coffee, including green tea, chrysanthemum tea, Chinese tea etc. no cold drinks too. Took Brazilian nuts and zhen soup (before ovulation for the soup), Brazilian nuts all the way and oh - chicken essence after ovulation too. And of course veggies and fish many many.

Hope this helps.
    hihi littlej, thanks for the great advice...now i can only continue to take my bbt and start using opk...and also taking chinese med and the gnc pre-natals...
    how does brazillian nuts helps? i seldom took zhen soup...

Quote Originally Posted by prayinghard View Post
    Before seeing traditional chinese medicine, I bfp once but mc at 7 weeks, then I chance upon this thread and started seeing Dr Su. I quitted cold drinks and drink Longan red tea almost everyday and Zhen drink once a week. Got another bfp after taking her medicine for 4 months but mc again at 5 weeks. I never do bbt but I bought cheap OPK sticks online to check if I ovulate. After seeing dr su for 8 months I decided to switch to another traditional chinese medicine dr lian. Got bfp after the 3rd month. During these period, me and my husband also try out feng shui and diligently follow all the things that the feng shui master taught us. So I am actually not sure which one help us the most but I believe all do help us. My husband and I really grateful to all the helping hands we have.

not forgetting my husband also been taking GNC men's multi vitamins and CoQ daily.

hihi prayinghard, currently i have been visiting zou yu min sinseh at amk...have been diligently taking the med and avoid taking cold stuffs but i do still take coffee, not sure if coffee will affect fertility too? recently i was diagnosed with a functional cyst in the right ovary but the last ultrasound check seems like the cyst is gone...not sure if the cyst did have any impact on fertillity?

Quote Originally Posted by superwomancqy View Post
    Dragontail! Enjoy your trip

Yukki I think the ladies have offered very good advices. I know how it feels when we tried so hard and we still see red every month. I feel it's good for you and your hubby to go for physical checks and if all is well for both of you, opk will help determine a more accurate timing to do the deeds. Then again some friends have advised me to bd after menses as soldiers technically can survive for 3-7 days inside the woman's body and able to catch the egg during its release. Most importantly dont't let the stress of trying to concieve-ing affect you and your hubby as the mental state is critical for conception too.

hihi superwomancqy, yeah i do get really disappointed when i see all friends getting preggy and holding babies in their hands, till now i am still trying hard...my menses just over only, will continue to work hard..just that i dont know hw to capture the exact timing... :P

hi dragontail, happilymarried and shez...
    me will continue to work hard and really a big thanks to all the encouragement and wonderful experience you all have shared with me...
    *baby dust to all wonderful ladies here*