Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Did a quick read...busy morning. Omg. Maq you aint alone. Me in this forum app so long and I just ...

Did a quick read...busy morning.

Omg. Maq you aint alone. Me in this forum app so long and I just realised got "unread" option when someone just mentioned here! Aiyo so easy now. Lol I can't believe I have been scrolling and scrolling to last page. Noob.

Worthy Lady
    I did it before as pre requisite checks before seeing my doc.

It's kinda painful (as if having bad cramps when they start to pump some liquid in) which I asked myself if child birth contraction is like that...hahaha..quite an experience...

Doc did not ask me to take painkiller but I took on my own accord. It ease quite abit but can still feel the cramp...

Quote Originally Posted by ristymisty:842603
    Quote Originally Posted by fangning View Post
    Hi risty

I just did mine 2 weeks ago. Was nerves like shit also but all was well. The magic word is relax. I did it at Thomson Medical Center. Where you doing yrs. They will tell you what they are going to do step by step than ask you change and sleep on a flat panel. During e process they will tell you what they are doing. I feel okie during e process. Only after that around 20 min. There are some cramps. I just try to take hot drink after that than feel better.
    Thanks Fangning! That's assuring to hear. I'm doing mine at Thomson Medical Center too! Did you take some painkillers and hour before the procedure? I read online that some people advise that.

Me no action this month and dec. Sinseh likes for me to let him tiao for at least for one cycle of mine. So coming o we will not be active. Therefore planning a short trip in Jan during my o in that mid month to try a make-in-phuket baby. Haa.

Worthy Lady
    Want to start but cannot start. Even bd for fun also dont dare coz hub scared kenna baby during this stage when my lining is not thick enough...sianz..no bd fun for so long !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maqisa:842609
    anyone starting engine this month? mxlo? red dates? drgontail? getting quiet here...

Worthy Lady
    I just booked my trip to phuket in jan too!!!! When are you gg? Hope I O during that time too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:842625
    Me no action this month and dec. Sinseh likes for me to let him tiao for at least for one cycle of mine. So coming o we will not be active. Therefore planning a short trip in Jan during my o in that mid month to try a make-in-phuket baby. Haa.

RD! So coincidental. I have not't booked but saw jetstar flight details last night. Should be 10-13jan. That should be about my o date. Waiting for my hubby to check today at work if he can be away during those dates. When you going?

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

wah wah wah...so many going on holiday in Jan...me too!! LOL!! Cant wait to go man....take a break from everything!

But i doubt its my O time....but heck it ...just enjoy!

Oh that also is near our 3 years wedding anniversary. Take it as a lil anniversary trip

ME ME ME! * waving both hands high up.... Engine in full force this and next month. Dr ask me to chiong all the way after unclog whatever is inside after Hsg done last 2 week. Ha ha Wish me luck hope to have a big present from santa clause before e year end

Quote Originally Posted by red dates:842626
    Want to start but annot start. Even bd for fun also dont dare coz hub scared kenna baby during this stage when my lining is not thick enough...sianz..no bd fun for so long !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maqisa:842609
    anyone starting engine this month? mxlo? red dates? drgontail? getting quiet here...
    Maqisa likes this.

Worthy Lady
    Gg on 19 jan coz it's our anniversary. I booked jetstar too! I added 20kg of luggage for $20 and $20 for selected seats. All in for 2 pax is just $248. cheap cheap! It wld be cheaper if I dont add anything....quickly book else no more promo tix ...

Thinking of gg taiwan in jan too...coz hubby miss taiwan very much and also try to catch the chilly weather..

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:842643
    RD! So coincidental. I have not't booked but saw jetstar flight details last night. Should be 10-13jan. That should be about my o date. Waiting for my hubby to check today at work if he can be away during those dates. When you going?

Nope I did not ask for painkiller. But if yr pain endurence is very small than think you cam tell e nurse when you register at e counter.

The slight cramping pain is only when they *abit ra.. shot e dye in than they ask you to move yr butt left and right to get e perfect pic. For me I just concentrate on e ceiling lights and breath in and out till they say done.

The stronger cramp like pain is after e test I still walk to novena sq and drink soya bean than feel it. It lasted around till evening. I did my test at 2.00. Hope my experience help in assuring you. Its done in a flash. My test was a straight A* as per dr and ready to rumble. Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by ristymisty:842603
    Quote Originally Posted by fangning View Post
    Hi risty

I just did mine 2 weeks ago. Was nerves like shit also but all was well. The magic word is relax. I did it at Thomson Medical Center. Where you doing yrs. They will tell you what they are going to do step by step than ask you change and sleep on a flat panel. During e process they will tell you what they are doing. I feel okie during e process. Only after that around 20 min. There are some cramps. I just try to take hot drink after that than feel better.
    Thanks Fangning! That's assuring to hear. I'm doing mine at Thomson Medical Center too! Did you take some painkillers and hour before the procedure? I read online that some people advise that.

Worthy Lady

dragontail, my traditional chinese medicine doesn't do lengthening of af. only do acupuncture for ovulation. anyway i have stopped all traditional chinese medicine. waiting to see fertility doc now..

Worthy Lady

i wish i can be like you all.. chiong and hope for the best. but somehow, i think i have kinda given up, all seems hopeless.. cos i dont't think i m embarking on ivf.

Fangning, yes after a cycle from hsg will be good to chiong. All pipes cleared all traffic unjammed!

Rainbow, what makes you say that there's no hope? Who told ya that? I go and beat him up.

red dates: your doc confirmed your linning is thin?

Rainbow: aw.. dont sound so hopeless.. its just a passing phrase, I too feel totally hopeless and was so close to the brink of giving up. I vent my anger on my hubs for no apparent reason and seeing preggy ladies or couples with toddlers, I gets both envy and angry (with myself and hubs) and reading bout those who complain and rant while they r trying for their #3 (Yes! #3 and still make it sound as thou they r so xin ku trying for their a first..) I get fed up with their stooped rants and I was so tempted to shoot back sumthing, but I held back.. so I go do something else, something that's bad but i know it will make me happy (like spree shopping for shoes, buy stoopid and useless things *hubs words not mine coz i think my every single purchase are useful, in a way..*, try new eating place, drive around aimlessly wasting petrol, blaring the car stereo and speed a little on quiet road..etc..) i let it all out and after a while, i know the feeling of frustration will pass.. In other words i dumped all excess frustration from trying to concieve onto something that has nothing to do with trying to concieve...

datz how i maintain my sanity and stopped acting like a spoilt bitch to my hubs... so rainbow, dont get despair, dont give up, yes, we can be disappointed and sad and frustrated and angry, find a way to release all these negative energy.. do it in any way that will make you happy and soon it will be another brand new cycle, new hope. The most impt thing is, dont let the disappointment win, overcome it!

Worthy Lady

thanks maq and dragontail. why i feel hopeless? perhaps from my gynae who already told me to go for ivf. from 2 different tcms (yes, i went to a second one when i felt the first was not keen to help me anymore) who kinda gave up on me. just said keep trying till i m 50! to me its not encouraging, you mean i must try till 50 and finally give up? the 2 tcms whom i keep telling them of my af problems etc and whose meds didn't help and no response fr them. so now i guess i m left with the western doc- fertility doc, assuming he can help. when i need some help, no western/chinese doc is there to assist, so i think i m a hopeless case.. not to say if i go ivf, i will bfp too.

sorry i m ranting. i just feel frustrated.

Worthy Lady
    Maq, yalor...yrs ago when i do my regular check up a random gynae already told me that my lining is thin. Then lately, 2 wks after d/c my current gynae also say it's thin and he reckon that it used to be thin on an onset...sigh...

In the past tho having baby is so easy now really regret. Shld have listen to ppl advice of having kids early...

Worthy Lady
    Maq and rainbow, agree so much that you can find something to occupy yourself so that you dont feel so stressed up...

I have been committing on volunteering to occupy myself and to keep mind positive...anyway seeing ppl happy also makes me happy...you can try too!

Maq, lately I also shop alot and now I dont know what to buy ...

red dates: dont look back to the past.. coz I used to do dat a lot, esp when we keep trying, like rabbits, still not as successful as those bunnies, and to think I m part rabbit (龙头兔尾, dragon head rabbit tail).. si bei ironic rite.. 我是失败的兔子

I now resort to hiding any latest purchases frm hubs... I figure when my hubs dont see them in their newly purchase form (with price tags and/or in a shopping ctr carrier) he'll think its just random stuffs around e house or its just another items from our wardrobe, wahahahhaha..

Quote Originally Posted by red dates View Post
    Maq and rainbow, agree so much that you can find something to occupy yourself so that you dont feel so stressed up...

I have been committing on volunteering to occupy myself and to keep mind positive...anyway seeing ppl happy also makes me happy...you can try too!

Maq, lately I also shop alot and now I dont know what to buy ...
    wahahahhahaa.. the colored part frm you, I like.. you can be my shifu now coz datz like something I've yet to achieve... buy until dont know what to buy... haahhah.. you so cute...

Quote Originally Posted by rainboww View Post
    thanks maq and dragontail. why i feel hopeless? perhaps from my gynae who already told me to go for ivf. from 2 different tcms (yes, i went to a second one when i felt the first was not keen to help me anymore) who kinda gave up on me. just said keep trying till i m 50! to me its not encouraging, you mean i must try till 50 and finally give up? the 2 tcms whom i keep telling them of my af problems etc and whose meds didn't help and no response fr them. so now i guess i m left with the western doc- fertility doc, assuming he can help. when i need some help, no western/chinese doc is there to assist, so i think i m a hopeless case.. not to say if i go ivf, i will bfp too.

sorry i m ranting. i just feel frustrated.
    hey now, Rainbow.. you dont hve to say sorry.. you can rant all you want.. I believe we r all here for one another... I know how bad e frustration can get more so esp when your gynae and traditional chinese medicine docs seems hapless about your af prob... Still, rainbow, sometimes things is very funny .. when you think you r already at the end of the road and you think theres no other way out, and you r just about to back off and forget all about it, a new path just suddenly appear. If you feel that IVF is something you can look forward to, and you have time and monies to go for it, why not? provided you r ready (mentally) to face whatever outcome, be it happy or sad, that comes with ivf.

we also talk about ivf. I m not ready as I know myself. Coz I know the stakes for ivf are high, and for my character, whenever I vested so much into something n I dont see the result I desire, I will break. Therefore ivf which supposingly cld be an option for me, I chose to opt out of it, at least for now...

Rainbow, if you r not ready for ivf, and if you think you r not strong to go thru it now, give yourself some time, built yourself stronger (mentally, and that's what I m doing as well..) so when you embark on the journey of ivf, you will be able to face any consequence, good or bad, happy or sad with a stronger, better self. Jia You!!!

Fangning: me just curious about your Hsg test.. what made you wanna go for the test? I mean I was thinking what if I have blocked fallopian tube and I wasn't aware and still goondu goondu trying to concieve-ing blindly...

any signs to look out for (frm our body) that sorta tell us that we shld do a hsg test?

Worthy Lady
    Rainbow, jia you!

The physical and emotional aspects are real big concerns. But dont think negative, perhaps you can ask your doc about the success rate based on your condition. If it's on the high side then perhaps worth a try and the outcome cld be positive. So dont give up yet.

Just concentrate on fertility treatments and see how first.