Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

  • You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Rainboww...true...dont give up! Continue jia you... dont get too affected by ppl's feedback or comments... *hugz hugz*...

  1. #18876
    Imperial Concubine yukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    506
    Rep Power
    4
    Rainboww...true...dont give up! Continue jia you...

    dont get too affected by ppl's feedback or comments... *hugz hugz*

  2. #18877
    Imperial Concubine yukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    506
    Rep Power
    4
    Oh hey gals..just wanna share with you gals the ovulation predictor kit using saliva...this is a pic of hw it looks like...

    Most importantly ting is it can be re-used every month...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131125_220225.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	114991  

  3. #18878
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    Maq, you have not done the test? Perhaps you shld ..at least know if your "machine" is technically ok.

    I did both hsg test and another similar test for ovaries or uterine (cant rem but procedures are similar). After that I feel more an xin that everything is cleared.

    It's inexpensive if you go Kandang Kerbau Hospital with a referral letter. They will refer you to Kandang Kerbau Hospital to see a fertility doc.

    Actually it didn't came to me and my hub that we shld see a doc as we only tried for 1 yr. It happened that his friend asked him to go polyclinic get a referral ltr and we blur blur ended up in Kandang Kerbau Hospital and seeing a fertility doc. Fr then we did all sorts of chks and ended up finding out that im not ovulating and was given clomid. Afterwhich, I got preg after 1 cycle. Moreover, I was travelling heavily during that period that I conceived. Seriously, with a referral ltr really made things very cheap. After I got preg, I kan cheong and immediately switch to private and I can really see the big contrast btw a subsidised and pte patient. Seeing the same doc at same clinic, same waiting time but pay diff price...-_-"

  4. #18879
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    Looks interesting!!

    Where can I get this?


    Quote Originally Posted by yukki:842743
    Oh hey gals..just wanna share with you gals the ovulation predictor kit using saliva...this is a pic of hw it looks like...

    Most importantly ting is it can be re-used every month...

  5. #18880
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    Maq, really dont know what to buy ..nothing interest me now....but i think the saliva predictor that yukki just posted a min ago had stuck my interest..I want that!

    I even hav baby heartbeat blooper machine :P

  6. #18881
    Imperial Concubine yukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    506
    Rep Power
    4
    Red dates...i bought it online...you search for maybe baby ovulation...then it will bring you to their homepage...then you can order online from their pharmacy in australia...

  7. #18882
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9
    Usa shopping sites have many Black Friday sale now which can be a steal. This sale is one of the best throughout the year. For online shopper fan like me, it's not trying to concieve chiong now but shopping chiong. You all can try too

  8. #18883
    Worthy Lady fangning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    4
    Oh I did a verginal scan and all is well but I have never have a bfp so dr ask me to do hsg to confirm all is clear before we embark in another cycle of bd. I also started opk 2 mths ago. After 3 yrs of trying blindly only on bbt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maqisa:842739
    Fangning: me just curious about your Hsg test.. what made you wanna go for the test? I mean I was thinking what if I have blocked fallopian tube and I wasn't aware and still goondu goondu trying to concieve-ing blindly...

  9. #18884
    Imperial Concubine
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    spore
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    dragontail, where you chiong to shop for black friday? I'm looking at Amazon but nothing much interest me yet! share share sites!

  10. #18885
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    Share share sites! I love online shopping too!

  11. #18886
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Hee shopping gets women excited see!

    Not sure what you are like to shop for. For me, I'm cosmetics/skincare/toiletrees/home fragrance junkie. So these are what I may "sarp"! :

    Walgreens Coupon Offer | Walgreens

    Coastal Scents

    FREE SHIPPING & 20% OFF!

  12. #18887
    Imperial Concubine MXLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    SPORE
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Quote Originally Posted by red dates View Post
    Maq, you have not done the test? Perhaps you shld ..at least know if your "machine" is technically ok.

    I did both hsg test and another similar test for ovaries or uterine (cant rem but procedures are similar). After that I feel more an xin that everything is cleared.

    It's inexpensive if you go Kandang Kerbau Hospital with a referral letter. They will refer you to Kandang Kerbau Hospital to see a fertility doc.

    Actually it didn't came to me and my hub that we shld see a doc as we only tried for 1 yr. It happened that his friend asked him to go polyclinic get a referral ltr and we blur blur ended up in Kandang Kerbau Hospital and seeing a fertility doc. Fr then we did all sorts of chks and ended up finding out that im not ovulating and was given clomid. Afterwhich, I got preg after 1 cycle. Moreover, I was travelling heavily during that period that I conceived. Seriously, with a referral ltr really made things very cheap. After I got preg, I kan cheong and immediately switch to private and I can really see the big contrast btw a subsidised and pte patient. Seeing the same doc at same clinic, same waiting time but pay diff price...-_-"

    Red dates, how did you tell the polyclinic that you need a referral letter to do HSG? And once you have the referral letter you just call and make appointment and do you need to see the gynae in Kandang Kerbau Hospital before doing the test?

    Sorry , need your guidance! I also heard from my friend say go polyclinc get referral letter to Kandang Kerbau Hospital to do all these test are so much cheaper. Just in case i need to do IUI or IVF, got subsidise ?

  13. #18888
    Imperial Concubine
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    spore
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    oh yesh...shopping takes our mind off trying to concieve and make us happy! online shopping also!
    do they deliver direct to spore or need to go thru some agents? so far i only order thru motherhood spree or amazon. hehe

  14. #18889
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    Mxlo, easy ! I just tell the doc at polyclinic that you want a referral letter to Kandang Kerbau Hospital as I hav prob to conceive. They will make the 1st apptm on behalf and you will need to see a fertility doc in Kandang Kerbau Hospital before he sends you for the test. Actually you can be upfront w the Kandang Kerbau Hospital doc that you want to do a hsg test and he will schedule you for it.

    Depending on the assessment, doc might even send you for other tests before going for hsg. just bring along the reports if you have done other tests before...maybe can save doing some tests. For me, I did not do any test before so I just did those tests that he asked me to do...

    If can, start gg to polyclinic soon coz the apptm date cld be a few mths later.

  15. #18890
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9
    Some of those usa webbies do ship direct to sg. If not I will use vpost or my uncle lugs back for me

  16. #18891
    Imperial Concubine MXLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    SPORE
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Quote Originally Posted by red dates View Post
    Mxlo, easy ! I just tell the doc at polyclinic that you want a referral letter to Kandang Kerbau Hospital as I hav prob to conceive. They will make the 1st apptm on behalf and you will need to see a fertility doc in Kandang Kerbau Hospital before he sends you for the test. Actually you can be upfront w the Kandang Kerbau Hospital doc that you want to do a hsg test and he will schedule you for it.

    Depending on the assessment, doc might even send you for other tests before going for hsg. just bring along the reports if you have done other tests before...maybe can save doing some tests. For me, I did not do any test before so I just did those tests that he asked me to do...

    If can, start gg to polyclinic soon coz the apptm date cld be a few mths later.
    Ok i will go this Saturday to polyclinic. Thank you!!

    I actually booked an appointment to see Kandang Kerbau Hospital doc to do HSG test. But I cancel because my sinseh says hold on. But I just wanna do it to be sure my tubes are not blocked. Since appt is a few mths away then ok .

    And one more question, when you see the Kandang Kerbau Hospital doc, do they arrange for HSG test straight away or still got to schedule?

  17. #18892
    Imperial Concubine Maqisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    so if we ever gotten bfp (even if it resulted in mc/d&c eventually), does it mean fallopian tube is in working order? sorry gals, think this qns shld be post to gynae but just wanna check check here and not waste unnecessary $$$ to those already rich docs ... sound cheapo huh...

  18. #18893
    Imperial Concubine Maqisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    also I m also worried (paranoid?) about the thin linning thing, if our af does not last like the norm 7 days kind (mine's just 4-5 days only) can we interpret that our linning thin? my af flow heavy for the first 2 days, then norm for day 3 then scanty on day 4. for this cycle...

  19. #18894
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    High chance no blocked tubes if ever bfp. My gynae wasnt quite worried about me having blocked tubes (when I asked him "do i need hsg?") when he knew I had 2 bfps before.

    I'm not sure if having short AF = thin lining. From what I understand from this new sinseh, he explains that having a longer AF (7 days) means our womb is deemed more healthy because Qi/flow is more smooth. No "clotting" of our fertiliy system. So not sure if this correlates to thick/think lining.

  20. #18895
    Imperial Concubine Maqisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    but I read that not every gal (those who conceive successfully and goes on to deliver healthy babies) have the norm textbook 7 days period. I think I asked my gp (couple of yrs ago..) if shorter af days is a warning sign, he said not exactly, as long as our period regular, 3-7 days considered norm ... thought I had my af worries sorted out, didn't know it'll still come back n haunt me yrs later.. sigh...headache...

  21. #18896
    Imperial Concubine Maqisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    least one less worry bout the hsg test thingy...

  22. #18897
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Actually like you said earlier, Maq, we dont go and calculate precision. Everyone's different and even ladies with short AF also pop babies like marathon. I just trust that my sinseh will give me overall boost from acu and whatever treatment.

    Dont headache ok.

  23. #18898
    Imperial Concubine Maqisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    just wonder why did you switch sinseh? thought you were happy with your previous sinseh? anyhow, I think its also good to try something else for a change, coz who knows, this sinseh is more suitable than the previous...

  24. #18899
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Both my bfps I was seeing my ex-sinseh. After my mc in Dec12, there hasnt been any luck. She has always been positive on my case... however I thought I had "waited" enough since my last mc so I decided to switch to another sinseh to have a second opinion about my condition. I went with an open mind (thinking maybe ex sinseh couldnt tell I got cold womb maybe? Or thin lining maybe? etc. All these of questions in my head). This new sinseh assures me they (other sinseh/gynae) are right that there's really nothing very wrong with my engine. He told me my womb is ok. I just need to destress and have acupuncture going.

  25. #18900
    Imperial Concubine MXLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    SPORE
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Dragontail that sound so positive!

    Maqisa dont scare yourself .....i gg for HSG becos i really dont know got block or not although my pelvis ultrasound everything looks ok. I those kind wanna know all ...so better to check and i might go for IUI or IVF later. But i also listen to my sinseh about holding on 1st and let her do the acupunture and stuff from my coming AF onwards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Connect With Us

facebook twitter rss

MummySG Facebook Group

Loading...
All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:24 AM.