Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

  • You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Not only the women needed to relax, the men need to relax too! My masseur was telling me she've been ...

  1. #18926
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Not only the women needed to relax, the men need to relax too! My masseur was telling me she've been trying for 3yrs and few months ago, her husband stopped working due to retrenchment and became a happy househusband.. She is now 4months pregnant.

    But then, Singapore life how to stop working.. Maybe can go for a short holiday.

  2. #18927
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    No ..that was the prev time ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Maqisa:842993
    Red dates: hey you r preganant?! congrats!!!! oh my goodness... you got it on your first try...

  3. #18928
    Imperial Concubine MXLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    SPORE
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    I was reading and wondering about some stuff and i hope the ladies here can enlighten me...

    Someone mention like doc told her that she is not ovulating and in which way can the doc tell? vaginal scan? So most likely you will have to go see doc a few times?

    Sorry ...am jst preparing myself....hahahahaha!!

  4. #18929
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Good morning TGIT.

    Mxlo, yes gynae will do a transvaginal scan. You will need few visits within your cycle. Based on my own experience, first he wants to check my mense flow during 1st or 2nd day of AF. Based on your cycle pattern, he will have you revisit to scan your follies, ie those eggs brewing in your ovaries, just couple of days before you pop out egg (ie ovulation). He may ask you to do opk which will mark your coming ovulation. Meaning once you get a positive opk, visit him so he can scan you at the right moment. He will advice you when to go back to him (usually just a few days after your positive opk) whereby he will scan your ovaries again. He will have the expertise to tell if your egg did pop (or not).

    Not sure of others’ experience is same same. Maybe mine a little different because I was on Gonal-F treatment. A self injection for egg production (similar to IVF kind. But in much smaller dosage).

  5. #18930
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    Exactly, I asked myself this qn too..how the doc knows? But I keep forgetting to ask him...nvm let me go find out fr my doc when I see him again in end dec.


    Quote Originally Posted by MXLO:843035
    I was reading and wondering about some stuff and i hope the ladies here can enlighten me...

    Someone mention like doc told her that she is not ovulating and in which way can the doc tell? vaginal scan? So most likely you will have to go see doc a few times?

    Sorry ...am jst preparing myself....hahahahaha!!

  6. #18931
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    Dragontail, sounds like what I had gone thru. Perhaps this is hw doc dignosed. Anyway I left it to his expertise.

    Doc told me that I have to stop clomid and I got a feeling that he might asked me to do the injec to ovulate when I visit him again in dec...knowing him, he will keep things in suspends first when he is going to tell me something "scary"....

  7. #18932
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Basically what the gynae looks out for are two things to determine one has ovulated. 1) corpus luteum - it’s the remain of the follie when the egg pops out. When doc can spot that corpus luteum, it means you ovulated. 2) thickening of lining – when one has ovulated, she will produce progesterone which also sends a signal to your body to thicken the uterus lining for aiding of possible conception/implantation. Our body is so amazing!

    RD, hee your doc likes to play game with you? Yes I had the HCG shot to help me pop my egg. I did this treatment for 2 cycles.

  8. #18933
    Imperial Concubine Maqisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Quote Originally Posted by red dates View Post
    No ..that was the prev time ...
    oops... my bad..

  9. #18934
    Imperial Concubine Maqisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    I read that HCG shots r quite painful... true?

    actually I read up on SO-IUI... its like 1 step before IVF... maybe shall talk it over with hubs. Anyone consider SO-IUI?

  10. #18935
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Nah... not painful. But then I have high pain threshold. :P But it's really just a quick jab on the butt. I also did self-inject on the gonal-F on the tummy for 2 cycles. First time about to do it I was super nervous. Read all instructions countless times but when doing it, garung gabok and did wrong. Haa. Subsequent jabs were a breeze.

    I was considering IUI (not SO-IUI) though after the 2 failed cycles on the gonal-F. But I decided not to and take things more naturally because I didn't even like the emo part which the gonal-F did to me. I feel I wont feel comfortable going through such procedures any more

  11. #18936
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    Yalor..he kinda want to avoid unnecessary anxiety and will only tell when things are cast n stone...

    How many cycles so you need to do this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:843071
    Basically what the gynae looks out for are two things to determine one has ovulated. 1) corpus luteum - it’s the remain of the follie when the egg pops out. When doc can spot that corpus luteum, it means you ovulated. 2) thickening of lining – when one has ovulated, she will produce progesterone which also sends a signal to your body to thicken the uterus lining for aiding of possible conception/implantation. Our body is so amazing!

    RD, hee your doc likes to play game with you? Yes I had the HCG shot to help me pop my egg. I did this treatment for 2 cycles.

  12. #18937
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    No worries maq...

    Quote Originally Posted by Maqisa:843074
    Quote Originally Posted by red dates View Post
    No ..that was the prev time ...
    oops... my bad..

  13. #18938
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    what's the diff btw so-iui and iui?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:843080
    Nah... not painful. But then I have high pain threshold. :P But it's really just a quick jab on the butt. I also did self-inject on the gonal-F on the tummy for 2 cycles. First time about to do it I was super nervous. Read all instructions countless times but when doing it, garung gabok and did wrong. Haa. Subsequent jabs were a breeze.

    I was considering IUI (not SO-IUI) though after the 2 failed cycles on the gonal-F. But I decided not to and take things more naturally because I didn't even like the emo part which the gonal-F did to me. I feel I wont feel comfortable going through such procedures any more

  14. #18939
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9
    Iui is natural ovulation or clomid. So-iui is she has to do injectables to push production and maturation of her eggs.

    But note both need healthy fallopian tubes, ie no blockage.

  15. #18940
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9
    RD, each cycle is a fresh one...on my injectable attempt. I did two cycles but didn't succeed. So I gave up because I dont see why I need to pump more money or effort into this treatment anymore if it doesn't work for me.

  16. #18941
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    Oic! Dragontail, you are so knowledgeable!

  17. #18942
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9
    I do a lot of read up and ask many questions! Haa...all these are just theory. I still need my lucky day to come =)

  18. #18943
    Imperial Concubine Maqisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    true, no point wasting hard earned $ when SO-UIU didn't produce positive result.. read that odds are drastically lower after 3 round of SO-IUI.. dragontail: how much is SO-IUI now? 2k per cycle?

  19. #18944
    Imperial Concubine Maqisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    though I had my unhappy experience at Kandang Kerbau Hospital, I hve to admit their fertility treatment ie so-iui/ivf is still top. their success rate with iuf is one of the highest in sg.

  20. #18945
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9
    Maq my buddy did her ivf in Kandang Kerbau Hospital and it was no bad experience...already now about 15weeks preg.

    I didn't do iui. Not sure how much it costs. My gynae was a private one so I'm sure it will be quoted higher than say Kandang Kerbau Hospital?

  21. #18946
    Imperial Concubine Maqisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    me actually thinking of so-iui coz not as invasive as ivf...

  22. #18947
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9
    I wonder if so-iui has a series of pre counselling too. For ivf, there's pre counselling like what to expect. And how to manage the emotions if it wasn't successful etc. So you can see ivf is quite a leap...can be emotionally thrashing since expection from the couples is higher.

  23. #18948
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    Yeah man!
    I must learn fr you..ask lots questions!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:843133
    I do a lot of read up and ask many questions! Haa...all these are just theory. I still need my lucky day to come =)

  24. #18949
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4
    Maq, why you got unhappy experience fr Kandang Kerbau Hospital? The only thing I dont like is their sulky staffs fr clinic d and sonographer..that that cld be bcoz my apptm is always on monday..monday bluez..hehe


    Quote Originally Posted by Maqisa:843139
    though I had my unhappy experience at Kandang Kerbau Hospital, I hve to admit their fertility treatment ie so-iui/ivf is still top. their success rate with iuf is one of the highest in sg.

  25. #18950
    Imperial Concubine Maqisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    5
    Personal ones.. coz my blighted ovum detected there n I did d&c there what.. so hard then get e treasured bfp only to lose it within a months time... I met 2 sonographer. One pinoy suck big time yaya n aloof took so long durin very scan super uncomfortable the next local lady super pro n nice. 2 extreme. But e nurse I must admit fm clinic d to hos admittance staff all pro n warm. Doc wise, I dont really lke 1 frm e a& e

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Connect With Us

facebook twitter rss

MummySG Facebook Group

Loading...
All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:20 AM.