Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Yukki, if something doesn't make you feel comfortable, then I guess better to stop. Dont make it a drag for ...

Yukki, if something doesn't make you feel comfortable, then I guess better to stop. Dont make it a drag for you. My acu with this sinseh so far is for general health balance.

Red dates, 2ww not recommended to eat raw or eat/do extreme stuff in case there's a beanie implanting. Other than 2ww, it's not of a concern.

Dragontail...Yay that's y i stopped acupuncture for awhile ...now am only on pre-natal vits and traditional chinese medicine powder...now on my mid of 2ww...

Yukki then I think better to skip raw for now ya. Raw has some live germs which are not friendly to beanie ( just in case!).

Yeah guess i shld stop raw for now...awwww..miss all the good food...good drinks.... dragontail...how you all do it ??

Fangning, good that you do those stuff now to destress. I'm also trying to jog and take more frequent brisk walks. Healthy heart healthy mind!

I happened to ask my sinseh if I can drink tea. I still love to occasionally drink teh xi kosong (like once or twice a week). He said for my case, can drink dont worry. He did ask if I have "bai-dai" which I dont. Then he said just drink. He said for me most important is I have to be happy

Yukki thing is I hardly take sashimi (maybe once a year? Haa. special occasion when I only want to try a slice or two). And I dont fancy much alcohol (no no for 2ww too !). So food wise I dont really miss much except for banana! I love banana but my mother in law and mom told me no banana during pregnancy therefore 2ww I also avoid.

Awwwww...dragontail...lucky for you...i'm a sashimi and tea and coffee lover...i will still drink red wine at times...maybe 1 or 2 glasses....i stopped taking cold drinks, tea and cooling stuffs...but occassionally i do take coffee... cannot resist the sleeping monster in me at work...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Dragontail: hey gal.. my mom told me dont take banana... apparently banana under the same ''danger fruit'' category as pineapple. I m perfectly ok with it as I hate banana... gals, may I ask whats so shiok bout raw food? apparently, sashimi sound so super yummy the way you gals crave for it,i dont even take the Yu in Yu sheng, and everyone just laugh at me and said I dont know how to eat... I really cannot imagine sumthing uncooked in my mouth and having to chew it.. I tried a teeny weeny bite size raw fish frm the yu sheng and i got goosebump the min i put it in my mouth, like whole body shrivel up like dat..

Yukki: wa, 2ww huh.. that feeling is so argh, rite? the is it or isn't it is enuff to make us go grab a hpk and do stoopid thing (like testing way too early..) the suspense is both killing and pleasure ( anticipating sumthing really happy to happen..)... i know its pointless to tell you dont go thinkin bout it coz somehow, we Will still go think about it, maybe not constantly, but i know not a day passes Not thinking bout it.. heeheehee... enjoy the torture, my dear friend...

me bout to start hmwk very soon... told hub must be extra hardworking this coming week... luckily he still as on as before.. since i still (stubborn i know, go ahead gals, scold me..) didn't wanna get any opk to test for O... didn't want the add stress (like i m not stressful enuff, sigh..) of trying to decipher the dark or lighter shade on the kit.. so i just show hand this month and leave it to god... and also my friggin ewcm 又不争气... damn

Pls god least let me O this month coz no O, all these bd like so wasted...

As the saying goes about one's meat is another's poison (something like that )?

I also cant understand why people like steak. Haa can tell I dont take beef. In fact I dont take 4-legged food. My hubby is a meat lover. I see him eat meat like very shiok but I dont crave for it. I love seafood though.

That said, my sinseh advices me to eat beef. I dont have enough protein. I'm gonna try steak next week! So you can also tell I will do anything for trying to concieve .

Yukki: you got used the new detecting O gadget or not? how? did you see any fern-shape?

Maqisa..yesh the feeling of waiting is torture n awwwwww...more or less i know no hope this cycle.. expect af to come when i'm on holidays...so sian...hehehehehe...bbt tis month dont look good..temp dipping at 5dpo and 9dpo...anyway dont care this month ...wanna gg holidays and shopping...

Dragontail: its good your man adores meat! in fact beef is very good for man ... I LOVE beef esp gu bak mee.. hmm.. yummy yummy oh man, you , talk bout beef now i m craving for the east coast beef noodle... and i read in the paper that the hawker ctr is FINALLY re-open after mths of closing for some construction work... Beefy noodle, wait for me, here i come... (die, sure goin to dream of beef noodle tonite..)

Dragontail this coming cycle then I will start acupuncture. 1st visit was to cleanse my womb and 2nd visit was to follow up in the cleansing and gave me pills to prep for my coming af. Coming 3rd visit Sinseh ask to visit her on my 5cd...so now I waiting for af to come...should be these few days.

Yukki did you mention your are going L.A?? dont't forget to shop till you drop. (As if you will forget kaka).

Maq, oh me n my man were just talking about that hawker beef noodles 2 days ago. But he said might not be reopened yet. So confirmed it's open for business again ya?

haha looks like you're a big fan of beefy! I stopped beef like 2 decades already...wanna pick it up again takes a lot of courage. Hmmm....

Yukki: aiya.. dont care bout the bbt reading, just take it and record for future ref sake.. i mean, the art of conception is truly an amazing phenomenon, many docs and experts are also baffled by it. I believe as long as we r still trying, we still got the hope..

Think shld be open , coz i read in the paper (on sat) that the hawker ctr has re-opened and i already bugged my old man to go there asap... But the old man has retired and apparently his son has taken over the cooking, some say standard dropped, but i think its still ok... yeah, i m a sucker for beef noodle, and steak and since i dont take anything raw, i order my steak to be well done (i will puke if i see traces of blood frm steak)

Oh oH, Dragontail, if you r goin to on some kindda beef maniac trip, do go try out wagyu beef... the bloody thing simply melt in your beef and its so good its almost like experiencing a beef organism... hahahahhahahhahah
    Last edited by Maqisa; 01-12-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Wa Yukki go US of A ... so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have never been to usa and i really wish i wld see New York City someday...

The beef noodle is for my hubby. Will visit ECP soon!

I doubt I will try wagyu because it's quite fat right? I dont't take meat fat . I'm recommended this place at east coast road too which serves grass-fed beef. Organic. Since I have not't had beef for so long, I'm hoping to start off with a good steak (ya bet it will be well done! I cannot stand blood taste) so that I can fall in love with beef all over again. Hee.

next yr is the yr of the Horse, and i read that its goin to be a ''wood horse'' so if your element is ''fire'', your horsey baby will be your lucky baby... just sharing sumthing fun and trivia here...

Dragontail: if the wagyu beef is grade A, the fat is not as terrible as porky fat.. also, the fat in wagyu is coin as ''healthy fat'', but of coz, as in all kind of food, we still take in moderation coz its still animal fat afterall...

gal, is it due to some religious belief that you stopped taking beef? if it is, then i really shldnt encourage you to take beef... very sinful

Maq, I watched a documentary on live stock slaughter. Regret. It changed my life for so long. Bleh.

Anyway it has been 20years...for health and trying to concieve, I will slowly introduce myself beef bit by bit

oh oh... on a more serious note, i hve given myself a deadline, if we didn't manage to conceive by March 2014 (cut off date for a horsey baby) then i think no choice, i wld chiong for IVF ... sian man coz i really really wanted a baby the natural way.. and i m quite wary of IVF.. all the injection, the retrieval process, the medication, the looming disappointment if egg or sperm (or God forbid! BOTH egg n sperm) is lao-ya quality... sian man, i m so so so scared of goin the way of ivf but i think n think n think, there seem to be no other way than ivf with a higher success rate..

Dragontail: Oh, i know what you r talking bout here... i watched one on piggy and for a while, it did put me off pork, i mean, i felt so sad and the piggy look so poor thing, and i actually found myself tearing while watching the doc... and i cldnt quite stomach pork after that..

now, i m ashamed to say i hve gotten back to eating porky n even make soup with pork ribs... i try not to think bout the doc anymore coz its beyond my control...

Maq, there are many things unexpected in life. Who knows you may strike naturally without the ivf route? I mean good to have plan b. But for now, no point go and think so much about it. So long both you and your man are in sync with the options, just go with the flow and leave things to the expertise of the doctors and the hands of god.