Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Hmm I think depending on yr tolerance level. I did at Thomson Medical Center and did it without a painkiller during and ...

Hmm I think depending on yr tolerance level. I did at Thomson Medical Center and did it without a painkiller during and after. The pain like mense cramp comes after the procedure half to 45 min later. If you are pain sensitive than think you can ask them for painkiller but I feel e pain is only after not during. Just got to relax amd focus on other things like e light bulb.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Soursop: My doc is a black nigro, Dr very something, her name very long,from clinic D. She gave me antibiotics and painkillers to take before hsg. The pharmacist said the antibiotics is to prevent if got anything goes into the uterus when They do the procedure, and painkillers to eat half hr before. Also dont know how come different charges, thought shld be the same hmmm

My hsg appt coming tues Morning, and I also schedule alot activities in the afternoon... hope it won't be So painful for me to last thru the day

Today at Dr Wu, seem little ppl, a thought can thru My mind, I wondering issit cny or Cos her standard drop then less ppl come? I hope not
    Last edited by littlehamster; 12-01-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Wow how come Kandang Kerbau Hospital double standard one, some given painkiller and antibiotics , some not....

Think I just pop some painkiller before the procedure to play safe.

i will update on the hsg when completed.

tomorrow going for the cd2 blood test. But tomorrow is actually my cd 3 but no choice cos Kandang Kerbau Hospital not open today. Shall ask the nurse about the med for hsg too.

Soupsop - pls update me becos i will go after CNY in Feb for HSG test. My appt with Kandang Kerbau Hospital is on 20 Jan to see the doctor. Referral from polyclinic.

I have 2 frends who did the HSG. One said painful and the other one said its ok. I guess play save just pop painkiller about 1 hr before HSG procedure bah.

Worthy Lady

Hello Ladies,

Good afternoon to all of you... hope all taken your lunch?
    Today is my CD15, tested OPK ytrday but as usual very mild fainted line, this morning discovered huge amount of similarity to EWMC, however not as white, kindly light yellowish... Dragontail, base on your experience, do you feel its consider as fertile? or close to fertile?

Mummygirl, have you started on your bd? If not, time to get busy.

Hi mxlo, my hsg appt is on 20 jan too At 230pm!!!
    just did my cd2 blood test. I asked a senior nurse if I can request for painkillers before hsg. She told me to just pop some panadol or any painkillers before the procedures. Meaning Kandang Kerbau Hospital won't provide I guess....

Breakdown of CD2 bloodtest (subsidized) as follows:

Prolactin blood test $19 (usual price $38)
    FSH + LH + E2 profile $55 (usual price $109)

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by soursop2014 View Post
    Mummygirl, have you started on your bd? If not, time to get busy.
    Soursop, not yet for this month.. keke.. yeah.. time to get busy tonight! haha... gonna seduce my husband tonight! lolzzz.....

Mummygirl i usually identify my fertile ewcm by how much it can stretch. Not really by color,although my ewcm is always clear. If it can stretch 3inches or so it means I'm ovulating real soon. I think for your case do opk daily. Might be around the corner since you said you got heap of cm.

Female Attendant

Af officially arrives. Just called Kandang Kerbau Hospital to fix appt for HSG test on cd 10 (20 jan)

Very scare. I read some old threads for advice. Some felt cramps and nausea after the test

I ask hub to fetch me after the test cos I scare I too weak to drive myself home

Anyone can offer any advice or past experience?
    Hi Soursop, just want to assure you that it is not as bad as it sounds. Before I did my HSG at Thomson Medical Center a month ago, I also read online and freaked out over what others comment. I went with great fear but thankfully, it wasn't as bad as I thought. For me, the pain is like bad menses cramps that lasts about 5-10 seconds. I took 400gm neurofen an hour before going so maybe that helped (I have low threshold of pain).

Oh and after the procedure, I went to take shuttle bus/ mrt home. I felt very slight crampy feelings but was otherwise ok.
    Last edited by ristymisty; 13-01-2014 at 03:46 PM.

OHHHHHH soursop mine also at 2.30pm! keke but i dont know where will i be cos gg for the 1st appt to see the doctor to do HSG test!

Will i bump into you?

Female Attendant

Hi ladies, just wanted to share that my hubby and I just completed our fertility tests, everything was normal and ok so I dont know why we cannot conceive for so long (2 years). We figured it is probably our frequency (ya sadly, we dont't BD a lot nowadays) and maybe I should be more alert on when I actually ovulate. Gynae prescribed me clomid. Has anyone actually gotten preggies after taking clomid?

Sianz... hubby is stress with work or we're always occupied with other stuff... rather than BD. Sometimes I think our S** life is getting bad to worse. Only do for having baby like that.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Mummygirl i usually identify my fertile ewcm by how much it can stretch. Not really by color,although my ewcm is always clear. If it can stretch 3inches or so it means I'm ovulating real soon. I think for your case do opk daily. Might be around the corner since you said you got heap of cm.
    Thanks dragontail.... , then I understand now, more of how it stretch rather than focus on its color...
    suddenly its like a huge amount of cm... but till now, no more .. yes, I will do a test tonight on OPk again.

Mummygirl it took me many cycles to realize my cm is like that....many cycles I tried to figure out color/texture (ya know, lotion and creamy sound the same to me!). So many websites tell you so many things. Then I realized my best bet is how stretchy it can get. I always get it right after that. Good luck and bd soon!

Female Attendant

Hi Doodoo123 and welcome to this trying to concieve family!!

To answer your questions
    1) I purposely go polyclinic to get referral so can get govt subsidy more than 50% of the bill. Cos I know it will be a long long journey (might endup doing ivf or iui) so better take care of my pockets $$$

2) if go private gynae or Kandang Kerbau Hospital without polyclinic referral, the price between the two should be around the same.

3) ya im currently waiting for my next appt to do pelvis ultrasound which is the vaginal scan that you are referring to.

normally polyclinic will only give referral letter if you have been trying to concieve for the past 12 months but no results. Of course, you can bluff bluff a bit
    For me I very kiasu and time is not on my side so I prefer to quickly do the necessary tests to check if there's anything wrong so can treat accordingly then to waste time trial and error. Tired of the 2ww and disappointment of seeing red every month

you can visit Kandang Kerbau Hospital website on fertility
    very informative
    Home - KK Women's and Children's Hospital

please feel free to ask any questions you have in miNd

ill be posting the receipt breakdown soon

Thanks soursop for the info and the breakdowns! very very useful... have you gotten your results back yet? hopefully they're good?
    Seems like a ton of tests we can do... so maybe i can go for the blood tests and avoid the very-scan for now... but so mafan total 3 diff days of blood tests ? plus polyclinic referral... means total 4 days leave :O

Female Attendant

Tgif!

Doodoo you remind me of dodo fish cake Welcome to the forum. Since you just started trying to concieve, just go easy....no stress....It strikes best when you are feeling relax. How old are you and your hubby?

I'm planning to seek 2nd opinion with a fertility doc at Kandang Kerbau Hospital regarding my fibroid. Will call the doc next week after my trip.
    Hello dragontail!! hee... oddly i dont't fancy fish balls / fish cakes... lol
    yar I'm trying to stay relaxed as much as possible... so trying not to measure too many things and "pretend" i'm not trying to concieve-ing...

Worthy Lady

Mummygirl it took me many cycles to realize my cm is like that....many cycles I tried to figure out color/texture (ya know, lotion and creamy sound the same to me!). So many websites tell you so many things. Then I realized my best bet is how stretchy it can get. I always get it right after that. Good luck and bd soon!
    Dragontail,

exactly... I been reading different websites and telling so many things which I ended up kinda confused... therefore I post here and ask... hope you dont find me nagging.. and fan. but if base on website, my O should be later at my CD24-25, now I only CD15
    Last edited by mummygirl; 13-01-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Female Attendant

oh i forgot to mention... i'm in my 20s, hubby in his 30s...

no prob about needing to have trying to concieve-ing for 12 months then get referral ... i've been married for a couple of yrs.. not difficult to convince and get referral :P

Mxlo, haha so qiao but most likely we won't bump into each other cos hsg is done at level 1 diagnostic imaging while your first appt will be at clinic D level B1. Hehe.

first consultation is only blood test and vagina (womb) check and also Pap smear if you have not done one. You won't get to do HSG on the same day unless its your cd 10 I think and there's available slot.

Doodoo, ya the whole fertility check is very time consuming. Start early cos the whole wait and checks take about 1-2 months to get the results. Then if results not good and if it eventually leads to iui or ivf, it will add on a few more months of waiting and timing.

basically this whole project makes me feels like playing game, got to clear stage by stage. No short cuts.

i won't get to know how's my test results until the next appt with the Dr on the 19 feb....
    Last edited by soursop2014; 13-01-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Risty misty and fang Ning, thanks for the advice.

after much consideration, I have decided that I won't be taking any painkillers before the hsg cos I want to go through it and have the experience

what is hag test for

what is hsg test for?

Worthy Lady
    Dragontail, mxlo, soursop,

I need some help here..

I just tested on opk...here is my result.. kinda dark line, does this consider positive? I m going to O ready??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140113_194620.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	117341  

Worthy Lady

We are trying to concieve-ing!

Ill b going for my hsg test if my this cycle not successful...