Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Littlehamster, its ok. I think most likely all traditional chinese medicine dr might say the same thing. I gave up. I actually ...

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Littlehamster, its ok. I think most likely all traditional chinese medicine dr might say the same thing. I gave up. I actually hate to see traditional chinese medicine as it is super slow. Even now I still feel bloated after taking traditional chinese medicine med. I think it may be pcos that causes it. I had booked appointmt to see my gynae next wk to take pills. I hope to solve my prob in an easier way.

Worthy Lady

Hi Dragontail, soursop, apple,

I appreciate yr kind comforting words..thks all for the encouragement!

Dragontail, you really can read my mind! I admit that I googled a lot about pcos information n the more i read the more i scared..but none ever mentioned anovulation would lead to "pre mature menopause"! Oh well, I guess you are so rgt to say that I shouldn't ponder over somethg which may not happen to me..

I truly understand that the theory of this issue will never be the same in the concept of Western med n traditional chinese medicine med. Frankly speaking, i do get much affected by this issue not because of difficult to conceive issues but because of early menopause which I never think of it at this moment..I always tell myself if i tried but in vain, at least i try, but i just cannot accept "early menopause" as i dont't have such genes! haha..If this is really true, i guess most of the females of all ages would also face the same prob rgt?? Sounds ridiculous..

I trust a lot on Western med than traditional chinese medicine treatment. Unless Western med cannot cure me, then i will proceed to traditional chinese medicine. I once heard Dr Su share this info with me.. ie if her child got fever or flu, she would never let him take panadol or flu med to solve his prob, would use natural herbs instead. At that time, I was asking myself this question.. if one were to have very high fever, do you think herbs heal faster or western med heals faster?? Whats wrong with popping a panadol n settle headache prob within a few mins?? hehe..I guess no one would hesitate to take panadol whereby it is the fastest method to solve the prob.

I will try to clear my doubts next wk when i visit my gynae. I guess i shouldn't let my mind goes wild at this moment over views of traditional chinese medicine n western med. I strongly agree with dragontail n soursop that traditional chinese medicine won't "guarantee" that we will ovulate monthly.. n i would feel its pretty common if one is too stress up.. I also do not wish to seek long term traditional chinese medicine to tiao to make sure i ovulate regularly( just to avoid "early menopause") even after I have my baby ( if i succeeded to have one). dont't think any of the gals would do that rgt? I guess its only for the sake of hving baby thats all..

Thks lots for enlightening me gals! Esp Dragontail.. a big hug to you!!

Apple, yes you are absolutely rgt.. the more i stress up, the more my hormones even unbalance..n the more i can't get rid of my pcos. I think the best is to "switch off".

you are like me, my menses tend to delay if im too stress.. like now, i kw for sure my cycle this month may delay or skip again..cos i couldn't sleep well, keep brooding over this issue. But luckily I get to kw this forum, get to kw nice people here.. if not, I will keep "zuan niu jiao jian" if i couldn't sort out this issues. Thks again gals!!
    Last edited by Lynn23; 26-02-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Worthy Lady

i went to the polyclinic this morning to ask for a referral letter and managed to get an appt on 10 Mar. shall see what the doc advise from there..

Lynn, just go easy on yourself and this trying to concieve journey. You can do it

I just did my hsg at Kandang Kerbau Hospital. I really dont't think it's just mild discomfort. I acted hero and didn't eat painkiller lol. (Should have of course). It was like super af cramp. Definitely didn't feel good.

But glad it's over.

Hi Lynn23, Dr Su do help alot of ladies here to get pregnant and her way of communication is that she is only confident with her own herbs and medicine and all we need is to just follow her instruction.
    I feel that if you can't accept the way her treatment or her "over-confident", or if whatever she say makes you even more stress, maybe you wanna consider to switch other traditional chinese medicine.
    You need a doctor no matter Chinese or western to give you hope and not make you even more stress

Worthy Lady

Hi prayinghard,

Thks for yr kind advise. you are rgt to say that I dont't really trust dr su now as she refused to give me ovulation medicine. I have polycystic ovaries. I'm different fm other ladies whose menses are regular n always ovulate. My menses cycle can skip a month n super long cycle. I would say its quite erratic. Besides, my menses is getting lighter n lighter which is far different fm previous yrs. If I dont't solve this issue fast, I'm afraid my condition would get worse. I would definitely need a stronger med to make sure my cycle gets back to normal before talking about conceiving. The symptoms of pcos n menopause seems similar as I got lighter menses n longer cycles which is why I'm concern if both issues are overlapping one another.My gynae already said patients like me doesn't ovulate regularly n if traditional chinese medicine dr doesn't assist me in this area, I'm afraid I might really end up going thru menopause stage! That will be too late. I intend to solve my pcos thru western med as I feel its faster, then later I shall seek traditional chinese medicine. I do not feel that by taking both med works. Coz if there are side effects, I would not be able to tell which one causes it since both also regulate menses.

Some gal got regular menses but does not mean they ovulate. Me is one example. Also lynn, you r not dat old rite? dont fret over menopause . Pcos also will get preggy. I read some uplifting stories on dat before. So dont think too much bout menopause n scare yourself.

Lynn, I feel very stressed reading your posts

Happy Thursday everyone!

Draontail.. wow you did hsg wo painkiller? Brave gal.. think you re type who can do natural birth wo epi. I respect...

Worthy Lady

post deleted.
    Last edited by crystalpink; 27-02-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Eh Maq actually I felt like crying when I started to feel the pain. I was then imagining oh my god people say labour pain is 100x more than our af cramp. Hsg feels like super duper bad cramp. So I think I will be almost dying if no epi man. I decided yesterday I wanna go c sect. Lol.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Haha. Dragontail, for me the pain I feel like cringe up into a ball, But the nurse hold me down in the thick blanket can't move and I dont dare move lower part. Felt so vunerable. For your age I think a c sect is a must .

Lynn, have you considered ivf?

Correct lilhammie. Couldn't move and we were supposed to put our legs flat at one point. Then so tense not allowed to move. Hate the whole thing!

Yes likely dont't have to act hero and go straight to c sect for me Haa!

Worthy Lady

Dragontail, sorry if i make you stressed.. i should be the one to feel stress.. cos now then i realised my prob is slightly more serious than others hving pcos.

Maqisa, yr scan is ok rgt? My gynae told me that pcos got 2 types, one is hving nice regular menses cycle but scan showed polycystic ovaries n the other is my case, hving irregular menses with polycystic ovaries. So my symptoms resembles of menopause symptoms which is why when I couldn't see my menses coming for that month, i fret. I scared it may just stop out of sudden since Dr su mentioned she got such patients like that.. ( if it is really true).. but i did not ask how young she was..

Anyway, I have decided to seek western treatmt, i think it works faster. Thereafter when i got my menses regular again, then i continue with traditional chinese medicine. Somehow I feel diff traditional chinese medicine have diff treatmt, got to try out to see the diff. For me, I am not sure if my "Bazi" crashed with Dr Su, haha.. coz she doesn't want to give me"ovulation" med despite i highlighted to her that my body cannot ovulate myself. She said im not suitable.. Im wondering if others without pcos is suitable , then why am i "not suitable"?? I have tried Dr Wu med for 3 wks n she could shorten my cycle from 58days to 37days. When I kw i got improvement, i really felt relief n comforting.

Dr su already can read my pulse that im quite anxious.. n the more im anxious the more my menses wont come. Yet she did not want to adjust my med accordingly.
    I agree with Prayinghard that I should go to a traditional chinese medicine who i feel more comfortable n confident n not making me feel super scared.. if not my condition would never improve.
    I am not trying to say that Dr su's words cannot be trusted but then im just a patient, i want to see "results". If there isn't results, no point talking further.. Actually, I didn't want to switch frm Dr wu to Dr su since i got see improvement in that particular month. Just that I got bloated tummy n i want to do acupuncture.

I can really sense which traditional chinese medicine med works for my body.. I think its impt to see menses coming every month before talking about ovulation or not.. if my menses always late (exceeding 40days). Then i think its confirm that traditional chinese medicine med doesn't work for me.

Now i feel much better, as i kw what I can do for the next step. Im not going to ponder if anovulation would result in premature menopause. I feel that dragontail's words are really true n encouraging! An eg of people who smoke, but not everyone would get lung cancer rgt? I really cannot afford to keep hving this fear till i really reach my menopausal age. This is really torturous n unhealthy!

Worthy Lady

littlehamster,

yes i did consider IVF. But not at this moment..cos my hubby not prepared yet. I want to make sure I settle my pco, seeing blood every month from traditional chinese medicine side n make use of this time to keep fit before I proceed.

I guess if i were to conceive, I would choose c sect. Haha.. cos i want to choose "auspicous "date!

Dragontail, yeah its more painful than af cramp.

For me the after procedure pain was worse.
    Cos hsg only sharp pain for like a few min but the aftermath is more painful and it lasted for the night

Luckily we only need to go through once

Imperial Concubine
    Lynn..since dr su med dont suit you and dr wu one helps..then stick to dr wu . I also switch from dr su to dr wu. But some succeed under dr wu some succeed under dr su..some dont succeed with either. It is all about individual body constitution. And sinseh not god so dont think they can cure all of us.

Dont keep thinking of menopause. How old are you?
    My mense also getting lesser and lesser as I age but I never thought of menopause yet. So dont't worry . Go do a full checkup with western doc.

Stress makes your body worse...cheers

Soursop hugs. I really didn't know what pain it's all about before the hsg. Now I went through, I really think women should deserve a big pat on the back for going through so much more than the men.

When I was home I felt quite weak. I felt traumatised. Haa.

Hope you get your dream come true soon after the hsg

Dragontail, hope your hubby got sayang you more after hsg

Worthy Lady

Hi poohy,

Thks for yr encouragement. Yes, I'm trying my best to "delete" menopause fm my mind. I'm 29 yr old. Btw, I would like to kw anyone taking western dr medicine n at the same time take traditional chinese medicine med to tiao body? Can it be done concurrently?

Worthy Lady

Poohy, since you have consulted both dr wu n dr su, how do you find their medicine? Any diff?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn23 View Post
    littlehamster,

yes i did consider IVF. But not at this moment..cos my hubby not prepared yet. I want to make sure I settle my pco, seeing blood every month from traditional chinese medicine side n make use of this time to keep fit before I proceed.

I guess if i were to conceive, I would choose c sect. Haha.. cos i want to choose "auspicous "date!
    Pcos can still results in pregnancy, just need the right treatment and give some time.
    Maybe this readup can help and give you hope.

http://tinyurl.com/lz8w3ec
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Getting-Pregnant-With-Polycystic-Ovarian-Syndrome.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	119608  
    Last edited by scang; 06-03-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Lynn, Good luck! dont give up ok! Stay happy, if not got lines on your forehead hurhur!

Worthy Lady

Littlehamster, thks. I burst into laughter!

Imperial Concubine
    Hi lynn..when I took dr su med..my mense sometimes also drag very long then come..thus I switch to dr wu. Though more regular with dr wu med...but also no good news. Thus I moved on to ivf.