Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Control line will always be this thickness and tone/intensity. Test line usually will appear no matter which day of your ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sopk.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	119740

Control line will always be this thickness and tone/intensity. Test line usually will appear no matter which day of your cycle that you pee on it (so I read online); and it can be super faint and you can just ignore it as it doesnt mean anything.

The bottom opk on my cd14 has a darker test line. But it's still not a positive because it's not as dark, or darker, than the control line. But for me, this signals my positive is coming so I would just start to bd. I believe the next day I got a super dark test line aka positive opk. And yes, the thickness of the test line must be thereabout the same as the control line.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Lynn your opk negative

Mummygirl, rest well.

Worthy Lady

Oh I see..thks lots for yr detailed explanation. First time trial when my bbt went up to 36.5.

Dragontail, can you help me to ans my previous query regarding the progestrone test? Im a bit confused about it.

Lynn i missed out your question earlier. I'm certainly no expert... and I myself have never done that blood test before.

But from my knowledge, that test can determine your progesterone level. Progesterone is produced after ovulation. If you do not hit certain readings, then it means you havent ovulate. And I dont think (i may be wrong) this test has the capability to predict when you may ovulate (if you havent ovulate) or when will be your next mense, if that's your hope to know. However, a vaginal scan may estimate when you're going to ovulate (because the scan can show the size of your follicles in your ovaries, as we know follicle size has to reach certain measurement then it will pop, ie ovulation).

Gals, I just tested...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140308_214319.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	119741  

Is it considered positive or am I seeing things?

Yes it's a positive. Congrats Maq. Time to choose a gynae

So I m not goin crazy huh.... oh man n I had a flight to catch next week... tix all booked.. oh no... I felt so bloody lost

Thks dragontail... I m lk still starin at e kit n can't really function normally... also I m still haunted by my previous m/c... lotsa neg tots runnin thru my mind... oh man.. when shld you see a gynae? And damn I stopped folic acid a while ago coz I was so fed up with seein red month after month. ... wish hub here

Congrats Maq!!!
    Finally your turn!!!
    So happy for you!

so what's next?
    are you going to fly to Aussie land to accompany your hub?
    if not, will there be someone at home to take care of you??
    Last edited by soursop2014; 08-03-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Worthy Lady

Hi dragontail, thks! I think i got the misintepretation of the progestrone test earlier.. yup now i understand. I thought its supposed to tell me about the last menses if ovulation had already ocurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn23 View Post
    Dragontail, I would like to clarify this issue. My menses came on 4th March. If I intend to do a progestrone blood test on the 21st day (ie 24th march) to see if ovulation occurs, this test is to confirm my last menses got ovulate ( ie 4th March) or to predict my future cycle??
    lynn, this one I know the answer!!
    its to confirm if you have ovulated for your current cycle (cd 1 on 4 march). For eg, if you ovulate on cd14, by the time you do the progesterone test on cd21, the results will show a certain level of progesterone hormone. If too low, means you didn't ovulate for this cycle.

Worthy Lady

Maqisa, congrats!

Thks soursop...
    I m currently stayin at my mom's place. My mom dont think itz a good idea to fly now.

Maq, how about sit down and clear your mind a little?

First thing first, the past was the past. You must believe this is the one. Beanie can feel you. So shoo away those thoughts. All you should fill up are happy ones.

2ndly, please see a gynae tomorrow morning. There are alot of walk-in gynae clinics (I'm not sure who is the best but when I had my first bfp I walked to one at TPY and I like him because he was very nice and gentlemen. Haa because he kept giving me assurance and also gave me a hand when I was getting up from the bed). I know everyone says no point seeing early... cant see anything on scan.... but this is the time you may need progesterone support. And do tell doc about your MC experience. And please dont expect to see anything on the scan.

Some people still travel during pregnancy. I think the best is to ask doc what he thinks. But if it's me, I will forget about travelling. No two ways about it for me. My hubby wont allow too. See if you can transfer name? or change date? If all these not possible, I will forgo and not think about it anymore. What's more important, right?

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by soursop2014 View Post
    lynn, this one I know the answer!!
    its to confirm if you have ovulated for your current cycle (cd 1 on 4 march). For eg, if you ovulate on cd14, by the time you do the progesterone test on cd21, the results will show a certain level of progesterone hormone. If too low, means you didn't ovulate for this cycle.
    Hi soursop, yup.. thats what i thought so.. you are very sure rgt? coz last wk I just consulted my gynae n asked her this qn.. but im confused by her intepretation as she said provided I kw when will be my next menses... n if my menses cycle is a 28 day cycle.. if not very difficult to catch it. But I thought its supposed to "confirm" ovulation had taken place for my current month rgt?

I dont't think it's appropriate to ask someone if she's very sure when you have seek help for answers to your questions. Lynn, I see that now you doubt soursop, doubt sinsehs... this can go on forever.

Worthy Lady

Oh if thats the case, then i can confirm no ovulation for this cycle or perhaps I "O" late.. then this progestrone test is out for me since its to be targeted for a 28day cycle.

Worthy Lady

Oh no ..dragontail. you kw that day my hubby n I were with the gynae for one hr!! I couldn't remember so many things.. so am trying to recall what she told me earlier.. but I kw Im on the right track as soursop.. but cos she explained to me too many info and im trying my best to digest what she said.. but i think she meant the same meaning as soursop as perhaps she used the other senario to explain to me thats all.

Yes you are rgt to say scan can trace the follicles if I going to ovulate.. blood test cannot always do weekly if not will go anemic. I thought of doing blood test but seems not possible now.

Dragontail: thks gal... lurve you n e sensible advice you just give. .. just got off e phone with hub... he is totally against me flyin over... n yes he's very happy.

Guess I'll see gynae next week n prayed hard this one stick.

Maqisa...congrats!! Take care... )
    Shoo away all those neg thoughts...stay happy!!

Thks yukki... I will def try... will update more if you gals r keen to know...

Lynn: your gynae very patient to spend an hour with you...

I rem I used to get real stressed n kan cheong n super emo when I see all our hardwork wasted monthly.. then I f care n dont bother frm jan onward... honestly, I really wasnt expecting anything this month...

Worthy Lady

Yes, Maqisa.... quite happy that she understands my concerns n willing to explain about my condition. Furthermore she charged reasonable fees. haha..this was my first time hving a long consultation indeed. I think not easy to find a gynae with good patience.

Yeah maqisa do update us more... def keen to know... ;p

Worthy Lady

Wow morning wake up to good news! Congrats Magisa! I agree with the rest, shoo away all bad tots! Positive thinking n you will be fine!
    Lynn, i went for blood test on CD23 too as well as per my kk gynae instruction. My reading is always very very low which meant that i did not ovulate. My traditional chinese medicine ask me to so for scan to c if have folices or not. It seems that i have but that time when i scan it was too small.
    I am now CD 43 n my af have not cme, my menses still so irregular. Going to c traditional chinese medicine this afternoon n c what she say.
    I think my mother in law start to rush me already just pass me another traditional chinese medicine name card say her frnd daughter struck the jackpotafter 3 visit. Anyone heard be4 Dr Tan Kian Sing from traditional chinese medicine Healthcare Medical Centre at Clementi?