Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 95 of 912 FirstFirst ... 45 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 145 195 595 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 22794
Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; @xiaohuiis Ovulation occurs most often 6-7 days after a course of clomifene (clomid). this is from wikipedia. @creeni yes those ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

@xiaohuiis
    Ovulation occurs most often 6-7 days after a course of clomifene (clomid).
    this is from wikipedia.

@creeni
    yes those cramps are normal.
    my sinseh advises me to bd 3 days before my expected o, then consecutively for 3 days from the day you are positive on your opk.
    follow as per what your doctor advises

Any suggestions from where to buy OPKs? I have checked watsons/guardian..any other reliable sources?
    I am going to buy for the first time..any suggestions to buy how many for a month?

I never use OPK. I just use a apps on my iphone (what to expect FERTILITY). My O Day should be on last 15 feb. but today i am having a bit of cramp & discharge a bit of clear colour liquid. So tonight i will try bd.

Worthy Lady

Hi happysoul, you can buy clearblue one but its pretty expensive. Or you can buy from this seller in this forum bbshop01 ... Its cheaper... I think its $0.70 per stick... For a start maybe you can get 15-20 sticks first ... How do you usually track your ovulation?

Worthy Lady

Sinseh did tell me to start opk next month if AF comes. So happysoul, your question is helpful to me too! Haha

I am using the period tracker app since 1.5 years or so, that's how I get the idea of ovulation days but I feel I ovulate few days earlier than the app so want to take it as a guide and want to be double sure along with the app so want to buy OPKs..

@Miko52 - thanks for the suggestion, will try the online shop..

Worthy Lady

No problem happysoul

I also used an app to track but usually its an estimation so its good to monitor your ovulation with opk.
    Last edited by Miko52; 17-02-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Now that my OPK is not defective (lol), I find it's good to OPK too. I personally think the tracker may not be very accurate because our O date may shift a day or two in a cycle. But of course if you diligent BD every other day during the fertile phase, then it's ok.
    Some months I get dangling EWCM and some months I dont. When I have that, I very much know that O is just around the corner. However this cycle, I dont have the dangling ones. I only could spot them when wiping. So I find the OPK comes in handy this cycle.

Hi miko and shez - good luck! No bd!

Hi dragontail - think tomorrow nite last chance to bd then radio silence.

Hi happy soul - I believe tvh bought clearblue opk from amazon and it is cheaper. For me - I used clearblue.

Hi creeni - if you have the time you might wish to use other methods including app. Personally I find relying on app is good to predict when af will arrive not for ovulation. Aiya if dr Su so much nearer for you then go to dr Su. I think her med also less troublesome - no need to boil. Btw you must be a very good cook

Hi dragontail - hahahah David opk has found favor in your eyes

And ya 6.9mil super scary. My gfs and I were saying we need to have a lot of $$$ saved for our kids otherwise they are not going to be able to survive in sg. our time still can get hdb at $200+ range - their time hdb will prob be like $800+. Then we were also saying need to save more $$$ cuz maybe need to send them overseas to study - maybe they will have a brighter future that way.

Ya our parents generation had it easier. Eh imagine my parents got hdb at a 5 digit number

LittleJ: ^_^ everytime i go to my gynae for scanning, she told me that i am o on tomorrow. Always same time with my apps.
    My son is very picky, he can become Mei Se Cia. Hahaha~~~ so i must keep improve my cooking skill. If no, my son will complain it.
    But now i & hubby are keep trying bd every 2/3 days. If near my O day i will try every 2 day. Sometime really no mood to bd, but no choice. Haizzz... I am still waiting my son to fall asleep he still dont't want to sleep.

Hi all..I'm new here.. Me n hubby trying to concieve since 5 months ago.. But no luck till now. I'm now at my 22nd day of cycle n hoping that AF WON'T COME. I've scheduled to meet a Gyne this 20th... I'm not sure how early can they detect PG but I'm also checking on my overall health as well..

hoping & Praying..
    quincy1986 likes this.

My folks also bought their 2bedroom flat for 25grand like almost 30 years ago. Now it can sell in the market for 8-9x its price back then. Our family started off living even smaller than 2bedrooms but we were very happy squeezing in that little pad. Now, life is so stress . Living standard is so different now. Cant go back to old times where popping babies are like popping popcorns! Maybe some of you didnt know this...in the late 70s, government had this campaign to discourage couples from popping too many kids. I remember there were lots of posters everywhere with two sweet little girls with tagline "TWO IS ENOUGH". Im sure the government wishes to take that back now. Haa.

Ok i still have not got a temp shift this morning. Maybe tomorrow? I think if tomorrow still below coverline, then means either I'm one who shows delayed temp rise or it's no no-egg cycle (will be first time for me ever since I started bbt). If no egg, I will seek sinseh's help next cycle to help me release one

And welcome, snowwhite! And good luck to you too. Btw, liking your nick as it's my fav fairy tale. Hehehe...
    Last edited by Dragontail; 18-02-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986 View Post
    @xiaohuiis
    Ovulation occurs most often 6-7 days after a course of clomifene (clomid).
    this is from wikipedia.

@creeni
    yes those cramps are normal.
    my sinseh advises me to bd 3 days before my expected o, then consecutively for 3 days from the day you are positive on your opk.
    follow as per what your doctor advises
    huh 6-7 days after the clomid .. then jialiat.. i am now day CD13 .. i took my clomid alike medi from CD2-6... but I started testing since CD10.. till now no surge sigh.. maybe I never O again ... sadded

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Ya it was LKY who said Stop at 2. Now they retract that statement and ask ppl to give birth, yet at the same time never giving us enough time to do that and they want to raise population to 6.9million to be filled with foreigners. Never attempt to solve the problem on the ground yet coming up with solutions to target surface issue. If they would go into forums like this, they would understand how hard we Singaporeans have been trying to conceive, the subsidies for the high medical costs and fertility kits that could have been provided are not yet there. Extremely disappointed with the govt. That time my gynae visit already cost me close to $500. And when I was contemplating IUI, my gynae told me IUI cannot use medisave, can only use for IVF. Extremely pissed.

Haha dragontail - I have seen that poster!! Eh I know this is a stupid question but if TFR is declining, how come there are still insufficient places at child care centers and schools - why still need balloting?

Oh dragontail - if positive opk means got egg right?

Welcome Snow White - have you taken traditional chinese medicine etc?

In case some of you cant believe what the government did then, see attached.

"The more you have, the less they get." Riggghhht.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twoisenough.jpg.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	98850  

Yes there are definitely more that the government can do to boost the population of the locals. I dont think they are listening indeed. Disappointed too.

Littlej, I have read that an anovulation cycle can happen even though your body shows all o signs and even positive opk. It's like your system is all geared to release an egg but somehow the egg just doesnt wanna come out. Feel cheated right? Lol. Only way to confirm got egg released or not is from either at doc's or temp shift in bbt.

I think the government should also not neglect the single mums. Yes I understand family cohesion and unity but let's face it. Society is changing, there are more and more women who are becoming single mums by choice, and marriage is not the only route for babies to happen. I have friends who have been happily together for 10 over years, With kids. i have friends who got dumped but they armed themselves with courage and perseverance and are now happy mothers. But the poor mum only gets 2 months maternity and under new rules, only 2 days of child care leave. And i think no baby bonus too. i believe there are other areas of discrepancies between married mothers and single mothers, and this discrepancy is of a huge margin not marginal difference. This really pisses me off - like why discriminate single mums when they are contributing to TFR. I think, single mums should enjoy similar benefits or perhaps at least reduce the margin of difference - 2 months versus 4 months of maternity and 2 days versus 6 days of childcare leave - geez.

My personal food for thought for the day
    quincy1986 and SnowWhite like this.

Or rather, my personal rant for the day

You are so right littlej. That's why I'd say those in their seats aint listening to the people. I feel really sorry single mummies. It's 2013 come on. How long do we have to wait? Come out of the shell please.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Littlej, I agree with you. A mum is a mum. Why should there be discrimination? Govt only knows how to keep pushing for birth rates so that we do not fall behind other countries. But the measures they have taken are not enough. We have so much reserves, where have they all gone?? Since this birth rate issue is of immediate and utmost concern, shdnt they plough in more money for subsidies and stuff?? Now is just a case of all talk no action. Even the enhanced package is simply not enough. They treat us like machines. I simply hate it.

Today 火气 monday. Hugs

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    Hahaha ya talk about the govt my 火气very big