World Breastfeeding Week '07.
WHEN: August 8, 2007 at 10 a.m. around the world
The date above was decided by the above event organisers to coincide with the end of the World Breastfeeding Week. Many of us in Singapore personally dont't like this date…. We have to take leave or choose to miss our children's national day celebrations in school. We hope those who can make it , please try.
WHERE: MacPherson CC, 400 Paya Lebar Way Singapore 379131
BMSG is the main organizer for the event in Singapore and have designated MacPherson CC the main venue in Singapore when we made the application with Children for Bfg, Philippines and WABA.
Why MacPherson CC? It's because they have been supporting many BMSG Meetings for the past year and we hope we can increase the awareness of the monthly meetings we hold there.
We are glad that more hospitals and organisations have decided to join us to make the numbers, Like Mt A, Kandang Kerbau Hospital, Nanyang CC and NUH! But we need to make the emphasis that MCC needs to have a minimum of 25 mums nursing between 10.00am – 10.01am for Singapore to be in the records. Which means even if you have 100 mothers nursing in Mt A, 200 in NUH, 50 in Nanyang CC, 1000 in Kandang Kerbau Hospital and only 24 in MCC…….. Singapore will not be included in the records. We hope you will understand.
FEE : $2 for mums and $5 for families .
It's more to guarantee your attendance. MacPherson CC will be catering lunch, giving out small tokens and inviting a magician and balloonist for the event.
Though MCC is not the most accessible place, we hope mums in the East Coast, Northeast would come by to make the magic numbers at MCC. J But if you really think it's too far, we'll understand but we still hope you could try.
WHY DO THIS? :
1. To gather the most number of mothers in Synchronized Breastfeeding Worldwide, that is, participants will breastfeed at exactly the same LOCAL TIME in their Time Zone. Like the celebration of New Year, with every hour in succession for a 24-hour period, countries in one time zone will be breastfeeding simultaneously. See enclosed list of countries in each Time Zone.
2. To make a permanent and on-going roster of the national records of each nation on simultaneous breastfeeding in a single site and in multiple sites, urging each nation to surpass its own record every succeeding year.
3. To establish cooperation between nations, each nation competing with its own record. The Organizers will keep a roster of achievements of every nation, (a) its record for single site. (b) its record for multiple sites, (c) the national record for breastfeeding mothers per million population as the true measure of their effort and achievement, (d) the overall record for each Time Zone, and (e) above all, overall worldwide record for each year. Each nation will follow a standard set of Event Guidelines.
4. To nurture a fellowship among breastfeeding mothers in their locality and country that may facilitate the formation of mother support groups.
5. To establish simultaneous breastfeeding as a form of universal prayer for peace and thanksgiving for the gift of motherhood and breastfeeding.
HOW TO REGISTER ?
Pre-register by calling the BMSG office at 6337 0508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrations Forms can be downloaded from http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/file...7_Reg_form.pdf
Read more on the event http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/bmsg-world-breastfeeding-week-2007.html
DEALS AT THE EVENT
MIM Slings at $30.00 (40% of the proceeds will be donated to BMSG)