Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Breastshields-Wrong Size?

This is a discussion on Breastshields-Wrong Size? within the Breastfeeding Mothers Support Group forum, part of the MummySG Special Group category; I'm using Medela Pump In Style. I've been trying to pump after each feeding and recently, I realised that my ...

Female Attendant
    Breastshields-Wrong Size?

I'm using Medela Pump In Style. I've been trying to pump after each feeding and recently, I realised that my nipples will swell to almost double the original size (esp for my right side) when I start pumping. It also gets really painful at times. And the suction from the pump is also very weak despite turning it up to the maximum power. After pumping for 10-15 minutes or so, the milk collected from my right side is only about 1-2 oz and yet I know that my right side is still full of milk because when I tried squeezing it manually on a few occasions, milk will squirt or flow out. I'm wondering if this problem is due to the size of the breastshields I'm using. If it is indeed due to the size, does anyone know where I can get breastshields of the right size?

Worthy Lady
    Re: Breastshields-Wrong Size?

Think if you need to change the shield, you can always buy PersonalFit shields from most outlets that carry Medela products. I've seen it at Mothercare and Mums&Babes. More info here: Breastfeeding Information Guide - Medela