Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Good Lactation Consultant to recommend?

This is a discussion on Good Lactation Consultant to recommend? within the Breastfeeding Mothers Support Group forum, part of the MummySG Special Group category; Can try Helen at Raffles Hospital. my wife and I found her helpful and patient in helping my wife n ...

Female Attendant

Re: Good Lactation Consultant to recommend?

Can try Helen at Raffles Hospital. my wife and I found her helpful and patient in helping my wife n baby with the breastfeeding process.

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by Starbat11 View Post
    Thank you so much. I tried to contact Sister Kang a week ago. She is on long leave =( and wont be back untill mid/late Oct. She told me that it might be a little late by then. She asked me to look for someone else to help me.
    hello,

how has it been going? i'm thinking of calling sister khang myself. baby now appraoching one month. hope you have not't given up, we must keep trying

Consort-in-Ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by bluecloudsaviva View Post
    Hi Starbat11,

how much is Mrs doris consultation fee?
    If you see her at NUH, it's $60 per hour. If it's a house visit, it's $120 per hour.

Imperial Concubine

i agree with Cmeilim! and erm, she nursed all her 2 kids, so she's had first-hand experience in nursing, unlike some consultants in the hospitals who only know the tjeory.

Doris Fok is the main reason why I didn't give up breastfeeding and am still breastfeeding dear daughter today. I will always be very grateful to her.

I had a lot of prob starting out and she was very kind when i called her up in tears, a few days after i was discharged.

She actually made an appt with me the very next day, before she went for work at NUH.

She didn't only offer me bfing advice but also gave me a lot of other advise on how to cope with unwanted comments on bfing etc. And she was very kind and understanding when this hormonally haywired mummy started sobbing and complaining to her.

Her charges are among the most reasonable in Singapore, but cos she works with NUH now, it may be more difficult to get her for pte consultation.
    Last edited by uddermummy; 10-12-2009 at 07:18 PM.
    I did what I knew. And when I knew better, I did better.

Maya Angelou

Consort-in-Ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by uddermummy View Post
    i agree with Cmeilim! and erm, she nursed all her 2 kids, so she's had first-hand experience in nursing, unlike some consultants in the hospitals who only know the tjeory.

Doris Fok is the main reason why I didn't give up breastfeeding and am still breastfeeding dear daughter today. I will always be very grateful to her.

I had a lot of prob starting out and she was very kind when i called her up in tears, a few days after i was discharged.

She actually made an appt with me the very next day, before she went for work at NUH.

She didn't only offer me bfing advice but also gave me a lot of other advise on how to cope with unwanted comments on bfing etc. And she was very kind and understanding when this hormonally haywired mummy started sobbing and complaining to her.

Her charges are among the most reasonable in Singapore, but cos she works with NUH now, it may be more difficult to get her for pte consultation.
    I totally agree about Doris Fok. She is also the main reason why I am still bf after so long. I didn't birth at NUH but luckily, she took me on as a pte client. I didn't mind travelling all the way to NUH to see her. I feel so reassured after just 1 session with her.
    Trigger06 likes this.

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by camom View Post
    I totally agree about Doris Fok. She is also the main reason why I am still bf after so long. I didn't birth at NUH but luckily, she took me on as a pte client. I didn't mind travelling all the way to NUH to see her. I feel so reassured after just 1 session with her.

Please text me Doris private clinic address please

Female Attendant

Any updates on this thread?

Any mummy went to a LC before giving birth? Or you booked them prior to birth? I had my 1st baby and only managed to bf her till 6 months only. But I did exclu pumping. Didnt manage to latch her bcoz pf short nipple. Now after getting more experience, I would like a LC consult first prior to birth so as to prep me better. Anyone have similar experience?

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by andieluv2 View Post
    Any mummy went to a LC before giving birth? Or you booked them prior to birth? I had my 1st baby and only managed to bf her till 6 months only. But I did exclu pumping. Didnt manage to latch her bcoz pf short nipple. Now after getting more experience, I would like a LC consult first prior to birth so as to prep me better. Anyone have similar experience?
    Hi Andieluv2, I'm the same as you. I also exclusive pumped. I didn't like thomson's parentcraft service as they were always busy and hence not very friendly. The sessions were also not 1 to 1.

Anybody hired sister kang from Mt A before birth before?

vel
    Worthy Lady

Anyone know whether sister kang still provide consultation ??

Worthy Lady

sister kang was my lactation consultant when i gave birth and i really like her. she is patient and encouraging. i saw her at the babycare festival and even though she's so bz she took time out to speak to me about my concerns of breastfeeding after going back to work. she also gave a talk on baby massage techniques and i found that helpful.

Worthy Lady

I loveeeeee Alice Teh from Thompson. She is sooooo different from others at Thompson that are harsh, impatient and fierce. She is kind, very patient, also makes sure I know how to do it myself rather than just showing.
    Problem is its expensive for house calls - Thompson rates are $190 for 1.5 hours and if you go to parentcraft center there is no guarantee you will get her - they will assign whoever is free. Parentcraft center is only $85

She helped me latch on day 4, massage my lumps away at week 4 and week 8. I wouldnt be breastfeeding my boy at 4months now if it wasn't for her. Expensive but worth every single penny!

Female Attendant

My baby is 2 months plus now and is currently bottle feed (formula) as few weeks ago he rejected my breast. Previously, every feed I will direct bf him first then top up formula with bottle. But right now I really missed and want to total bf him. I dont't wish to give up. Is there still hope to switch baby back to bf?

Worthy Lady

I'm also looking for good lactation consultant i can read about Ms Doris Fok ..that's is really good enough.i would try to visit her.

Worthy Lady

how does she work?

Female Attendant

Hi mummies

I would recommend doctor Shana.

She won't give up in encouraging your to breastfeed your baby.

She is a traditional chinese medicine Lactation consultant and traditional chinese medicine Physician.

She provides breastfeeding massage in Traditional Chinese medicine (traditional chinese medicine) way for breastfeeding mummy facing low or over supply of breastfeeding milk.

Suggest you make appointment at 9 864 864 7 OR 6280 3467 before going to her clinic to reduce waiting time.

You can know about her at the links below:

Clinic - Singapore TCM Confinement & Lactation Consultation

https://www.facebook.com/fmtcmclinic

TCM Lactation Acupressure,singapore,tcm confinement

Hope you enjoy the journey of breastfeeding as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbat11 View Post
    Dear mummies, I am having difficulty latching my baby on. I suspect that its due to incorrect latching.

I gave birth at Thomson Medical Center in late July 09. The nurses are very busy and have no time to ensure that I latched my baby correctly. I went back to Thomson Medical Center to get help after I was discharged. They told me to get a breastfeeding support pillow and nipple shield and kept asking me to look at illustration on hw I should latch my baby. In the end, the lactation consultant got pek chek on how come I still cldnt latch baby on. I was frustrated as well.

Following that, I have not gone back for help. I have been pumping exclusively for my baby. However, I really do want to have that bonding session with my baby. I am very envious of mummies who are able to latch their babies successfully.

Could someone give me an advice or recommend me a patient lactation consultant who wont give up on me? My baby is 2 months old. I hope its not too late...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2