Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Milk Bleb -- need to do anything?

This is a discussion on Milk Bleb -- need to do anything? within the Breastfeeding Mothers Support Group forum, part of the MummySG Special Group category; Hi everyone, finally my has arrived and have been on TBF for the past few days. So far only ...

Worthy Lady
    Milk Bleb -- need to do anything?

Hi everyone, finally my has arrived and have been on TBF for the past few days.

So far only exclusive latching on and not using pump.
    Just saw a milk bleb (white spot) on the right nipple. When baby nurses there's slight pinprick pain. Still manageable when I change to football hold position.

wondering if I need to treat the bleb or will it go away? Seeing my gynae in a few days and wondering if he can help or I need to see lactation consultant to treat it. The latter is more troublesome as need
    to book separate appt.

any advice ? TIA!

Imperial Concubine
    Re: Milk Bleb -- need to do anything?

A white spot? Do you experience blocked ducts? I had a white spot and blocked ducts. Rather painful. For me, I just allow my baby to keep sucking and I also use warm water to shower and massage the affected breast. If your baby dont suck very well yet, you can try pumping. No need to prick with needle bcoz if we dont do it carefully, we may cause infection. If it doesn't get well when you self treat it, maybe you can see a LC. GP and gynaes may not know how to deal with it.

JTS, dont over pump as you'll over stimulate your breasts and get over supply. Its not good to get over supply. I had lots of problem with it last time.