sayang, sayang. I had the same prob as you. Even now, after 2 mths, baby still gives me prob occasionally after using bottle or pacifier.
You may want to stop for a day and pump first to let your nipples heal.
Breastfeeding Help Videos - nbci
you may want to check out jack newman's video on assymetrical latch.
1. baby's nose should be level with your nipple
2. you should bring the baby to you and not your breast to the baby
3. baby's chin should be touching your breast.
4. baby's head should be slightly tilted backwards so that his nose is not blocked by the breast. not so much to help him bring, but to make sure that chin is touching your breast.
5. use your nipple to stroke baby's cheek so that his mouth is wide open when he latches.
6. when unlatching, use your little finger, insert into his mouth to break the suction and then with finger still in mouth, pull your breast out.
You must quickly unlatch him when it hurts.
You must get help from either experienced friends, or from lact consultants at hospitals or independent ones. dont't delay!
once you've corrected the latching prob, you can feed on your side and then go to sleep with the baby.