Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

is there ...

This is a discussion on is there ... within the Breastfeeding Mothers Support Group forum, part of the MummySG Special Group category; A secret to building a EBM bank? I pump about 5-7x a day for about 20 mins (dual pump) and ...

Worthy Lady
    is there ...

A secret to building a EBM bank? I pump about 5-7x a day for about 20 mins (dual pump) and each pump yields about 180-200ml.

However I can't seem to build my EBM supply :/ my baby latches at times but wld fall asleep after 15-20 mins and wld want more milk after that which we will then feed with EBM. She takes about 110-120ml now. Sometimes we feed her straight with EBM.

I really wanna build my supply esp since I will be going back to work in September.

Worthy Lady
    Re: is there ...

Perhaps you should just let the baby latch on all she wants and continue pumping either before or after her feeds. For myself, I did that for EVERY feed for the first two months and I realised that all the pumping actually made me very tired and the milk supply went down instead. So after that, I only pump about 3-4 times a day or when I'm not too tired. I also set a target of 300ml to hit everyday. You can do that too! My EBM bank is now full of milk which is sufficient for baby to take for at least 20 days.

Try to bottle feed her only once a day to let her get used to the bottle.