Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Baby refusing milk recently

This is a discussion on Baby refusing milk recently within the Introducing Solids & Feeding Your Fussy Toddlers forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; Hi mommies, My baby is 7 months old. She has been on formula milk since 4 months old. She is ...

Female Attendant
    Jurong West
    Baby refusing milk recently

Hi mommies,

My baby is 7 months old. She has been on formula milk since 4 months old. She is quite a good drinker hence takes about 120ml every 3 hours.

I introduced Frisocream to her and she ate that as a cereal. She is on Friso Gold 1. Then, I switched to Friso 2 follow up milk gradually but she started having slight diarrhoea. Hence, after consultation with a doctor, I switch to Similac Total Comfort. She was fine and doctor did mention that after a while I can start her back on normal milk.

Hence, I started her on Friso 2 once a day as she does not seem to like Friso 2 and it gradually increased to a few times a day. But of lately, particularly this week, she has been refusing to drink milk. She closes her mouth tight and refuses to open her mouth. However, she seems ok with cereal on the other hand. She only takes half the amount of milk we make and instead can wait for hours before she takes her next feed.

Any mothers experience the same? Please advise.

Pasir Panjang
    Re: Baby refusing milk recently

This is normal.
    When my daughter was 4.5 mths old, we have started her on semi-solid food and added 2 scoops of cereal in her formula (only day and night feeds) and then now at 10 months old, she is only taking 3 times milk - 210ml in the morning and 180ml in the other 2 feeds.

It didn't worry me as I know my girl is more keen in adults food and we are slowly introducing her finger food such as french fries, rusks, cupcakes, bread (of all kinds), baby carrots, tomatoes, fish, poultry, cheese and porridge.

My girl has acid reflux and was on Similac Total Comfort for a couple of months. I switched to another brand of formula after observing that she has grew out of acid reflux and lactose intolerance.

At 7 months, perhaps you could try other food with your girl. Babies are like adults, they get bored too after eating the same type of food/milk continously.

I like to explore and change/update the food menu for my girl and see her enjoying her meals.
    Last edited by pixie; 26-04-2012 at 06:16 PM.