Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can baby eat orange?

This is a discussion on Can baby eat orange? within the Introducing Solids & Feeding Your Fussy Toddlers forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; Dear mummies, I just wonder that can my 6 mths old baby eat orange? My mother in law keep asking me when ...

Can baby eat orange?

Dear mummies,

I just wonder that can my 6 mths old baby eat orange? My mother in law keep asking me when dear son can start eat/drink fruits juice? What kind of fruits is suitable for 6 mths old baby?
    Any idea?

Re: Can baby eat orange?

i gave my son grapes and apples when he's about 6months... think not oranges as this moment

mum and aunts said orange too cooling for baby, may cause phlegm. i gave her apple, strawberry, kiwi, banana, grape, mango, papaya.. erm.. too much?

Orange cannot b taken by baby under 1yrs old coz too acidic for them which will cause tummy probs for them like diarrhea or etc etc

I let my baby suck one piece of orange when I eat...
    she loves it!~
    but not often, like once a week??

anyway sometimes I will give her grapes juice(which is really abit!) cos it's small & got to squeeze & squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mysterious-m~ View Post
    I let my baby suck one piece of orange when I eat...
    she loves it!~
    but not often, like once a week??

anyway sometimes I will give her grapes juice(which is really abit!) cos it's small & got to squeeze & squeeze.
    So lucky for your baby, i rmb my mother in law let my dear son eat very tiny pieces of orange end up he diarrhea

Quote Originally Posted by LoVeS View Post
    Orange cannot b taken by baby under 1yrs old coz too acidic for them which will cause tummy probs for them like diarrhea or etc etc

I told my mother in law as well but but ... you know , old people will always ask 1 cos my dear son will poo poo once every 4/5 days.

Thanks to all mummies.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvenie View Post
    I told my mother in law as well but but ... you know , old people will always ask 1 cos my dear son will poo poo once every 4/5 days.

Thanks to all mummies.
    Ya i knw what you mean coz my mother in law aso like that who refused to listen n believe what i said so when dear son diarrhea normally she will always insist it isnt cause by the orange dear son took.

Yes i dont deny fruits r good for children BUT sum fruits r not suitable for baby below 1yr old coz their tummy r not strong enuff + havent fully mature yet so the stomach cant take in acidic fruits like oranges, starfruits, pineapples n kiwis.

My dear son took starfruits n oranges before frm my mother in law n she never learnt her lessons coz she always insist not those fruits that cause diarrhea so normally i will let dear husband handle her instead.

Loves, 1 year old below cannot eat kiwi ar? i thought it's ok to eat

i tink better give the 'Sunripe' banana for baby.. coz its soft, taste not too strong and not too sweet

Quote Originally Posted by retrobell View Post
    Loves, 1 year old below cannot eat kiwi ar? i thought it's ok to eat

Depend how ripe the kiwi is coz kiwi you have to choose very wisely so that it doesnt taste too sour which is too acidic for baby BUT if the kiwi is ripe it should taste sweet which baby 10-12mths old can take N cannot give more than 1 kiwi.

Ya i knw what you mean coz my mother in law aso like that who refused to listen n believe what i said so when dear son diarrhea normally she will always insist it isnt cause by the orange dear son took.

Yes i dont deny fruits r good for children BUT sum fruits r not suitable for baby below 1yr old coz their tummy r not strong enuff + havent fully mature yet so the stomach cant take in acidic fruits like oranges, starfruits, pineapples n kiwis.

My dear son took starfruits n oranges before frm my mother in law n she never learnt her lessons coz she always insist not those fruits that cause diarrhea so normally i will let dear husband handle her instead.
    Hi Loves,

normally i also ask my dear husband to pass message. Sumtimes really dont know how to communicate with them. Too direct reject them, they will said we dont't respet them. sigh... Are yu staying with your mother in law? She look after your baby izzit?

Hi Loves,

normally i also ask my dear husband to pass message. Sumtimes really dont know how to communicate with them. Too direct reject them, they will said we dont't respet them. sigh... Are yu staying with your mother in law? She look after your baby izzit?
    Ya i live with my in laws due to HDB rules issues n most of the time i am the one taking care of my dear son.

Depend how ripe the kiwi is coz kiwi you have to choose very wisely so that it doesnt taste too sour which is too acidic for baby BUT if the kiwi is ripe it should taste sweet which baby 10-12mths old can take N cannot give more than 1 kiwi.
    i only give her a thin slice of kiwi, she seem to enjoy eating.. guess i have to pick kiwi careful. thanks for advise !

i only give her a thin slice of kiwi, she seem to enjoy eating.. guess i have to pick kiwi careful. thanks for advise !
    If after eating a thin slice of kiwi n she has no prob then should b ok . Ya a fully ripe kiwi is important coz sum may taste sour n diff baby their tummy tolerance of foods r diff too.

My father in law let my dear daughter suck a piece of watermelon.

(-.-)

but luckily she's fine..
    she keep wanting for more!!

i thought watermelon too cooling for baby? my mum told me not to feed my girl watermelon so i didn't give her

It up to individual parents as sum find it ok while sum dont dare to try n aso depend on the baby digestive system can take it or not. Every baby digestive systems r diff so sum baby eat already nothing wrong while other baby will have diarrhea or other probs.

Worthy Lady

i thought watermelon too cooling for baby? my mum told me not to feed my girl watermelon so i didn't give her
    Same as you,
    we dont't give it to the the small kids,

just avoid the risk fro safety.

Imperial Concubine

I only slowly introduced fruits to my dear son when he's around 10+ months old... I give him those "ang jio" (those short bananas as those normal ones I heard it's too liang & infants will get wind in the stomach), apples, payayas, pears, oranges (those mandarin oranges but very tiny bit) & recently grapes...

Oranges I only let dear son bite & suck the juice once in a blue moon as oranges causes phelgm...

how about tomato? can give right?i know it's not a fruit ya? but my girl like it so much. i once ate infront of her, she made noise "mum mum mum mummm!" i purposely ignore her and continue eating. she know i refuse to budge and wailed as loud as she can until i gave in. really notti.

same here, Agnes, give her small piece of orange once in a blue moon too!

Worthy Lady

Ha ha ha... i am just a silly mummy just like my girl eat anythings Lucky me .. nothing happen.. Hee hee.. Try dilute the orange with water as some book said so....

My theory try everything in moderation... that will do....

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by boggie View Post
    Ha ha ha... i am just a silly mummy just like my girl eat anythings Lucky me .. nothing happen.. Hee hee.. Try dilute the orange with water as some book said so....

My theory try everything in moderation... that will do....
    Maybe orange juice,

I think 2 to 3 drops will be ok but I would avoid until the kids grow bigge later.

better consult the doctor or health professionals for particular case as suggested as a top plan.

Female Attendant

Orange juice yes only 2 to 3 spoon and not everyday.. I give my daughter apples, bananna, papayas, grapes and orange..

Worthy Lady

Dear mummies,

I just wonder that can my 6 mths old baby eat orange? My mother in law keep asking me when dear son can start eat/drink fruits juice? What kind of fruits is suitable for 6 mths old baby?
    Any idea?
    I didn't give my boy orange when he was 6 mths old . Also heard before that orange will cause phlegm and cough. Not sure how true but better be safe .

I think apples and bananas are safer choices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast