(Pls post your topic only once. We can see it.)
How are you weaning him off? Suddenly or gradually?
Breastfeeding fulfills a child's emotional needs beyond food, so the relationship is very delicate.
My boy was directly breastfed. At 14 months old, I decided to start weaning him.
- during breakfast & tea break, introduced him to a little bit of yogurt and fresh milk. He liked it.
- I taught him that fresh milk is also "milk". After a while, he referred to it as "milk".
- I let him drink more fresh milk via spoon or cup. After a while, replaced 1 breastfeed with fresh milk. He accepted that replacement, ate his meals as usual.
- Gradually replaced more day-time feeds.
- Now we are left with only the early morning feed since he is a light-sleeper and I want him to continue sleeping after the feed.
Try to wean off gradually...