my reply in red. HTH =)Hi mummies,
My baby is 7.5 months, intro-ed semi solids to him when he was 6 months. During 6 months, 1 meal and starting 7 months, 2 meals. So far he quite enjoy the foods he like.
1) Ever since I intro 2 meals, he seems to be dropping 1 milk feed. He's on total breastfeeding and direct latch on (so I dont't know how much he drinks). Schedule is
12nn Lunch (e.g. 1 oz potato + 1 oz spinach + 2 to 3 tsp cereal)
5pm Snack/Milk (Used to be milk, now seems not interested so I gave snack like fruit puree or cereal which he will take)
7pm Dinner (e.g. Porridge + 1 oz pumpkin)
Is it normal to drop 1 milk feed with 2 meals? Or am I feeding him too much at lunch so he's too full to take the late pm milk? Should I give him snack or express milk for him to drink (he just learnt to drink from straw cup; I dont't give him bottle)? Worry about his milk intake.
yes it is normal. in fact, dear son dropped 2 milk feeds after he was intro-ed 2 solid meal daily. as long as he still drinks enough milk, is okay for him to replace the feed.
2) He's now pooing 2-3 times a day, is it normal? His poo consistency differs from one to another, can be playdoh-like, then peanut butter-like, then hard and dry... how come so much difference in a day?
i think maybe his body is still adjusting. dear son' poo used to be lik that too. even now, he tend to have those 'peanut butter' poo and next poo very hard. as for the frequency, usually is once daily. sometimes twice daily or even once every 2 days. hehe..
3) Does drinking water help to prevent constipation?
to me i think yes.
4) I read from somewhere that too much veg can cause constipation coz too much fibre difficult to digest? Besides spinach and pea, what other veg that tastes nice to give? He hates spinach, ok with pea.
izzit? i always think that fibre is good?? anyway, no matter what food you give, try to give in moderation. i will try to give dear son vege daily. diffe vege everyday. on top of that, will give some fish/pork/chk..
5) For those jar foods with combination ingredients, if there is 1 new ingredient, do I still need to intro it as a single food and 4 day rule first?
intro single food 1st. only after he is okay with one of the ingredient, then you can intro those pure with 2 ingredients. lets say he is ok with pumpkin, then you can give him pumpkin + potato puree..
6) Notice many mummies mention grind rice grains into powder to cook porridge for smooth consistency. How about I cook as it is, then blend?
i only blend brown rice. i wash the brown rice 1st and put under the sun to dry it. must make sure the rice is 100% dried. then use blender to blend it. for normal white rice, i dont blend. i just throw into slow cooker to simmer for 2hrs..
Thanks in advance!