Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

  • You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 32 of 32
Like Tree1Likes

Organic Cereal ...

This is a discussion on Organic Cereal ... within the Introducing Solids & Feeding Your Fussy Toddlers forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; Mummies, how do I make organic brown rice and cereal for baby? What are the steps to cook them? Can ...

  1. #26
    Imperial Concubine
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Organic Cereal ...

    Mummies, how do I make organic brown rice and cereal for baby? What are the steps to cook them? Can I just get from organic shops (the kind adults can also take) or must it be certified for baby?

  2. #27
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Organic Cereal ...

    there are ready organic brown rice cereal for baby on the market. Brands like healthy times (found in ntuc), bellamy, organic can be found cold storage as well.

  3. #28
    Imperial Concubine
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Organic Cereal ...

    I dont't want to buy ready made, prefer to make myself. Where can I get the brown rice and how to make it?

    Quote Originally Posted by bakaholic View Post
    there are ready organic brown rice cereal for baby on the market. Brands like healthy times (found in ntuc), bellamy, organic can be found cold storage as well.

  4. #29
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Organic Cereal ...

    To make your own, you have to wash and dry the rice and then find somewhere to grind it cos our normal blender might not be able to do it.
    i have never done it so all the best to you!

  5. #30
    Imperial Concubine
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Organic Cereal ...

    Thanks, bakaholic. Sounds like a lot of work. I'll try to look for places that sell ground brown rice... hopefully there are!

    Quote Originally Posted by bakaholic View Post
    To make your own, you have to wash and dry the rice and then find somewhere to grind it cos our normal blender might not be able to do it.
    i have never done it so all the best to you!

  6. #31
    Female Attendant marshmallows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Organic Cereal ...

    Organic stores sells ground brown rice powder. Look for those that need to be cooked over the stove so you'll know it's not instant type (usually for a few minutes to get a nice smooth gluey texture).

    Eu Yang Sang also sells ground brown rice powder (needs to be cooked too) suitable for babies, and its added with 四神粉 which is said to simulate and improve appetite.
    Last edited by marshmallows; 11-03-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    lyra likes this.

  7. #32
    Imperial Concubine
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Organic Cereal ...

    Thanks for great info, marshmallow! I found an organic store that sells ground brown rice and another 2 types of beans. They also have instant ones. I'll try Eu Yang Sang too. The 四神粉 sounds nice

    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallows View Post
    Organic stores sells ground brown rice powder. Look for those that need to be cooked over the stove so you'll know it's not instant type (usually for a few minutes to get a nice smooth gluey texture).

    Eu Yang Sang also sells ground brown rice powder (needs to be cooked too) suitable for babies, and its added with 四神粉 which is said to simulate and improve appetite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Any mummies feeding Earth Best organic cereal?
    By lushtear in forum Introducing Solids & Feeding Your Fussy Toddlers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-01-2011, 04:18 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-08-2007, 03:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Connect With Us

facebook twitter rss

MummySG Facebook Group

Loading...
All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:13 PM.