Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

New york skin solutions

This is a discussion on New york skin solutions within the Eye Care Beauty forum, part of the Makeup & Beauty Talk category; his again is a cheat but I bought the GSS coupon so it costs me only like $8 with complimentary ...

Worthy Lady
    New york skin solutions

his again is a cheat but I bought the GSS coupon so it costs me only like $8 with complimentary of one retail size moisturizer + 1 rejuvenating facial cost up to $300.

First of all, they called me up and ask me to go to Takasimaya for the GSS session which is super FAR from my place?! never mind, I agreed, and so I went. Like any other skin care centre, they did a lot of HARD selling BEFORE the complimentary facial. I asked "how do I know whether your service and result is good if I have not't even try?" Hello, you are not the first skin care centre that emphasize the *bull-* promises and delivered none, duh! Guess what the beautician answered? "AIYA, what do you want to see? Of course our service is good one, we are New York Skin Solution" I was like hmmm.............................................. ........(o'kay)

moving on, the rejuvenating facial (UP to $300) is a VERY basic cleansing facial so by all mean if I want to see the result at the end, I have to top UP to the collagen pax (see? I told you it's a scam). I laughed when I heard how they explained how lacking collagen my skin is. Wonder why I laugh? Everytime when you visit a skin centre they would do skin analysis for you and tell you what's your skin problem etc etc? For New York, it's different. They only check your collagen level. NOTHING else. Funny thing that I realize from my friends who went and some who signed packaged with them that ALL OF THEM has the same skin result, which is lack of collagen. So ALL OF THEM are recommended to take the collagen pax which cost like $500/once. NO other skin treatment being introduce or informed. I bet collagen treatment is either the most expensive treatment or else, the only treatment they have in store. AND SO I LAUGHED.

Since I dont't really have skin problem to begin with, and the main skin woes for me is blackheads so I choose to stick with the complimentary so-called "REJUVENATING facial". The extraction is FREAKING painful but yes my nose is much much cleaner. My clogged blackhead at least clear up by 90% which makes me more than happy. Again, it's freaking awfully PAINFUL, my legs goes shaky during extraction. The whole process is not at all convincing. I get the cold steam, a very very basic mask (that's what the beautician told me), killing extraction, and eye massage and 20% collagen (this is what they top up for me to let me see the difference, which I dont't see). Result? My face is full with redness and redness and redness. They did nothing like applying anything to reduce it. They did not even apply sunblock for me! But clean nose is super nice, though it's not for long term effect.

You know what I dont't like about those centre is when they try to lick our butt so hard in the process and fail at the end because they can't keep up their cool. And that's what happens to New York or any other care centre, everything so far so good until the last hard sell process which is clearly a pain in the ass. The consultant or beautician became VERY RUDE. From a cute friendly lady (with all the cute friendly accent) to a total bitchy lady (can you please imagine this).

She quote me an 'awesome' package like 5k for 10session. Since I dont't think my skin need that much of money to make it looks better, I said I need to consider because it's not a small money. She started to get really rude and said "Did you come to play around?" I was extremely offended by that remarks, it sounds like 'yay, I'm so free, so today I'm heading to New York and play around with the beautician, try and catch me yay!' (WTH). Does that means those who doesn't signed up package with you = wasting their precious time to play with you? If that's the case, by all mean PLEASE include that into the terms and condition. I'd certainly read and avoid buying the first package from you okay?! I dont't want to pick a fight with her and so I stated that she is being rude. She tried to tone her harsh voice down by a little but still it doesn't impress me, I tell her straight and clear I dont't want to sign package and wanted to end the conversation because I'm feeling very offended. And that's what I tell thesamplestore. I just thought New York need to hire more professional worker since they earned tons of money, I dont't see why they can't hire better staffs. At least those that doesn't annoy us. The end.

So, will I re-visit?
    probably MAYBE, not the same store, I'm still offended by how they talk. But Yes I'll revisit if I need some cleaning up for blackheads. Signing packages? Probably not, their products/facial is not super amazing that worth thousands2 of my money.

PS: I didn't take any picture because I wasn't allowed to do so. so anyway just let me rant!

Worthy Lady
    Re: New york skin solutions

Recently we received feedback on consumers filling complaints against NYSS. I know that one of the consumer actually reported to CASE. I would like to talk to some of the consumers who filed a complaint and get more details about the case.
    If you are willing to share more with me, you can reply to this email or call me at 8700 8178. I would like to talk to other consumers as well if you know any of them.
    I am looking forward for your reply. Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Lei Wei
    MediaCorp Chinese News and Current Affairs
    HP: 8700 8178
    DID: 6350 5632